1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB, why are Spiral Players forced to play Tohaa?

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Pflaumenmus, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Why would that make you use the Traktor model though? Just use a PanO or YuJing bot with a similar base and silhouette.

Abrilete likes this.
  2. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

We got a response on why diggers were removed from Hellois:

"The reason, they was removed to avoid an unwanted interaction, which would force a modification of rules. Instead of tinkering with rules and making them unnecessarily more complicated or distorting the profile, it is preferable to eliminate it, especially considering that we are talking about a product that has not yet been released."

Pretty cool to hear the reason, and I applaud the transparency tbh. So to me, tjat looks like diggers need to be removed from Tohaa too, as that unwanted interaction has to be mates on diggers, right?

El tito Zylito and csjarrat like this.
  3. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

A simple line on the notes section of army stating "this model is ineligible for symbiobombs/symbiomates" would also have fixed the problem

4. Jayward

Jayward Well-Known Member

I think this has been confirmed as the unwanted interaction now:
    Which does imply that they should go from Tohaa too

5. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

and should go from other armies., cause this profiles was seasonal profiles. ^^

Stiopa, Jumara, Cthulhu363 and 6 others like this.
  6. Jayward

Jayward Well-Known Member

Wait, the Digger was a Seasonal option? I know the Motorized Bounty Hunters were, and they have gone, but it looks like most factions still have both the previous Digger profiles.

7. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

we are working on it, When Gutier ends the armylist update, we will keep them where they really have to be and remove from the others armies. They were an extra due the Tag Raid KS.

8. Angry Clown

Angry Clown Well-Known Member

so we can assume that we will loose Beasmaster,digger and tag profiles later. I am ok with that.

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I know a lot of people are leaning quite hard on some of these Tag Raid profiles. Is it possible you could make a somewhat more official article or post on access guide on which factions can expect to lose these profiles?

Jumara, toadchild, burlesford and 5 others like this.
  10. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Oh right, that's not been well communicated at all. There'll be some consternation when people find out their hard-converted tags get yanked off their army list

burlesford likes this.
  11. Amusedbymuse

Amusedbymuse Well-Known Member

Im assuming that factions that have their exclusive loadouts for beasthunters will keep them. And the 5 factions have their themed units in TAG Raid should be the ones to keep them. Unless TAG Raids marketing as being playable in Infinity is a scam.

burlesford likes this.
  12. Time Bandit

Time Bandit Vulnerability (Total)

Pretty great news, to my ears. Thanks for the transparency, appreciated!

burlesford likes this.
  13. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

That's good news! I hope certain aquatic freedom fighters will settle in their retirement bow... homes too :wink:

14. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Complains about diggers: oh boy just build another list, try other profiles

15. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i wasn't much interested in tag raid profile into N4, but i recently started using beasthunter lft+panzer a lot in my list as I already had a perfect proxy for it (tomcat lft+dep). average success, not critical to my list. I don't mind losing it as my tomcat was always meant as a flexible proxy in my case.

But i sympathize with any player who thought TAG Raid units were permanent additions to their N4 faction (just like other CB games had permanent additions in N4) and made efforts to convert units. It is not the same for any player that went and bought a bike knowing MBH were a temporary bonus.

csjarrat likes this.
  16. DustGod

DustGod Well-Known Member

My Spiral Corps is Shelved indefinitely...
    I don't even want to play them anymore...
    The rules are in an Annex, Tricore is really weak now... It's a shame too... When I bought them I had High Hopes... I did have fun with them too... But that Tri Core Nerf really took the steam out of them...
    Honestly they were already not that powerful to knock them down even more makes them almost unplayable...
    Fin

csjarrat likes this.
  17. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Ooof. I converted Tohaa versions of all three TAGRaid profiles. The Beasthunter and Digger i can use to proxy other profiles, but that Triphammer...that one is going to sting.

18. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

But the Tag Raid wasn't even delivered yet. How is it fair to put KS related profiles for nonexistent miniatures into the game and remove them before anyone who purchased these via KS has a chance to even play them for a single season?
    :joy::joy::joy::ok_hand::tada:

19. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i hope/think they'll come back for a seasonal bonus after TAG Raid gets delivered. With special missions, and special haris, as an Event Pack.

20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Could you ask Gutier if he wants to do that with all the Mercs? Would improve the game greatly imo. Introduce them to a lot of armies for one season if you must (maybe not all Vanilla armies by default, they hardly need more bloat), then take them out from most of them and only keep them where they make sense and add something meaningful to the sectorial. Ideally, communicate those moves at the start of the season, so people know what they're getting into.

The Libertos is a great example. Keep it in a few sectorials (or add them to all the NA2 ones, not just Dahshat, since he's a Merc), but take it from Vanilla, where there are enough good profiles to chose from.

Same goes for, to name a few examples:
    • Aida Swanson
    • Cube Jaegers (maybe also buff them)
    • Fiddler
    • Knauf
    • Krakot Renegades
    • Miranda Ashcroft
    • Monstruckers
    • Motorized Bounty Hunters
    • Wild Bill
    • Armand LeMuet

Barsik, Stiopa, Jumara and 4 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation