1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Countering MSV in JSA

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Dogpool, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Dogpool

Dogpool New Member

still early in my playing the game.

But finding MSV opponents tough- which they should be I guess.

My current strategy is kill them- but sometimes easier said than done.

Anything better to try?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Your opponent isn't likely to bring more than a couple (unless they're playing morats with a full MSV2 fireteam core D:), so figure out what they are and focus on playing around them.

Also, make sure you have attack pieces who don't care about MSV. If you're playing a list with 2 Oniwabans, you really need something shooty to take down MSV units. In JSA, this is usually your Haramaki missile launcher, or the Karakuri (total immunity makes multi snipers pretty useless).

Also, if you can get close enough, MSV just doesn't matter. A Bao Sniper with MSV2 is still going to lose a roll against a Boarding Shotgun on an Oniwaban (1 pistol shot against 2 boarding shotgun blasts), and he's almost certainly going to lose in CC -- and hell, the Bao is better at CC than a lot of snipers are.

Marker state is your friend for moving around in the active turn because they're forced to use their ARO to discover instead of shooting at you.

3. Dogpool

Dogpool New Member

Thanks.
    I think it was just bad luck against that Tohaa MSV sniper-
    But I thought it was MSV 2 but I see now it is 1
    Triad and basically 3 wounds was tough. And my dice were not my friend.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation