1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Army Alien Species Names

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Golem2God, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I wish the Raicho had a Blitzen, E/Marat, or something like that so it could justify its name.

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Agreed. It does mention that Urkherites are a sub-species of the Ur race. Here is a lore quote: "The Nexus are one of the most valuable assets available to the Supreme Ur forces. They are true experts when it comes to operating in unpredictable environments. Recruited among the Urkherits, one of the Ur's favorite tool-subspecies, they are tough and adaptable. They have also been improved though special training taught by the sadistic Umbra. The Nexus belong to the explorer class and have been forged for sounding out the universe - sent to the heart of darkness and the borders of eternity and trained to deal with anything they find there."
    Makes me wonder what other "favorite tool-subspecies" the Ur have and if we will see any in the future or an Ur sectorial.

3. Hecaton

@Golem2God I think that in this case it's a mistranslation; subspecies in this case means something closer to 'servant species' rather than a literal subspecies of the Ur race.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Perhaps you are right. It does seem the Ur use species as tools in the same way the Tohaa do.

5. Hecaton

Don't insult them by comparing them to the artichokes.

itsuncertainwho and Golem2God like this.
  6. Golem2God

They wouldn't like that very much. Neither would the Tohaa for that matter.

7. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

To be honest, most of what I know of mythology comes from googling stuff that I find in tabletop games like Infinity, also helps that I play Bushido, which is basically 'Japanese mythology the skirmish game'
    IF you ever need a good source of japanese mythological creatures, this website is golden: http://yokai.com/ . Interestingly while looking for that website I found the Raiju, which is a more generic thunder-beast: http://yokai.com/raijuu/

In the native morat language, the TAG is known as the Raizot. Which according to the fluff was mispronounced by Yu Jing forces as 'Raicho', fortunately it was rather apt given that it tends to announce its presence on the battlefield by a torrent of loud and indiscriminate heavy weapons fire.

So if anything, for the raicho to have equipment that justifies it's name, it would probably have to come fitted with spellchecker ^_^

Golem2God and DaRedOne like this.
  8. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

The more I talk about the Raicho and the more I write about my own Raicho Pilot the more I want that mini to have frenzy. It would just be fun.

One point I would like to bring up is: Insults.

As an English teacher, I often have to explain about insults and slang to my students as a way to help them avoid falling in traps and pitfalls when speaking with natives, and that had me thinking about how would Insults actually work in say, morat society?

Think about it, most of our insults are sexual in nature but that's only because for most of Occidental Society sex is taboo and shameful. In many Eastern societies the insults are more related to heritage or hygiene as they don't care much for what one does sexually, but do care for cleanliness and their family.

So I've been thinking, Morat value fighting a lot more than any other society, so words like 'coward' would probably carry more weight for them than they do to us. But I wanted to go beyond that, I wanted to create morat words for things like "Warrior who fled a battle" or "Warrior who says he/she has won many battles but has not" and so on.

Golem2God and Barrogh like this.
  9. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

That would be quite fitting, especially considering the fluff literally says the most of the Raicho's weight comes from the fact that it carries vastly more ammo than strictly necessary, because the pilot's are prone to just letting rip with the guns like a kid with a garden hose in a water fight.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Or maybe both
    vOv

Seeing it discharging those weapons would sure cement the Japanese misheard name for that thing, so it wouldn't be entirely out of nowhere.

11. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

Morat insults I would consider:
    False Warrior
    Failed Warrior
    You fight like a child
    You think/move/fight like a Shasvastii
    Can't hit the broad side of a starship
    You hunt like a farmer
    Loner
    You failed you family/regiment
    Your bad at hunting
    Farm hand
    You hunt small game

Golem2God and DaRedOne like this.
  12. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Some of these I feel would be more offensive than others.

"Farm Hand" and "You hunt like a farmer" in particular seem pretty bad, and 'You failed your family/regiment' can be situationally devastating. I might use stuff like this. thanks!

Golem2God likes this.
  13. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

@DaRedOne absolutely. Some would be fight to the death insults, others would be little more than good natured smack talk.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation