1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB has to make a new Cutter right...?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Ghost_X, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I still think the Cutter is a nice looking sculpt. Then I look at the Szalamandra and the Stingray series (Tik & Uhlan). I can only imagine how awesome the new Cutter would look alongside the Varuna starter with a couple Helot militia down the road.

They just have to make it...don't they?

semper_fidelis likes this.
  2. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I'm definitely holding out for it.

I totally understand everyone's nostalgic attachment to it, and it's undeniably a great model... But come on, these new digital sculpts are absolutely amazing. An awesome TAG like the Cutter deserves an N3 standard sculpt.

Until then, I have no shame proxy-ing my Squalo as that TO powerhouse.

3. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Im waiting to see what a new one looks like before I decide if I want to buy the old one or the new one

Stiopa likes this.
  4. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

The Cutter is still the number one best looking TAG in my book. Yeah the new 3D sculpted ones are crisper and have pointer edges but the Cutter just gets the Appleseed mech look for PanO down perfectly.

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

And the pose on the old one is simply spot on.

6. daboarder

Warcor

can you all stop, you're going to make me go out an buy one, especially as I have a spare bootleg with the HMG upraised arm waiting to go on it.

Stahp already

7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

It's got that "haters gonna hate" stroll goin' on.

Still sticks around - people like it, because of the way it looks, it's iconic for the faction. If it wasn't for that model, I'd not have started this game.
    I honestly cannot say that for ANY other TAG including the newer resculpts.

8. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I'm happy with the old Cutter, but I can always buy a new TAG.

9. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

if the recently updated TAGs are any indicator how good a new Cutter is turning out I'd expect great things.
    Maybe even the Raicho treatment to get a secondary loadout for it. TO Camo + Multi HMG is nice and all that, but still awfully bland for over 110 points.
    He kind of always was a direct upscale from the Swiss HMG and I'd be a happy taker for any small change that takes him further away from that.
    The addition of the Crabbot was already a good step in that direction.

10. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

With the exception of the Jotum, none of the other PanO TAGs come close to capturing the same sort of dynamism that the Cutter's pose conveys; the Jotum looks more "spinning shield into place while being shot" than "powersliding round a corner while swinging HMG to bear on target". The Squalo especially is about as static a pose as you could design, my least favourite TAG by far.
    So, I hope any redesign captures the intimidating, dynamic nature of the existing model, otherwise, best to leave it well alone.

Section9, Commoner1 and Stiopa like this.
  11. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

HFT for ninja hunting? Surprise shot HFT? Sensor?

Anyone noticed how ridiculous our TAG WIPs are?

12. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

N2 Cutter used to have a HFT, N3 took it away.
    Kinda okay with him having a weakness against CC/losing the HFT because it is a thematic problem with his aquatic nature (even though a HFT that works in those conditions are no technological problem, electric ignition + any fuel and you're good to go).
    You could argue human tech has problems with Flamethrowers and TO on the same chassis so it would be olay for the Sphinx, but that would retcon the N2 Cutter.

Nanopulser/Pulsar are easy solutions and as much as I'd like those from a gaming point of view, something else would be more interesting.

chromedog likes this.
  13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

I think it was HSN3 not N3, as I started infinty just post N3 and remember the Cutter losing HFT.

14. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

I'm shocked that you don't already own one if we're being honest.

I thought you were the TAG guy? :O I bought my own Cutter because of you!

15. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

I also remember it as N3 change. maybe you remember it because the old players talked about it.

I think Cutter lost the HFT to make the TAGs more distinct. I don't really like this change, as I think TAGs are the most fun platforms for HFT. Also TAGs suck anyway against dedicated CC troops, so HFT is a good way to give some protection in the sense that each 8 pts warband has only one go at my 100pts TAG. An Oniwaban will slice you up anyway.

#15 Zsolt, Aug 6, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    chromedog likes this.
  16. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

And so having a weakness makes perfect sense. Not to mention Cutter can hide under marker.

17. daboarder

Warcor

Haha i am but varuna didnt tickle me as much until we started learning more about em.

Ive got the jotum squalo uhlan eduardo tikbalang and 2 oldschool squalos that were tik/uhlan proxies.

Never got a cutter though. But its on my list

chromedog and Superfluid like this.
  18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Well said!

I think it was actually the original Squalo that got me into the game. Or rather, the WIP sculpt pics of the original Squalo... The Cutter is a close second, and has a whole lot of menace packed into that sculpt.

19. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

Not all sculpts has to be dynamic. There are really bad examples on those. Like the HMG and Hacker Nisse waving stuff around like they don't care. Or powerfist everywhere. Or tactical rocks everywhere. Or waving pistols around while you have a Spitfire or Missile Launcher for no reason. Or waving a pistol and a Spitfire because who can't shoot straight with a light machine gun while your other hand is occupied. Or pointing swords and knives, so they can break off easily while you also can't transport them.

Mirodasc likes this.
  20. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

The existing Cutter has the old HMG design, which I'm a fan of. But a new sculpt, with a new HMG, would look stunning alongside the HMG Kamau. A 5-man fireteam of Kamau maneuvering in tandem with the Cutter would look stunning. I'm tempted to buy a new one and paint its armor black, just to match the wetsuits of the Kamau.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation