Corporate Security Officer

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Mahtamori, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

There are skills that would be more interesting on Aquila than CoC, especially since NSA isn't in particular need of it. Strategos or Advanced Command for instance.

CoC CSU might not make much sense fluff-wise, as psychoticstorm said, but it's still a direction that is interesting to explore, maybe with a different execution. A way to show the more corrupt side of PanO, underscoring that they're not boys in shining armor. Remember Carter Burke from Aliens? (CSU have a bit different role, but the vibe is there).

Golem2God likes this.
  2. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I know, but since we were discussing why something won't happen "because it's not integrated in PanO command well enough...."

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

Didn't Gutier claim (years ago) that battles in Infinity were at the behest of corporate interests? In that case CoC on a CSU makes perfect sense.

Thinking about it further, an NA2 "merc" company that represents the PanO corporations would be interesting.

AdmiralJCJF, Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  4. Stiopa

This. I'm really counting on seeing PanO-affiliated corporate PMC in the future.

Golem2God likes this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Oh there are merc companies that work for PanO corporations interests and PanO military works for PanO corporations Interests, that does not mean a proper PanOceania military formation will accept a corporation to direct its operations or have its agents in their high command.

Aquilla getting more skills to reflect his command training would not be bad.

Palomides, Guardian and Stiopa like this.
  6. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

personally Id like to see PanO Lt profiles like hte aquila ect to have more of the +1SWC profiles, I think it would be a really good way of showing pano as a millitary industrial complex with overwhelming strategic force

Palomides, AdmiralJCJF and Stiopa like this.
  7. Stiopa

"Peace through superior firepower", the PanO way.

AdmiralJCJF and daboarder like this.
  8. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

I'd actually be quite happy with a Multi MMR Aquila now that it is finally a thing. Otherwise I'm also on board with a MSR+Sidearm

Fluff is usually a bad excuse for rules. Everyone who can be Lt should theoretically also have access to CoC according to reason. Seraphs - actual Father-Officers, don't even have a Lt option, which is bonkers considering how common it is for TAGs to have Lt options without any fluff reason whatsoever.

Since that's out of the way now, here is another observation. Hexas also lack a Lt option, which means they only represent operatives and field agents of the Strategic Security Divison. I'd suggest a full fledged Hexahedron Officer as the best candidate for a CoC troop.

Lack of CoC never seemed like a real limitation, because the solution is as simple as to simply not take a Lt you ever need to put at risk.
    If CB thinks we should play TAG or HI Lts it eludes me why we aren't allowed to take a pricey LI/MI with a 6 point Skill attached to buy safety in exchange for a significant investment.

#28 Teslarod, Mar 10, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    Barrogh and Stiopa like this.
  9. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I would have seen Hexa with Executive Order rather than Lt profile. As for CoC problem, well I think it is more a balance thing (even if I could argue that we don't have this skill because PanO troops aren't used to lose their leader before the rest of the troopers). Nomads don't have any CoC or Veteran troop at all and I don't see why they wouldn't since they are one of the army which should have the most field experience of the Human Sphere.

As for the Lt providing us spare SWC, well we could say that Squalo Lt is doing this (it is the only TAG Lt that doesn't cost more SWC than the basic loadout with the Marut) and Cutter only costing us 0.5 SWC instead of 1. We have Joan, of course but Santiago Spitfire Lt too (even the Santiago Spitfire only costs 1.5 SWC instead of the usual 2). To the question "could we have this on more profies?" I would answer "Yes" but beware about the possibility to have maybe a too big access to heavy weapons on good platforms that could be a bit OP.

And don't forget that the Uhlan has received a hell of a SWC discount since it brings two heavy weapons for the cost of only one. There is also De Fersen not paying for his AHD in SWC and the same for the Regular Hacker. And Bagh-Mari Sniper don't pay the SWC for the Minelayer skill.

So we already have here and there SWC discounts that Vanilla and some sectorial can benefit from.

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] UHLAN HMG, Feuerbach / . (2 | 99)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] DE FERSEN Spitfire / Pistol, Templar CCW (AP + Shock). (2 | 58)
    [​IMG] KNIGHT OF SANTIAGO Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 44)
    [​IMG] REGULAR Hacker (Hacking Device, FastPanda) Combi Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] TRAUMA-DOC Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Heavy Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

This list is worthing at least 9-10 SWC points for the other armies: 0.5 for the Regular, 0.5 for De Fersen, 1 for Santiago Lt and 1-2 for Uhlan (depending if you think that the Feuerbach should be payed 1 or 2 SWC more)

Of course, this list isn't good but it is a good show of the superior firepower that PanO can bring on the field. Keep this in mind while constructing your lists ;-)

Stiopa likes this.
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea....
    [​IMG] Caledonian Highlander Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] WALLACE Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (0 | 35)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER HMG / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3

6 SWC | 263 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Barrogh and gregmurdock like this.
  11. daboarder

Warcor

having actually player CHA pretty extensively thats trash on so many levels its not funny.

BS10 HMGs are terrible

12. Beodren

Beodren Well-Known Member

While CSU may be a bit of overkill, since they are essentially private contractors.... how about Hexa's?
    I mean we know they are really high ranking operatives, deeply ingrained into much of PanO military structure. They were given quite the liberty with their new "cowboy" leader. While corporate suit may not work well, shady agent, "taking over" the crucial operation would fill the thematic niche... and Hexa as a choice in list, would not be an autopick, due to other, great profiles we learned to love.

Stiopa likes this.
  13. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

I find that to make much more sense than CSU with CoC. Hell, I am not sure why it would be a problem, since it would not break PanO in any way. Would make the Aquila lieutenant be worth taking more often in NCA or be able to run more aggressive lieutenant options in vanilla.

Then again, insert "PanO can't have nice things" meme here.

Stiopa likes this.
  14. Stiopa

It'd also make perfect sense to have Hexa with Executive Order.

And let's be honest, we got at least some nice things. Locust is fine. Hexa KHD is stellar.

15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I can say even more, it's PanO's best KHD xD

(guess why it's a joke?)

16. Stiopa

I play SAA. SAA gets nice things. Come to SAA, we have cookies. You'll float too.

Teslarod, daboarder and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

That was my plan all along. Then CB released Wotan NCA deal ;P

18. Teslarod

Actually not in the least. Hexa aren't leaders or commanders they're Strategic Security Division.
    They're the guys without allies who show up to an Op to get the job done even if that means everyone else on both sides goes to hell.
    Morally bankrupt to achieve success by all means as demanded by the Hexahedron. The PanO Military only works grudginly besides them.
    You can't build a chain of command on that, so based on the fluff there are good reasons why Hexas don't have any Lt, Executive Order or CoC Profiles.

SAA is great, gave them another spin today to pass the time till JSA hits and to put the Tik to work. And so he did, ironically against a list with NuJSA troops.
    Nagas, Minelayers, linked Sapper Snipers, AVA Total on flexible linetroopers for 4 guy Lt shellgames and backup Linkmembers. Almost doesn't matter that they're also on average one point of WIP above PanO standards.

Lets hope Acontecimento doesn't... explode... Bostria casually hinted at something blowing up like ten times in the Rumble video.

#38 Teslarod, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    daboarder likes this.
  19. daboarder

Warcor

Try playing Sval themed PanO.....This is getting hard lol :(

Teslarod likes this.
  20. Teslarod

Talking about Closed Battle Lists or not there?
    Because if yes - You probalby know what I think about 10 Order lists mate. D:

If you're talking about Sval with Vanilla yeah. Auxilia and the Hexa KHD ... although if the Nisse one gets reality is would poprobably still not be my favourite place to put it. And those TOOS cost a hell of a lot SWC. Not even to mention Krakots, Swiss, Aquila or Sensor Regular.

At least we got another official statement that Sval will come at some point together with White Banner.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation