1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB just deleted FOUR of my armies

Discussion in 'News' started by Time Bandit, Oct 14, 2024 at 1:16 PM.

1. Child9

Child9 Well-Known Member

Ah, yours seems to work! :)

Bignoob likes this.
  2. Romiras

Romiras Active Member

One more comment — I don’t own any of the armies planned for cancelation (though I have like 7 with full miniature range bought and painted ). The problem is my friend (who originally got me into the game) does. He’s very pissed that huge part of his collection (pretty expensive btw) will become obsolete and considers leaving the game which is serious for me. And I know there are a lot of passionate Infinity players in similar situation out there. So I really hope CB will have an option to play with OOP armies and not just cancel them outright.

Child9, Abrilete and Big Nest like this.
  3. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Would an official Proxy chart for anything that doesn't directly translate to N5 be enough?

Brokenwolf likes this.
  4. Romiras

Romiras Active Member

My friend is a somewhat WYSIWG obsessed, so I'm not really sure. But I believe even that would be better than nothing.

I never thought I'd ever say that but at the moment the situation is such that even GW does a better job of handling discontinued armies than CB. Which is crazy.

5. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Not for me atleast. As someone earlier described better then me: proxy should be an option not a must. Faction identity and my connection to my painted armies are too imortant for my enjoyment.

micropoint likes this.
  6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

I think that the easiest solution would be to keep the legacy armies somehow available and playable through a toggle in the Army to either activate or deactivate N5. CB would just need to modify the Army app to add the toggle and to double the size of the database to have different tables fot either N4 or N5. Then, the players with non-supported armies could still play and build lists, but just not participate in N5 ITS tournaments.

It would still suck, but not so much.

Romiras likes this.
  7. Big Nest

Big Nest Member

I have been playing Infinity for over 7 years. I have bought a lot of miniatures. But what is happening now is a disaster. 7 sectorials are leaving. France, Scotland, Neoterra, Acontecimento, Foreign Company, Starko. Vanilla Pano becomes unplayable without the new Kestrel set. I only have Nomads and vanilla Ariadna left. Most of the collection going to the trash. Does KB really think that I will pay a cent even once more? Can you imagine how much it costs to buy and paint 7 armies? When the new set was announced, I put money aside for a pre-order. To expand the Pano collection and finally start playing as Japan. I wanted to buy the full version, with Korsan, to give it to a friend who plays Haqqislam. This will not happen. You should not do such things to long-term loyal and paying customers.

micropoint, Kaek and Romiras like this.
  8. hortanium

hortanium Major Thomas Williams, USAriadna Marine Corps

That would help, but far better would be to at least leave things with their n4 profiles without edits, much like how they've treated OOP sectorials for n4. FRRM would be particularly simple as only two profiles aren't actually in n5, metros and zouaves. Could even just leave them with their current fireteams, or use the reinforcement ones.

9. micropoint

micropoint Member

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but what would official proxy chart even do? You can proxy already if you want to, makes no whatsoever differerence if there is an official chart or no.

Cthulhu363 likes this.
  10. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Your situation is not as dire, take a moment to look again the charts and the situation.

Generic armies are now in all regards a 'sectorial', since they have access to duos and haris now. And new fireteam rules locate all the power in the duo and haris. Not counting the generous proxy rules for Infinity, as there is none WYSISWYG in this game. This allow things like @burlesford wonderful o-12 Army using miniatures from all across the range, you have the following:

• MRRF exists in its full inside the Vanilla Ariadna chart. You're missing only metros and zuaves, and there are plenty of other profiles that absolutely can be fielded with a metro or zuave miniature that suits them rules wise.
    • Neoterra exits in its full inside the Vanilla Panoceania chart. Key pieces you're 'missing' are the hexa, how is now splitted into blinks, fireflies and scarecrow. And auxilias have upgraded into Drummers. So if you field your auxilia as Drummers, and your Hexas as either Blinks, fireflies or scarecrows you're absolutely good to go.
    • Varuna is in the same situation as Neoterra. Your Echo-bravo model is now a Banshee profile, wildparrot included. Depending of what Kamau profile you were inteding to use, and chances are it is the MSV2 profile, you have a Nisse or Black AIR profile that suits your model.
    • Acontecimiento has been remade and reborn into Kestrel to be honest. Fennecs are Acon's Regulars, Bagh-Maris are Black AIRs, Akalis are Banshees, ORCs are now Griffins... and so on. Your montesa Knight that once started being foot-slogged and then upgraded into a motorbike in N4, is now riding a jetbike in the form of a RedEye.
    • ForCO and StarCO has been told several times it is going to be integrated inside their natural sectorial, like StarCO inside corregidor?
    • Vanilla Pano is absolutely possible to be played without touching a single profile of Kestrel.
    I have to admit I can not provide an easy answer to Caledonia. And I agree that it would be amazing that they can reach a situation akin to MRRF in which you can easily play a Caledonia army using just the Generic Ariadna chart.

#150 Rabble, Oct 16, 2024 at 6:13 PM
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 6:18 PM
    Brokenwolf and TenNoBushi like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation