1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB Archive: Infinity conversion tutorial: Riding the symbiobeast

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Wizzy, Oct 15, 2022.

1. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Indexation and fastranslation of the tutorial article from Corvus Belli that was lost during their site transfer.
    #MakeTohaaGreatAgain :smile:

Infinity Conversion Guide: Tohaa riding the SymbioBeast

[​IMG]
    Autor ?

Greetings Infiniteers, I bring you a Tohaa conversion that I found quite fun to use and make.

As I always say, the first thing is to have a clear idea of what you are going to do, even if unforeseen problems will arise while working on it.

In this case, it's a very simple conversion, because the two figures fit each other perfectly and we don't have to readjust them too much.

I started as always by preparing the miniatures (filing the mould lines, etc.).

[​IMG]

Tools

[​IMG]

- Files
    - Modeling saw
    - Craft knife (or "cutter" if you prefer)
    - Pliers
    - Super glue
    - Hand drill
    - A piece of wire
    - Greenstuff
    - Silicone brushes
    - Needle

As the main miniature is the SYMBIOBEAST (ref. 563), and I don't intend to modify it at all, I decide to assemble it first.

Once this is done, I prepare the Sakiel (ref. 378). The first step is to remove the metal rod from the legs. Then I start working on the gun arm and cut the rifle off, but I leave part of the rifle handle, which will make the conversion easier later on.

[​IMG]

After that, I finish filing the rest of the parts and start assembling the miniature. On the arm from which I cut the rifle, I use the handle to represent a joystick, and I pin the arm to the body, so that I can have a little margin to put it in place in relation to the symbiobeast.

[​IMG]

And now the modelling work begins.

The first step is to prepare the two-component greenstuff. Using some silicone brushes, a craft knife (some of you may call it a cutter), a needle and a little water - to prevent the greenstuff from sticking to the tools - I start sculpting the frame's saddle.

I start by adding a rectangle of greenstuff to the SymbioBeast to imitate a fabric. Then I model a kind of saddle with a rectangle that will form the back support of the saddle, and place it on the greenstuff fabric.

[​IMG]

To finalize the SymbioBeast, I model the reins and some rings with greenstuff threads (not visible on this picture, but a little more visible on the following ones without being much).

To mount the Sakiel on this monstrous creature, I shank the back of the Sakiel and attach it to the saddle, using fresh greenstuff to position it easily. Once in position, I place the arm that holds the Joystick, and adjust it to the SymbioBeast's rider pose.

[​IMG]

As final steps in the conversion, I just wanted to rework Sakiel's shoulder a little bit, because when placing the arm I had some gaps. And finally, I'm using greenstuff to sculpt the straps that will make the stirrups on the saddle.

[​IMG]

And now it's ready for the paint table!​

2. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember seeing it painted?

3. lazovchik

lazovchik Member

No, so if you can share a photo of it painted it would be great!
    Dude your conversions are great!

Wizzy likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation