1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Hey, is there a female miniature with a spitfire in the left hand? I'm thinking of making a second pose for my Bolt using the Icestorm medic, but I kinda need the spitfire.

2. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I don't think there is a female model holding a PanO spitfire in the left hand, but you could use the Akalis Spitfire or the new Aragoto Spifire. The Aragoto might have a thinner arm.[​IMG][​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  3. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Well it doesn't necessarily have to be a PanO spitfire, I can make do with another. I feel the Aragoto one wouldn't suit a Bolt very well though.

There's a Riot Grrl that could work.

4. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Do you think those arms could fit on a female bolt?

[​IMG]

5. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I don't see why not! The Echo Bravo arms are a bit thinner than most, so it should work well.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Female Bolts are super tiny. I would be surprised you can fit arms from any male model, even pre digital era, on them. This is true for most female models in the game, they make them so tiny it's silly.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Echo Bravo's arms would definitely have the right tools for the mini too, I think I'll try. Worst case, I have Echo-bravo to paint.

I don't find them especially tiny, honestly. They seem tiny for PanO because the male are mostly knight or orcs who are huge.

8. LaughinGod

Warcor

I have painted over 350 Infinity miniatures since 2014. Including at least 10 Bolts. Converted at least 50 different minis.
    Their arm joints ( square pegs ) are like 1mm diameter ( for females ). It doesn't get any smaller than that.
    Only male to female arm transplant I managed to pull is male Caledonian Volunteer rifle arms to female Grunt. And that is because male Volunteers are stupidly tiny, it pissed me off so much that I sold off my Caledonian force after I saw how terrible scale creep is within their new starter.
    So unless they screwed up scale of Echo Bravo ( which I doubt, they usually screw it with larger box releases like starters or box releases ) there is no way those arms would fit nice, without extensive filing/green stuff work and even then I am confident it won't look good. If you want left arm Spitfire, and you don't care from which faction, I suggest Hassassin Muyib female from that box. You can probably buy it from Cho, I got it for my Irmandihno conversion it was like 4 GBP. This model is equally tiny and arms swap should fit scale wise perfectly. Hell, if you need arms only ask him to sell you arms I will buy rest of the model, can't have enought Irmandihnos.

9. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Huh, okay. I'll still judge myself.

Golem2God and ThananRollice like this.
  10. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I'm down to two options. Echo-Bravo or the Spitfire girl from the Tomcats pack. Armor-wise, Echo-Bravo would suit better, but the Tomcat would probably fit better when it comes to size.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

That Tomcat's not Spitfire, that's a (old-style, pre-N3) Nomad Combi + LFT.
    As for Spitfires, at least Nomad Vortex and Haqq Husam SpecOp models came with their respective Spitfires in their weapon sprues.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. ArcadianDreamer

ArcadianDreamer Well-Known Member

HVTCordelia.jpg
    I think I've got some painting work left to do, but it's a conversion thread!
    HVT or Warcor for use. Bootleg Penny arms, Cordelia body, some green stuff.

Attached Files:

Harlekin, Xeurian, Oni and 11 others like this.
  13. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

To be fair, the spitfire is actually secondary. The main point is the extra device on the other hand. the Bolt I'm making is also the team's medic, which is why I want the device. (I know the tomcat doesn't have a medikit, but I can figure something out)

The point is those minis fit the theme I have in mind. One gun and a device. I'm leaning toward the Echo-Bravo.

McNamara likes this.
  14. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Good news, friends!

I went to my local store to buy the Combined Army Starter pack (half price deal yay), and they gave me a Libertos Freedom Fighter as a bonus!

15. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

This device seems to be a D-Charge (the model's Engineer, and has two the sma devices on her back).
    You'd need the dedicated Tomcat Doc (who is a part of the Tomcat Box Set) for a Medkit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I know but since it's going on a female Bolt I'm working on so I see what I can do. Echo-bravo looks to have small enough arms for it and include a medikit. The female tomcat was mostly for the nice gun and having something other than a gun in the other hand.

I checked pretty much all units with a visible medikit and unless I want to buy two packs of minis for just two arms, I think it's best i go for a single mini. (and a robot!)

#1036 FireFangs, Jun 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Errhile likes this.
  17. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is a swell deal. I always love receiving treats such as your recent encounter.

18. LaughinGod

Warcor

There exists a Bolt with medikit. Beyond Icestorm Bolt Paramedic.

Golem2God and chromedog like this.
  19. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I don't know when I'll actually make the Helot but still it's nice to have it.

I know, but it's problematic in that I would buy the whole kit for a single arm at first, and then would need to find a second left arm with a rifle.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

In other news, I finished my "after defection" Oznat.
    Less savage, more armored and higher tech

[​IMG]

My phone takes terrible pictures...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation