1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Here as I mentioned I’d post, is my converted squalo. I managed to (just about) get him on a S6 base after all! There’s still some work to do but for now he’s drying before I get into the cleanup.

IMG_2043.jpeg

#2461 Gwynbleidd, Aug 3, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2023
    LeGweg, Wizzy, Errhile and 7 others like this.
  2. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Cool pose! poor squalo having to bow down like that. He should stand tall during these trying times

Gwynbleidd, burlesford and anubis like this.
  3. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Thank you! I didn’t like the pose of the gun or the way the head was looking so I had originally repositioned it to its current state, I wanted it to match the Panoceania psint guide artwork.

I had to do him kneeling as it was the only way to get him on the base! Cutting the legs wasn’t as difficult as I thought. A bit of clean up now with some extra green stuff to do the pipes and he’ll be good to go!

4. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I really needed Fiddler for Interplanetario, but I didn't have the model since I didn't win any tournaments that year. What I did have is Bixie from this year, so I 3d printed a head and lower arms, pinned everything and voila
    [​IMG]

#2464 LaughinGod, Aug 23, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    Tristan228, nehemiah, Jumara and 5 others like this.
  5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Some attempt on making a Kulak
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Need a better idea for shoulder pads...

#2465 Lucian, Aug 28, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    Usashi, burlesford and Jumara like this.
  6. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

That's an awesome conversion. Love it!

I fixed myself a second Sineater MSR and a second Karhu Feuerbach:

[​IMG]

redeemer, LeGweg, Jumara and 2 others like this.
  7. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I couldn't make a good picture even if my life depended on it, converted HRL Cenobite to carry light shotgun instead of sword and head instead of helmet. I painted the other one first and I realized that sword is so thin it will at one point most definitely break from constantly bending and that helmet with a little star that is separate piece will also get lost at some point. So I converted second Cenobite to remove those issues. Head 3d printed from Keta KS, light shotgun from MM.
    [​IMG]

8. boquepasha

boquepasha ALEPH is love, ALEPH is life, ALEPH is your friend
    Warcor

Hi, it's been a while since I posted my conversions here. This is an old one I did back in 2017, but I didn't paint it until a few days ago (my bad, I nearly forgot this one was still unpainted). Here's a conversion I did for my Garuda trying to make it look like Jehuty from the videogame Zone of the Enders:
    WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 14.11.40.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 14.11.41.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 14.13.28.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 14.15.16.jpeg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LeGweg, Errhile, RolandTHTG and 10 others like this.
  9. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I don't know why CB keeps making more and more ridiculous fantasy-looking swords lately, but I'm definitely not their target audience for those. The new McMurrough is another offender, his sword doubling in size compared to his previous incarnation.

Luckily, I had just managed to acquire an N3 Highlander Grey, who was one of those rare models that came with an extra set of arms. One of those is this giant Claymore that turns out to fit perfectly on McMurder. I'm very happy with his new, more realistically-sized blade (that also isn't Siocast and therefore not a nightmare to clean):

[​IMG]

#2469 burlesford, Sep 6, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2023
    LeGweg, kesharq, Abydog and 11 others like this.
  10. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

+1 here. At least half the swards from the past 6 months of releases are riddicules over the top fantasy weapons, the thing 14 year old me loved to hang on it´s wall, both the Stigmata´s and the Penitentia´s swaords look like ripped out of the cold, dead hands of a chaos space marine that realy want to impress their god, and McMurders is just ....oversized... it´s so thick i am close to spell it with double c.

The size of the Highlanders Claymore fits perfectly to be carried by McMurder single handedly. Great idea and way more fitting then my attempt
    :-D

burlesford and Errhile like this.
  11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Generally, in the fluff, Berenice (McMurrough's current sword) was originally made by and for a normal-sized human: a Knight Templar. So there was no reason for it to be larger than what a normal-sized human, well, perhaps one in a servo-assisted power armor, could wield in combat.

Making it a greatsword / two-handed sword for a human has a chance of making it big enough to make it a sensible-sized sword for a Dogwarrior. altering the grip panels to fit McMurrough's hand is a trivial job.

Which has been beautifully shown here!

Cadwallon, chromedog, Jumara and 2 others like this.
  12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I like that conversion, it's a very sleek looking blade in his giant hands.

Amusingly, he's always had a completely ridiculous sword, even back when he entered play in dogface form.
    [​IMG]

LeGweg, Jumara and burlesford like this.
  13. Errhile

That's true. But back then the sword wasn't Berenice - which he received just after getting locked in Dogwarrior form.

burlesford likes this.
  14. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

I like the change to the sword, but it is also the giant chain rifle that makes me less enthusiastic about this mini, (and Duroc for that matter). I really like the Dog Warrior and the Old McMurrough having the regular sized chain rifles which look like pistols in their giant transformed hands.

KedzioR_vo and burlesford like this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I don´t like fantasy swords in sci fi settings, so I choose hammer:

[​IMG]

The Pentinent got a "inbuild" blade:

[​IMG]

#2475 archon, Sep 7, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2023
    LeGweg, RolandTHTG, toadchild and 3 others like this.
  16. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Modified cascuda to fit into base
    20230907_132713.jpg

LeGweg, RolandTHTG, Uthoroc and 3 others like this.
  17. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

Nice convertion, especially the Stigmata looks great. The hammer is a fitting solution.
    Seems like both Penitentia and Stigmata where one of the worst design choices from CB since a long time. I can´t remember a modell beeing more often converted for the same reason (here: because the sword is ugly af), what especially with the TAG is even more sad because the modell itself looks amazing.

18. KGG

KGG Well-Known Member

I had a go at 'Stigmaton Silly Sword Surgery' too. Opting for an electrified whip made from Zinge flexible resin. Feels much more like an E/M weapon to me.
    20230909_160721.jpg 20230909_160559.jpg

anubis, LeGweg, Tristan228 and 11 others like this.
  19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

#2479 Wizzy, Sep 14, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  20. Errhile

With all due respect - the paintjob is very nie - what was converted about this model?
    To my eyes, she seems to be a totally stock 1gen Alguacile Sniper.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation