1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Code One: Order Expenditure Sequence

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jenian Katarn, May 8, 2020.

1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I think that's the intent, the rules do need tightening up a little to make it unambiguous though (see other thread).

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I'm not sure the rules are ambiguous here, it seems to me the only way they can be called ambiguous is if you didn't read the rules and instead listened to other people's summaries.

The sequence of events is: ►1. The player declares a Skill with the Movement Label. ►2. Measure to find out which locations the Trooper could reach with that Skill. ►3. Declare the final location, and the exact route that the Trooper is taking to reach it. ►4. Move the Trooper to the final location.​

Number 1 and 2 says just about everything you need without the rules going into detail about what you may not measure (which oddly enough, the C1 rules leaves it implicit that you're not allowed to measure outside of what the Order Sequence demands).

tox likes this.
  3. inane.imp

I'm more referring to what step 5 of the Order Expenditure Sequence permits.

4. Mahtamori

Ah, yes. The missing "[..]measure all distances and zones of control relevant to the orders declared[...]"

5. inane.imp

Depending on how Hacking Area and Holo 1 works, it may be slightly more broad than that. But yeah, something more limited than "all distances and ZOCs".

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

The Resolution step? What there? You already measured what you are allowed to measure and moved

7. inane.imp

8. Mahtamori

Would it, though? If you didn't declare a hack through a Repeater (which at least with how skills are declared in CodeOne, you'd have to specify), Hacking Area through Repeaters won't be relevant. I don't see how Holo1 would make it relevant, either, as either the Holo1 declared a skill (and presumably broke Holo1 state) or they are subject to Alert as if they're a passive model. The one thing that I think is a brewing issue is the criteria for Alert which should be "The Trooper has been the target of an attack or is inside the Zone of Control of an ally who has been attacked" because that limits the number of ZoCs you measure to those actually attacked rather than everyone.

9. inane.imp

The obligation to reveal whether the actual trooper is Hackable when inside Hacking Area is a passive effect.

10. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Not sure if serious...

11. Mahtamori

Oh yeah, that one... we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully that one will go away, I don't think it's an unfair advantage for Holo to masquerade hackable traits, but there are some small mechanical concerns that would need ironing out

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation