1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes I would personally make to N4

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Hachiman Taro, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I quoted the second paragraph, and it honestly sounds like your complaint about them from using them was the order inefficiency from needing to maneuver combat ineffective units into close proximity of your desired targets.

EDIT: Oh, the other post. Yes, guilty as charged I missed that.

I used it with Sun Tze.

2. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Another thing;

Martial Arts should be +1 Damage per level (in addition to whatever other effects), purely to make it easy to remember.

Also: Doctoring shouldn't kill on a failure (just wastes the order), but medikit still should.

3. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Big ones for me, that have not already been mentioned;

• Coordinated orders should allow synchronized models in some fashion, perhaps having each synch take up another of the four 'slots' in the order
    • Mimetism is a powerful and uninteresting skill that is only countered by gear checks. If mimetism was conditional then it could be negated by in game play which should be the ideal outcome for every skill and piece of equipment in the game. Two ideas I've had for that are that mimetism applies only beyond a certain distance, or that mimetism only applies if in cover. Now I can fight that mimetism guy by positioning myself correctly instead of hoping I have a template or visor etc.
    • Discover should get a +6 range up to 8". Camouflage is a very powerful skill and countered again by gear checks or by a coin flip. If you get close to a camo marker, you should be able to reveal it and get the job done.
    • D Charges as a melee weapon are silly and largely invalidate other types of CCW for a lower cost. If they could only be used as a CC weapon against TAGs they would make more sense and fulfil one of the major roles for this type of equipment.

4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Coordinated working with up to 4 models instead of 4 troopers is would be ok I think.

And D charges in melee only vs STR makes some sense too.

Not sure about the camo / mimetism ones (have to test) but I think you're right that it's powerful and therefore less limited counters wouldn't be bad.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation