1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

Nothing too crazy from me. Just doing some arm swaps after I finally caved and got the USAriadna box set to add a Devil Dog and 3rd Maverick to my collection. Didn't really need any of the other models but don't want to waste them so tried my best to mix and match them well. Not the cleanest on a couple but I think once some camo paint hits them they won't look as awkward!

[​IMG]

2. Cry of the Wind

Cry of the Wind Well-Known Member

Sorry to double post but I was thinking about my arm swaps here and have a question. So the Grunt with the flamer is a simple swap with the Marauder arms and I think he looks great in person.

The Marauder however now has Grunt arms and they look odd. I'm not sure how to make the Grunt arms look ok on the Marauder since it seems the shoulders are designed to have that extra bulk to them. Do you think I should cut off the armour that is on the Marauder body and reattach the arms or just leave as is and hope camo fixes all?

3. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

Anyone have advice on where to get chain rifles or a Close combat weapon and pistol that looks good on the double SMG Krakot renegade?

4. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've cut Marauder arms at wrist and transplanted them to Grunt with no problem. At first I did what you did, but it shoulder pads botherd me too much ( Marauders are very different from Grunts ) so I ended up cutting them. And result is great IMO.
    [​IMG]

5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Morat chain rifle parts do not exist so either rob any human warband, or make your own basing on the Daturazi dossier.
    As for pistol & CCW, the pistol & CCW Krakot is a good source :v failing that, pistol from the old multi Suryat and a knife from pretty much any Morat equipped with one. New Daturazi seem like good arm donors, but I haven't compared the size.

6. T. Rex Pushups

T. Rex Pushups Well-Known Member

I wish I could find that Krakot.

But sadly he doesn’t show up on eBay at all.

I wish they had swapped the model allocation and made the 2 SMG one the ITS mini and let the universal load out one be the for sale one.

7. david_lee

david_lee Well-Known Member

I haven't done any real conversions before, (other than clipping down sniper rifles), so as a converting newbie, what would be the best way to make some more Ghulam snipers? I was thinking about maybe using one of the rifle Ghulams from the starter, but I'm not sure where to go from there. I've also thought about just getting another Ghulam box and doing arm swaps, but I don't think that'd be very efficient, because I don't need any more HMG or hacker or ML Ghulams. Any suggestions?

8. Pierzasty

If you can stomach having an older weapon design, the old sniper rifle is pretty much the standard rifle with a different barrel and a scope, both of which you can cut off from any old Haqq sniper quite easily.

And thanks for reminding me to finish my own Ghulam sniper.

Golem2God likes this.
  9. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I also did the wrist cut off to make it easier, though it doesn't change the pose as much. The other way to do it would be if you have a saw, and you saw under the shoulder pads (and through the stocks) and then transplant from there. It makes it so everyone will have their correct shoulder pads.

Cry of the Wind likes this.
  10. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

If you're brave you can sculpt your own morat chain rifle. but if you look closely the Krakot's arms are basically the same as daturazi ones, so they make excellent conversion fodder.

p.s. if you do make your own chain rifle, make a few extra and send them to me please ^_^

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  11. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Some weapon swaps:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#71 Lucian, Feb 3, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  12. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

Didn't the old Daturazi sculpts have a Morat version of the chainrifle (that was arm-mounted or otherwise weird iirc)?

13. Pierzasty

It did. However, that variant is not only OOP, but has been significantly redesigned and the redesign has no mini (FFS).

14. LaughinGod

Warcor

I like to run 10 grunt USAR list, because I think they are almost Sukeul level OP. But I hate clones, so had to convert a bunch of them. This is my latest ( and probably last of the bunch ) converted rifle Grunt. Arms are from a male rifle Caledonian volunteer ( N3 Caledonian starter has terrible scale issues with those miniatures ), they were a pain to fit but look really well now.
    [​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  15. Sergei Simonov

Sergei Simonov Well-Known Member

Got a whole bunch of cheap stuff for conversions from the CMON black friday sale, so time to start posting what I've done so far. Here's the first to reach (near) completion-- Captain America the universal proxy/HVT, ready to bring some fire and fury to the battlefield.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  16. Latxintxa

Latxintxa Squirrel God

HOW DO YOU MADE THIS?!!!! I NEED KNOW IT plssss!!

Lucian likes this.
  17. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

Looking at it the pistol is a handswap from the Raicho Pilot mini, and the CCW is an armswap from a Daturazi

Damn good conversion though, very close to the ITS limited mini

Pierzasty and Lucian like this.
  18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Yeah, CCW Arm is from Combi Rifle Daturazi + Pistol is a heavy pistol from Raicho pilot + extra shoulderpad from some other Daturazi Arm. CCW Arm is a bit smaller (biceps), but posing and painting make it look okay
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I really wish I had bought a limited one while they were available...

Also,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#78 Lucian, Feb 6, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  19. LaughinGod

Warcor

Here is a group shot of some of my Ariadna conversions. Like I said, hate clones so saw and drill are my best friends. Converted all the grunts I need, now on to converting 3-4 chain rifle volunteers. Sadly they will all have to be male, since female volunteers are terribly scaled. This converted volunteer chain rifle looks a bit odd from this angle, but it's not. It is pointed at what he is looking at.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  20. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

Tomax and Xamot conversions from Hafza.
    [​IMG]

Section9, Space Ranger, m2cat and 6 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation