1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Contents of new Shasvastii Starter

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by BlazyCrane, Mar 28, 2019.

1. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

With the announcement of new true line soldiers for Shasvastii, and since they are updating the scuplts. I keep thinking what the hopefully new Starter box will contain.

I think it is going to be

3x Nox (Combi Rfiles)
    1x Malignos (Combi Rifle)
    1X Mentor (Boarding Shotgun)
    1x Gwailos (HMG)

it come out to 142pts and 2.0 SWC

I think this is rather balanced and it models the 'feel' of the MAF starter (3 line troopers, 1 skirmisher/Warband, 1 MI-esque unit (Mentor has simialr stats to Raktorok), and 1 HI.

What do you guys think?

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Sounds reasonable. They might release Noctifier hacker and Shrouded instead of Malignos and Mentor.

Barrogh likes this.
  3. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

That could work as well. Any of them would work, though I am for new units/sculpts all the way. I just don’t want to see any seed-soldiers those are not beginner friendly.

4. eduiguima

eduiguima Member

I love doing lists :)
    I think The Shasvastii starter will be in a Operations box. I think the box will be Foreign Company X Shasvastii and it will be like:

Shasvastii

2x Nox (Combi)
    1x Seed (Combi)
    1x Mentor (Boarding Shotgun)
    1x Gwailo (HMG)
    1x Caliban (Boarding Shotgun)
    1x Sheskiin Exclusive

List around 193p and 2 SWC

Foreign Company

2x Kaplan (Combi Rifle)
    1x Zero (Combi Rifle)
    1x CSU (Breaker Combi Rifle)
    1x Cube Jager (Boarding shotgun)
    1x ORC Troops (HMG)
    1x Valkyrie Exclusive

Around 179p and 2.5 SWC

Having Zero and ORC on a NA2 starter is a bit strange, i don't know if they would do it...but i'm just especulating :)

Space Ranger likes this.
  5. BlazyCrane

BlazyCrane Active Member

That definitely sound like fun. I do hope the next operations includes aliens. I like the idea of Shesvastii being in it but I think it should be against either Tohaa or a NA2 Army that’s a litt more defined unique with the units in like JSA.

6. deltakilo

deltakilo Bear of Butcher bay
    Warcor

I'm hoping shas will be the gencon box by itself. Just like usarf. There's so much shas needs. Pretty much nothing is current so I think that's a good way to quickly expand the army.

BlazyCrane and Hecaton like this.
  7. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

late 2018 starters seem to have a more SWC heavy approach, so while Nox would be a given you may see some SWC spending there, mentor would probably be marksman rifle, and I'd probably expect a cut throat or caliban in there rather than a gwailos (which wouldn't be available in vanilla) I'm hoping to see a Shas starter sooner but I wouldn't be suprised if it turned out they were a Gencon Release army box or part of an operation box.

Either that or the starter is just three noctifer ML a speculo and two seed soldiers (and I suppose a mentor for an LT), the gentlest introduction box ever created.

DaRedOne likes this.
  8. Mustachio Furioso

I think we'll see the Speculo in the starter for sure. So, something like:

3x Nox combi rifles
    1x Speculo
    1x Shrouded
    1x Gwailo (or something else entirely - this is the one I am least certain about)

If the above is what we get in the starter then I'll be very happy. What I DON'T want to see in it are Seed Soldiers, Jayth and Cadmus. I probably won't be using Jayth much, Seed Soldeirs would be a bit too weird for new players and Cadmus falls in the same category.

I do think it's possible that we only get 2x nox with combis and then 1x seed soldier though.

9. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

I just hate that we will have to wait till September.

10. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

This is ridiculous. The Shasvasti starter will clearly be just a handful of camo/TO markers. Perhaps an impersonation marker tossed in as well.

11. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

You're forgetting the part where CB fills about a half of the starter with situational to garbage profiles nobody really wants to make you buy same units later in blisters. And this one gets bought effectivaly because of 2-3 Nox minis and because lovely miniatures to put on your shelf.

12. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

$5 says the Tensho expert is the preorder bonus.

Another $5 says that Taigha creatures end up being part of the Defiance kickstarter.

#12 Leviathan, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  13. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'll put down for the Taigha! I don't think the Tensho will be the preorder though. I'm thinking the new Corax Spec-Op. Just like the new Tohaa Spec-Op for Spiral.

I think @BlazyCrane is pretty close to what would be in a starter but if it's a 2 army box, there's usually a 7th figure that's exclusive to the box like the Ninja and Al Fasee in Red Veil. I'm thinking that will be a new Speculo Killer. It's hard to say for the other force. If it's Foreign Company I think it wouldn't be a character because they haven't come out with any before in a box. The like to do one big figure so I'm guessing another Kriza Boracs.

14. Vaulsc

Vaulsc Well-Known Member

The starter set should be:

Sheshkiin Red Fury
    Caliban Smg
    Gwailo HRL
    Noctifer Missile Launcher

To balance it when you play your first game of infinity against your friend who recently picked up the caledonia starter boxed set.

smog likes this.
  15. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

:smiling_imp: You had the right idea up until the Missile Launchers. Too much SWC.

So it's going to end up:
    Noctifier Combi-Rifle
    Noctifier Combi-Rifle
    Noctifier Hacker
    Caliban SMG (for random options)
    Gwailo HRL (for the Lieutenant option)
    Mentor Boarding Shotgun

Just so that someone has to sit there and know that if they buy two starter boxes they'll regret it, but still be slightly tempted to do so. :)

16. Bohrdog

Bohrdog Santathematics

3 Nox
    2 Seed-Soldier
    1 Shrouded
    1 Mentor
    2 Cutthroat
    1 Sphinx

17. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

The VIRD box would like a word with you. As would the Shock Army box. Or the current SEF box. :P

I'm hoping that SEF gets an Army Pack, not a Starter Set.

18. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

We know there will be a "Battlebox" (term they have used in teh store for the Operation boxes) at GenCon. It was mentioned in the blog post about what is happening in 2019 (December 2018)

19. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

The Shasvastii will get the kickstarter release for Defiance as a whole full fledged army.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation