1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Corregidor wildcat resculpts

Discussion in 'News' started by Dragonstriker, Aug 17, 2020.

1. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I guess early on they had issues scaling 3D sculpted models properly for production as they lacked experience. I recall Domaru being delayed, because they scaled them too big for 25mm bases, so they had to be printed again. And they do printing off site, so I guess it takes some time for minis to travel back and forth.
    That being said, laziness of their sculpting is sometimes amazing. I understand reusing digital assets, but some things cannot be justified. And some design choices, like making females tiny is another thing I really don't understand. CB increased blister prices ~ 22% in the last 4 and a half years ( or more if the model is on tactical rock that costs extra these days, like those aren't universally hated already ), I expect to get same amount of lead for that money no matter if it's male or female model.

Guardian, redeemer and Mob of Blondes like this.
  2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Still no in house 3D printer to at least do rough tests? Prusa or Formlabs are thousands, Chinese hundreds. Other companies are using the prints as masters... and they are great.

Guardian likes this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The 3D printer they rent time on is a teeeny bit more expensive than that and offer just a smidge better quality than a glorified office printer, so it might just be that they don't consider there to be a very good benefit to printing it on a cheap Prusa.

A Mão Esquerda and ijw like this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

3D printers are a wild west of a mess at the moment with no standards and protocols, while good for hobby projects, investing on the big ones is not that wise especially since new, more improved, ectr models come each year.

Savnock and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  5. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

That is true but I do see the point of having a cheap glorified office printer for a test run before sending it to the big expensive beast that is going to print the master.

Unless standards are so wild among the printers that you cannot replicate settings from a Prusa to a real business 3D printer, IDK.

LaughinGod likes this.
  6. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This. At least they could see if the mini is too large to fit on a base of certain size.
    But I think CB doesn't want to hire anyone to specifically handle 3D printers, and as hardworking as spanish people are known to be I don't think any of the existing workforce is willing to learn how to handle 3D printer in his/her siesta time.

7. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I am really sad that is the impression you get from Spanish people, people whose actual work made this game and made you a promoter (Warcor) of the game.

We as consumers might not agree with decisions they make (nowadays, I don´t even agree with family), but the above is not ok.

8. Padre

Padre Well-Known Member

Wow, talking about a nation (any nation) like that is a new low, especially for a Warcor.

Cthulhu363, Melchior, zapp and 11 others like this.
  9. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I read it as "as hard working as they are known to be, doubt any of them want to learn 3d printing in their spare time", but saying siesta instead of spare, rather than "they're too lazy" as some seem to be taking it.

10. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

well, it whould have been not the first time someone says we spaniards are lazy using the "siesta" thing (even if most spaniards don't do siesta, and even more people desn't know the reason of siesta in the first)

11. Mayel

Mayel Ursi de Tunguska

Do you know that siesta improves performance and creativity ?

Time Bandit likes this.
  12. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Racist crap aside:

Game industry here. We have two 3D printers for prototypes at the boardgame company I work at, and we make both larger-size board pieces and smaller-scale tokens/models with them. The things are a nightmare to maintain and frequently require finessing models, scales, etc. They will always clog or err at the worst possible moment or during overnight prints, it seems.

If you have a medium-small production staff and a large enough work queue that you can do other stuff while you wait for out of house high-quality masters to arrive, it’s usually a better use of your time. Especially if final highest-quality masters will be needed regardless.

13. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Yo guys, could we please not get ahead of ourselves and try to read this:
    As "on their own time outside of working hours" rather than straight up switching to mortally offended on behalf of someone else with a little bit of yelling racist for good measure straight away?

Sweet RNGesus, pretty please cut your fellow humans some slack rather than assuming the worst.

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  14. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

I agree that people should be given the benefit of the doubt, but your interpretation seems a little naive. The phrase "as hardworkingg as Spanish people are known to be" clearly reads as sarcastic in its context.

Could the poster have meant it literally? It's possible, but pretty unlikely. More to the point, making a blanket statement about the supposed character traits of an entire nation shows very poor judgement, even if it was meant to be positive. It's 2020, there's no excuse for not knowing better than to say things like "Spanish people are x." Of course it sounds racist. At the very least, the poster owes the forums an apology for carelessly making a very racist-sounding comment.

And, in these days where racism on and off the Internet is a huge problem, it's actually pretty important to not let it go unchallenged.

15. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I liked the part where you agree to give people the benefit of the doubt.
    And then immediately pull a 180 and refuse to do so.

Would you happen to be Spanish at least? So you'd at least be offended on behalf of yourself and all that.

Devil_Tiger likes this.
  16. Freki

Freki Well-Known Member

Yeah, no benefit of the doubt on my side.
    It's very poorly worded at best, from there as a grown up the best course of action is to:
    1) acknowledge the mistake
    2) correct the mistake

Those stupid generalisation are really annoying. Especially when they are so far from the truth. Latin European countries have very flexible work hours in private companies unlike the northern parts of Europe.
    In France, Spain and Italy people don't rush the door at 5, they usually stay longer to finish their current task. Especially true for small companies like CB

chaos11, draker, Dogface and 9 others like this.
  17. SockLobster

SockLobster Well-Known Member

...Or, how about cutting the developers of the game some slack, instead of insulting them with casually racist comments.

Your constant tone-policing is extremely annoying, and (judging by the like ratios on the other replies here) it is thankfully not the majority view of this community

This forum isn't your personal clubhouse tesla, please get some perspective. (or just go back to sharing Hitler memes on discord and leave us all alone, thanks in advance)

Dragonstriker, Xeurian and Savnock like this.
  18. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Let it go guys, or someone will probably lock the thread. Let’s stick to toy soldiers, because continuing with the current direction benefits no one.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  19. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

Ignoring racist comments and let them be is just as bad. I am willing to be corrected by LaughinGod, but that post was obviously insulting and racist in a passive-aggresive way. And those things deserve to be pointed out so that, even when giving the benefit of the doubt, the poster can understand it is an issue and give it some thought.

Again, the problem is the racist preconceit here. Not even the guy.

Melchior, Savnock and Xeurian like this.
  20. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

True. Racist crap has to go, and has to be pointed out. But people who say that stuff don’t change often. It’s for everyone else really, to make it clear that racism doesn’t fly and gets you corrected. Interestingly, once done that correction actually gets less effective if dogpiled.

After it’s pointed out, let the fart in the party disperse while we go back to enjoying our common hobby.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation