1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Forces

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Káosz Brigodéros, May 26, 2018.

1. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Komrades,

I've been trying to put together an all comers vanilla Ariadna army with no specific mission on my mind. Our TO is considering a two-day tournament with missions not yet decided, but I presume the missions will be fairly diverse. I have already put together a list that is faring relatively well in the infamous Biotechvore mission. So the list below should be considered as an 'Everything else' list.
    Let me know, what you think!
    [​IMG] Combined Forces
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] CHASSEUR (Minelayer) Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    [​IMG] LINE KAZAK Lieutenant Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] LINE KAZAK Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] KAZAK DOKTOR Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7 [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] SPETSNAZ (CH: Ambush Camouflage) HMG / Pistol, CCW, Knife. (1.5 | 38)
    [​IMG] 112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
    [​IMG] IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] IRMANDINHO Chain Rifle, D-Charges, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
    [​IMG] VOLUNTEER Chain Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 6)
    [​IMG] ASSAULT PACK . (0 | 25)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] HANDLER Rifle, Smoke Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (- | 10)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] x3 ANTIPODE AP CC Weapon. (- | 15)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    [​IMG] GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)

GROUP 3[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I think the list is pretty standard and straightforward...
    Thank you in advance!

Golem2God likes this.
  2. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

To be honest it looks like a great list - you've taken either two or three of nearly all the most point-efficient models in Ariadna. Looking forward to some of your Battle Reports.

Káosz Brigodéros and Golem2God like this.
  3. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

The only real downside I see here is not bringing expendable ARO pieces, specifically the cateran. I‘d suggest to keep this list as your list A and simply take a slightly altered version of it as your list B. In list B you could then go a bit lower on orders and pack more long ranged weapons to be able to win even on very open tables.

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  4. Káosz Brigodéros

Káosz Brigodéros Vanguard, Inc.

Komrades!

Thank you for the input, it is well appreciated!

Regarding the remark of ZlaKhon I am a bit confused. I understand you suggest that I should bring cheap ARO pieces, but I get the impression the secound (and third) group is just loaded with ARO pieces like CR Volunteers, II Grunts, the Warcor and to some extent Irmies not to mention the abundance of mines. Do you suggest this will not be enough or did I misunderstand you?
    Regarding the Cateran specifically I think he is not a good ARO piece. Clocking in at 24 points he would be my most expensive trooper save for the murderbots. Moreover the Cateran is pretty much vasted when used as an ARO piece - he is much more a hitman. He excels at killing an opposing trooper in the active turn making good use of surprise B2 shot and good range band. (Not to mention the ability to pick a fight I want to enter as opposed to ARO pieces where the opponent is dictating the terms of the trade.) I am not saying he is not a good trooper (Au contraire!), but he is not a good ARO piece...
    Maybe you are instead suggesting to take a few snipers?
    Regarding the suggestion to take a B list, unfortunately I am afraid the secound list will have to be a specific list tailored for Biotechvore. Fortunately we play on fairly dense terrain, so I believe the lack of snipers is not a red flag per se.

Again: thank you for the input!

ZlaKhon likes this.
  5. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

I think I might have mixed up my arguments a little.

I ended up being stuck with similar lists on large tournaments where they had some very open tables. If this doesnt apply to your meta, bringing more Chain Rifles rather than long range weapons is a good call.

For me bringing something like the cateran is nice because i can always choose to set him up for ARO if it is necessary. I completely agree that active turn huntig is better for him, but it is nice to have the option against large hordes of chain rifle dudes.

But if biotechvore is played, Id also suggest to focus one list on it. Maybe use the cateran there to take out enemy TR bots?

Káosz Brigodéros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation