1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Celestial Guard with Kuang Shi Control Device

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Spooky, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Spooky

Spooky Active Member

Hi friends,

Relatively new Yu Jing player here, are we getting a new model for the CG with the control device soon? Should I just proxy the model or is it worth hunting down the old CG box. Definitely picking up the new KS box soon.

Cheers!

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

A box of Celestial Guard is in high demand by players and has been proposed for late 2018 by @Bostria at LVO and digitally at Cancon, but it is not a certainty. This box will include a controller, although I personally hope it is modeled holding that sweet Combi rifle +LGL design from the dossier. Beyond that, expect any three of a MULTI Sniper Rifle, Spitfire and Boarding shotgun and hacker (Fingers crossed for that BSG, MSR and hacker though, if you want a spitfire in the link it's worth forking over extra for the starter box Crane with Spitfire).

TanakoSkyler22 likes this.
  3. TanakoSkyler22

TanakoSkyler22 Varunan Diplomat

Outside what @the huanglong has stated, you can use the pistol Celestial Guard as your proxy for now or convert her to have said Kuang Shi control device.

4. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure a way to convert the pistol CG from the sectorial box into some kind of hand held grenade launcher.

Something like this

[​IMG]

5. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

I usually use the pistol celestial guard for the Kuang Shi Control Device, but a Celestial Guard Box sure would be nice.....here's hoping it's not such a sausage festival as the Zanshi box was....

6. the huanglong

I'd say that's the least of the Zhanshi box's many problems

Aldo, Pierzasty and Dragonstriker like this.
  7. Yasashii Fuyu

Not to me :-P I found them so hunky and ugly, I didn't even consider buying them *lol* so whatever other problems the box has, I'll never find out...

8. the huanglong

Two models are ogres, the CR on the hacker is larger than the HMG on the HMG guy. The sniper is another left handed sniper, who could fit the entire Guilang sniper inside his giant rifle. Also the strap on the hackers CR is mounted in front of his rifle's optics.

Also it is 4 profiles no one who knows what they are doing has ever used. Linkable Zhanshis when?

9. Podmeister

Podmeister New Member

When? most likely this year as a core fire team in IA.

mittenninja likes this.
  10. Triumph

Literally April.

11. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

I'm currently using my Zhanshi swc box as CG until the new CG box comes out (HMG as Spitfire, sniper and hacker as the same).

krossaks likes this.
  12. Yasashii Fuyu

I highly doubt that, unless Corvus Belli have completely thrown their release practices out of the window and are now releasing both JSA AND Invincible Army in the same month O.o

krossaks and the huanglong like this.
  13. Triumph

That post was made prior to the JSA leaks.

14. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The current announcement format, Warcor pack notwithstanding, has the same format as an Operation: Adjective Noun. This release is very unusual in general, so I wouldn't throw anything out the window.

15. Yasashii Fuyu

Hmmm you find it that unusual? Odd storyline that goes along with it aside, it looks quite similar than recent releases I'd say...teaser images with some fancy texts, a BoW Week most likely incoming soon.....according to the leak it's basically an Army pack like the USAriadna one...the only odd thing are the rumours of JSA splitting off from Yu Jing, but so far they are just that, nothing but rumours, all we have is a "A rebellion started"

For all we know it could be a rebellion of JSA Extremists, and the JSA Starterpack is JSA's own responce force to it, which would make even more sense with the "section 9" units in it and whatnot :-P....damn...I actually like that idea...let's hope that one is true :-P

16. Mahtamori

Sorry, it's a casualty of trying to edit some clarity into a stream of thought reply.

I find the current situation unusual in that it appears to be building up to a Red Veil style release where both parties are at least nominally Yu Jing. We have had a four-man banner, exactly like the Haqq side reveal for Red Veil, with a statement of motive from one side in a two-side conflict. I am fully expecting another JSA silhouette with the Daiyokai adding a "punchline" to the previous protect-and-serve statement and I am also expecting a similar from Yu Jing proper where they go "send in the army, no not that one, the real deal professionals" and we get a bunch of hunky silhouettes in hunkier armour for an IA reveal.

It would make perfect sense if this is also a reveal that JSA is going AWOL which would mean that Operation Kurage Kombat is actually a faction vs faction (NAA vs Yu Jing) like they always are, which leaves the last remaining lose end being that Yu Jing already had an Operation, and fairly recently as well. This would mean that the leak shows the complete Operation Kurage Kombat and the Beyond Kombat and just for shits and giggles I'm going to name the Kuge Delegate the exclusive figurine so that everything starts with a K, and that's when I realize there's an awkward 3-letter abbreviation building up so let's save that with the box being O:KKBK+K [/streamofthought]

Triumph and xagroth like this.
  17. Yasashii Fuyu

Hmmmm now I understand what you mean, you are right, it does look a bit like the last Red Veil in that regard, but as you mentioned....it would be...extremely odd...and considering we've had JSA leaks and announcements already, but only a leaked Artwork for IA...it'd be even more strange to actually end up like that.

Frankly I think it's Corvus Bellis first quirky attempt to put a nice story behind their release, which might make sense in the end, but seems odd halfway through....or they just want to create one hell of a buzz for their release by making it seem like JSA will leave Yu Jing, which they sure managed to I'd say :-P

But then again Carlos DID say that the big "Omg CB what have you done!?" thing would come next...so....hmm....damn, I really should stop thinking about this, it makes me all hyped and afraid at the same time :-P

18. Mahtamori

I, on the other hand, have no such self-control.

JSA confirmed this year's big Nomad release delaying Tunguska, Nomads gain land-facility access on Japanese islands on Earth. (Then CA assault Earth, of course, during BoW campaign and Nomad players do their Thing and manage to end campaign controlling Australia and Beijing while CA ends campaign barely hanging on to a foothold in the American wastes)

Warhydra likes this.
  19. Stormygeddon

Stormygeddon Well-Known Member

If OP hasn't heard already, a video from Rumble on Route 66 confirmed that the CG SWC box is for some time after "summer" with a Q&A.

#19 Stormygeddon, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  20. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Why not just call it Operation: Kurage Kombat Klusterfuck so we have Operation KKK, which would be a nice* and fashionable** reference to dirty real-world history?

* (sarcasm)
    ** (apparently)

Mahtamori and Aldo like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation