1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classified Objective completion timing in countermeasures

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Erbent, May 8, 2021.

1. Erbent

Erbent Well-Known Member

Question is: if the Predator card is placed in a Current Mission Objectives pool, do players count all of the enemy models that were killed by CC Attacks from the friendly troopers over the course of the game? (Example: during turn 1 player A had 2 enemy models killed with CC Attacks, and Player B had 3 enemy models killed with CC attacks, then at the start of Player A's turn 2 the Predator card is drawn into a Current Mission Objectives pool, would the players be able to score the points for the Predator card at the end of Player A's turn?)

Bonus question: Is there anything preventing players from scoring Bonus Points from classified objectives in countermeasures?

And now here's my rambling about all the classifieds that I had to write before I could actually come up with a more condensed questions, just for the context of my thought process and understanding of this rules question:

I've got a few questions after playing some games of countermeasures, and just wanted to double-check how things work. 1) and 2) is just me describing how I think most classifieds work in this mission and I'm pretty sure I understand that correctly. with 3) and 3.5) I have some doubts, but not really, with 4) I'm not sure if I understood correctly and it'd be great if a native English speaker could explain what the timing of Predator classified objective is If I misunderstood how it works.

1) Out of 20 classifieds, 14+1* of the cards require to succeed at a Short Skill, so that seems to be pretty clear - the objective is accomplished as soon as an active player meets the requirements of a classified objective card that exists in a Current Mission Objectives pool at the moment of succeeding at that Short Skill. (*HVT:Designation does not require a Short Skill, but since there is no way to target an HVT with FO/Spotlight as an ARO this card is functionally the same as all the others in this category)

2) Then we have Telemetry, which requires "To succeed at an Attack against an enemy trooper using (FO/Spotlight)". This one can be accomplished by both players simultaneously, with a Reactive player using FO/Spotlight against an active model in a Fireteam/Coordinated Order that does not force a face to face roll while the reactive model is targeted with a FO/Spotlight form a Team Leader/a model in a coordinated order that is not the target of the reactive model's ARO. So far everything seems clear.

3) Now for the "At the end of the game" cads, of which there are four: Rescue, Capture, HVT:Kidnapping, Predator. In this mission for all 4 cards applies " "At the end of the game" can be accomplished at the end of any Player turn" " So we have 4 cards that check for completion of an objective at a specific point in time, and all of those seem to be possible to complete for both players at the same time. For Rescue and HVT:kidnapping, a trooper is required to be in a Casevac/CivEvac state at the moment in time in which the completion criteria for the classified objective is checked, and Capture works in much the same way, a trooper meeting the specific criteria needs to be in btb with an enemy trooper in a Null state.

3.5) As I understand - these 3 cards can be achieved sort of in advance, for example on a Player A's turn that player's trooper gets in a CivEvac state with an enemy HVT, just in case that at the end of the Player B's turn the HVT:Kidnapping card would be flipped into a current mission objective pool, and if it happens to be so, then at the end of player B's turn player A would be able to score that objective if the conditions are met at the end of player B's turn.

4)Now for the part when I start to actually ask questions instead of explaining my understanding of the rules:
    - "At the end of the game the player must have killed at least two enemy troopers in Close Combat." emphasis mine. As I understand it, "have killed" means "an action taken and completed in the past". Based on this it seems to me that In countermeasures, over the course of a game a player needs to keep track of how many enemy models are killed with friendly trooper's CC attacks, and at the end of any player's turn in which the Predator card was in a Current Mission Objectives pool both players check if over the course of the game they achieved the Predator objective, then one/both players are considered to have achieved this objective depending on if the players met the criteria.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation