1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combat Remotes

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by sgthulka, Jun 5, 2018.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Hunting Party is a mistake. But fair point.

It has just as much rules justification as your way of playing it.

xagroth and Tom McTrouble like this.
  2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

So remotes, who cannot ever go prone, would not fall from a vertical surface they were grabbing to when they lost their last STRucture point.

Remember that it is not possible to deploy "climbed", however, because it is an Entire Order (changed to short in the case of Climbing Plus) and it is explicitely stated in the rulebook that Entire Order skills can only be applied on the Active turn, so the setting of a Total Reaction on top of a Tsyklon or something similar is only possible by expending orders, sadly.

3. inane.imp

Wrong. You can deploy on vertical terrain.

It's a legal position in your DZ.

Climb only enables Movement on Vertical terrain. Deploying is not Movement.

Also because @HellLois said so:
    http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/...t-and-climbing/?do=findComment&comment=812418

Edit: sorry that comes off rude. Touch frustrated by things. But this has been [Solved] for legitimately ages.

Edit2: that whole page is worth reading. Mainly so you can laugh at Bostria. :)

#43 inane.imp, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  4. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

Was supposed to write a similar answer. Glad someone did it before me.

5. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Well, the Climb or Deployment pages need a note added, for clarification purposes. Heck, I added that "remember" stuff because I checked the rules and it looked to me that you can only deploy the models as hidden, markers, prone, or not prone...

Don't worry about "sounding rude", there are not many ways of telling others "you are wrong" in the Internet that combine security and "not rude" :p

And that thread should be ported to this forum, at least ots official answers. This is one of the things that is a problem for Infintiy, tons of clarifications that get lost :(

Certainly, this gives an interesting deployment option for stacking several Total Reaction remotes... and the Flash Pulse ones. By stacking them vertically on your "sniping nest" you can negate a "slicing the pie" tactic, and the terrain can negate any way of "horizontal slice" (using distance to the border and height of the shooter to limit the amount of troops that can ARO to it), since you can only be Prone or not (so at the very least, you negate the cover of the enemy, and we get into checking if their terrace has enough depth...

I think we need a thread about "geometry and you" for Infinity tactics XD

sarf and McNamara like this.
  6. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I should try this one)))

7. inane.imp

It's less effective than you think: you're deploying at least 1 of the troops without Cover, you're still vulnerable to being killed by MSV2 through Smoke and a Hexa MSR (or equivalent) deployed at >32" stands a good chance of killing both in a single order.

xagroth likes this.
  8. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yeah, but it's an option and not all people is used to it. You can always dodge, however, and I like to cluster my long-range ARO so they can overlap as much as they can (forcing the enemy to waste orders and other resources to try and get them), that's why I love so much the Mk4 Proxy (it's also one of the troops that goes to +1 AVA really fast anytime the campaign rules are used).

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

That said, flash pulse bots with Overclock on an EVO are a great little order base. The EVO competes with the Interventor at the same cost, which is rough, but can really boost those cheap bots.

xagroth likes this.
  10. inane.imp

You mispelled 'augments'.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation