1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civevac rewritten

Discussion in 'ITS' started by QueensGambit, Sep 22, 2022.

1. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

In the nature of a changelog:

Looks like Civevac has been rewritten:
    - The skill is now called "Civevac" instead of "Synchronize Civilian". The state is still Civevac.
    - The HVT doesn't follow a movement path, it just teleports to remain in sil contact with its handler whenever the handler moves.
    - Failing an attempt doesn't make the HVT hostile.
    - Anyone can Civevac two HVTs
    - Can't civevac while in a fireteam (I can't remember for sure whether this is a change)

Methuselah, Jumara and burlesford like this.
  2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

This one was already there before

Lady Numiria and anubis like this.
  3. QueensGambit

Oh and also, Civevac is now a short movement skill!

(Maybe it always was and I missed it? Anyway, it makes it quite a bit more useful).

4. Iskandar

Iskandar Well-Known Member

Always was
    upload_2022-9-22_14-3-48.png

QueensGambit likes this.
  5. QueensGambit

If I'm reading it right, another consequence of the change is that HVTs can never go prone. Under the old rule, you would Move them so presumably could go prone the same way anything else can when it Moves. Now, they just teleport around and there's no rule that would allow them to go prone that I can see.

Also, not sure whether this is a change, but it looks like you can't Civevac a Designated Target. "In some scenarios, the enemy HVTs are considered enemy Troopers instead of Neutral Civilians, so they can be targeted by Attacks." So it looks like DTs are Troopers, not Civilians, and Civevac only works on Civilians.

(I can imagine an argument that you can even spend orders on a DT, since it's a Trooper, though I doubt that's intended.)

6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The scenarios in which HVTs are considered enemy Troopers it is the opponent's HVT that is considered an enemy Trooper. Your own HVT will still be a neutral civilian for your troopers.

It is possible that we should consider them a neutral trooper but there's a bit of a lack of info on the matter and the default state of a HVT is neutral civilian

Robock likes this.
  7. QueensGambit

You could be right. If so, then I guess you can civevac your own designated target and run to your backline with it? And as you go, your opponent can't ARO against the DT because it doesn't Move, it just gets teleport-carried by the civevacing unit.

In previous seasons, I think you could civevac the DT but the opponent could shoot at it as you moved it back.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation