1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Despite those bloody wrists, your conversion looks great. Congrats on sticking through till the end. The product speaks for itself.

Lucian likes this.
  2. Narkano

Narkano Armed Shiba-Inu

069CCA6D-9BCC-4CF3-B86C-5A365F5A6347.jpeg Fairly minor conversion, but I like how it turned out.

Silagast, LaughinGod, volgo and 2 others like this.
  3. Golem2God

Sometimes a model just needs a simple tweak to shine brighter and you accomplished that with this conversion.

unclesrouce likes this.
  4. unclesrouce

unclesrouce Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Today arrived my self-drawn holo lasercut package. I ordered it on a 1mm acrylic in red (no other color are available in this strengh). So far i'm really happy with the result. There is room for improvement - but i'm happy with the first result. There is also a 0,5 mm white acrylic - maybe i'll try this next time. Also different layouts mayme fine for the next try.

And here a vector graved version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

#124 unclesrouce, Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Did you just kill a LE model for a profile that's already got an awesome one?
    ....good job!
    (and may I say I love the wordplay in your blog name)

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Pakulkan

Pakulkan Well-Known Member

I already transform CrocMan Sniper into Forward observer. Not particularly fan of LE minis neither a truly collector. I love helmed minis so I went for it. Could use Knauf as CrocMan, Hexa or Knauf (but more Pano versioned).

Get your point, but I prefer variety over speculate keeping LE minis just in case.

Golem2God and Pierzasty like this.
  7. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Charontid HMG
    [​IMG]
    Was going to use the HMG from a Q drone I'd saved, but that's gone forever so I made one closer the avatars

8. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

@Aspect Graviton, be careful... I'm not sure if those bases are legal for Infinity. I mean, by size, they seem not to fit with the S7 and S5 measures...

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

They're not, (although the one the charontid is on there is fine at 40mm)

Never had a problem with them, started combined before base regulations were a thing. However as having a 32mm base rather than a 25 is a disadvantage so I've not met anyone who minds, even if the 50 is smaller than the reg 55. We're always clear with what the silhouette should be and what things can see, put somebody in contact with a wall (like you're always going to do) and its clear where their silhouette is intended.

As a pay off the bases are pretty, and facing is easier to mark and tell at a glance.

But yeah all my other forces are on the designated bases

Engorn and Golem2God like this.
  10. Contaminator

Contaminator Brigadier of Baguette Brigade

Ok. So here are a couple figures I have been working on. I am not by any means a talented modeling person. But I really wanted a all of my new shiny Briscard models to have at least rifles (I didnt like that the one guy only had an assault pistol)

[​IMG]

So I put it on my now "spare" Spec-Ops model. He is going to be a proxy Zouave.

[​IMG]

Which brings us to the Sniper rifle that comes in the Spec-Ops blister. I didnt like the ADHL and suspected that it was not likely I was ever going to give it a try. So I thought having a sniper rifle that could always just be a basic rifle would be waaaay more useful. So bam.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This has definitely given me more confidence to try out some more modifications. But I planned this for about a month before I ordered minis and started cutting with my jewelers saw. And the only reason it really worked out was because I was willing to sacrifice a copy metro model.

#130 Contaminator, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    redeemer, Section9, taylor and 3 others like this.
  11. ChrismCarter

ChrismCarter Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Knocked up the last of my planned Brawler Cyborgs, HRL, Hacker, and general Rifle profile. Again using the cyborg heads from Monstrous Makings [​IMG]

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

cspo, Section9, Savnock and 6 others like this.
  12. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

Going to work on a Dakini Sniper this month.

The base model is the HMG.

I basically took a Jeweler's saw, cut off the belt on the arm, and replaced bits with some parts from an Adeptus Mechanicus gun to replace the barrel and hide where I cut off the belt. My overall goal was to make it look less like the HMG and more like something else. It may not look toom much like the sniper, but it serviceable. I hope that the Multi-Sniper gets a sculpt with Vedic Aleph, but I don't see it happening soon and I wanted something that was very recognizably the Dakini.

102_5743.JPG

It looks kind of like it's carrying a water gun, but I'll manage. Hopefully it'll look better fully painted (removing those mold lines too). It will work for Imperial Service, and was partly considering making it look more "salvaged."

Edit: painted it up.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#132 Stormygeddon, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  13. TheDiceAbide

TheDiceAbide Thank you for your compliance.
    Warcor

0F18F867-B2FF-4F86-835F-911DCAD934A7.jpeg 58CF7856-4068-49DF-AC08-23D8C39114CD.jpeg

Converting a second Ryuken-9 from the Guija Pilot, totally stoke the idea from Obadiah.

Balewolf, Dude, toadchild and 16 others like this.
  14. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Built myself an Emily using the ABH biker and some nomad bits. Will need something tactical to stand on, but im pretty happy with it. (still need to clean up the shoulder - ill do that before painting).

Attached Files:

Section9, Solar, taylor and 1 other person like this.
  15. Engorn

Engorn Mariscal de Campo del Tridente Tohaa
    Warcor

Well, strongly inspired (maybe more than inspired) by Zagdag's conversion of Neema, I've made this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@zagdag, I strongly recommend you to use as much as you can from the original Neema's arms. The more I painted, the more I noticed the shoulder pads where too big for Neema, so I had to start cutting.

16. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

At last wrapped up a bunch of conversions:
    Long-running quad-legged Lizard and female Clockmaker
    [​IMG]
    More of Lizard and Reverend healer BSG
    [​IMG]
    HMG TR bot and Interventor
    [​IMG]

17. Edlothion

Edlothion Member

I always liked Asuka, but not her bike. So i decided to fix this. I swaped her Bike with Penthesileas bike and repositioned her arm with the helmet.

asuka.jpg

toadchild, Belgrim, Usashi and 2 others like this.
  18. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Doing a lot of conversions at the moment, but since I took a quick picture for WGC here is a conversion I did with Andromeda.

Will take more and better pictures of the conversions a bit later.
    [​IMG]

Section9, Balewolf, Savnock and 5 others like this.
  19. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

Nice and subtle, didn't even realise it was a conversion until I read the text.

20. Golem2God

Interesting. Never thought of doing something like that before. Gives me some ideas to try out.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation