1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chasing Dragon and other D&D stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Koin-Koin, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

If Marduk the Tyrant is totally not Tiamat the Mother of all Dragons, it is a hell of a kit as I had to paint it full assembled for zenithal hilight (white ink over black primer is doing wonders) then paint it unassembled for each head.
    On the other end, the painting process was really fun and the result is quite rewarding.
    The only drawback is: gluing part once painted prevent me to do a nice filling as I did on the previous kits.

Enough talk. Behold Marduk the Tyrant
    Lame tries at promo pics mimic.

IMG_2811.JPG
    IMG_2812.JPG

IMG_2813.JPG
    IMG_2819.JPG IMG_2818.JPG IMG_2817.JPG IMG_2816.JPG IMG_2815.JPG IMG_2814.JPG

jherazob likes this.
  2. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

@Koin-Koin not sure if it's already in here, but I just found out you can buy some of those 3d print figures on Etsy if you can't do yourself. They are also licensed. So no worries about it. There's so many awesome figures I want but I don't have a printer and my friends can't do them. Great if you just want one figure. To me a 3d printer is cool but even if I had one I'd probably just buy the figure since it's only a bit more than the resin/filament.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  3. Koin-Koin

I have no licence issue but I'm pretty sure Archon Studio have just ensured that they won't have either :joy:

Beside I'm not sure I need you to enforce weakness with new sources of addiction :sweat_smile:

Space Ranger likes this.
  4. Koin-Koin

Long time no paint (I mean no paint at all since this Marduk)
    I already had the Dragon of Schmargonrog assembled and primed 10 month ago but I had to get Origon the Denouncer to be ready as a gift right for the start of new year so I did two dragons at once.

Here comes Dragon of Schmargonrog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Followed by Origon the Denouncer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I forgot to mentioned that I finally found the last official DnD Young Dragon that I missed the Bronze one which arrived with a little friend called a Beholder.

Also, what happens when you should meet a friend at FLGS before going to the cinema because he needs some sleeves but arrived 30 minutes late ?

Answer: I end buying all the remaining Arkon's dragons :
    - Freyr the stormbreaker
    - Thall the Defiller
    - Draculus the Cunning
    - Ghost Dragon

jherazob likes this.
  5. Koin-Koin

Finally worked on the (in)famous Red Dragon

I see so many defaults but also I'm really happy with the global result. For once I like it better in reality than in pictures.
    For this one I did get inspiration from the Den of Imagination's tutorial and Angel Giraldez's timelapse.
    I took all of this and kind apply it my way by using mostly inks over black and withe preshading.
    Not everything shows up o the pic as the purple shading but it really makes a difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

jherazob likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation