1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB added a "Page 5" statement

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by DFW Ike, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

Yes, THIS information as for Line of Fire. Which is defined as line between two models/markers or moden and marker. What is gotcha about it?
    I feel like we try to put quoted sentence out of contecst of whole rule. Dunno.

2. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Pretty much...

3. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

Oh, no I misspoke. I agree it is NOT gotcha :)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Not really. I've seen "that guy" enter a tournament and the TO allow it because they didn't want to create drama. Got to the top table, at which point one of my friends refused to play him, and conceded instead. Now this was for another system, but nothing prevents it happening in Infinity.

Fire@Will likes this.
  5. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I get what your saying, but I kinda disagree. We prevent that from happening in infinity. Don't play "that guy". If a TO allows it to avoid drama, then We have to create the drama. Infinity is a community game, shape it the way you want it. And if the community rejects your ideals, find or create a new community. I know, easier said than done. A community is built upon the common base of a games ruleset, so you need a strong ruleset to support a strong community, but We are the final arbiters of that community's health.

Ok I will get off my soapbox now. 2-year-old kept me up all night, so I may be a tad grumpy today.

#65 Pen-dragon, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Superfluid and DarkBlack like this.
  6. Titus

Titus Varuna Beach Commando

Good Lord, no! I wasn't remotely trying to initiate a new intended/as written rules debate or pie slicing or nothing similar.

I just pointed out the etiquette as what I understand is a general attitude towards playing Infinity and sportsmanship in general.

Wolf and Alkasyn like this.
  7. Fire@Will

Fire@Will Well-Known Member

Well, quite. Would that player be invited back? And, would you welcome them into your gaming group?

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

*shakes fist* bloody outsiders, coming here and getting trained!

Wolf, Superfluid and Flipswitch like this.
  9. Mruczyslaw

Mruczyslaw AROnaut

So much tension in some communities lol xD

10. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Sure, and you can somewhat do that in your own local play group, but it's not so good when dude shows up from out of town. So tournaments are usually the place you run into that guy, or when you're first starting. And sometimes people are going to have varying opinions about who "that guy" is, and trying to get him kicked out of a tournament is going to create a lot of drama. Further most people try to avoid confrontation, in this case the TO was attempting to just be friends with everybody and it wasn't working so well. Finally in this case "that guy's" big problem was subtlying mis-informing newbies about the rules, or otherwise cheating. So he had been teaching people how to play wrong for a long time in one meta. And people who weren't paying very close attention thought he was fine.

I understand what you're trying to say, but honestly I think you've got a simple idea of how complex social interactions can get at the local gaming store.

Pen-dragon likes this.
  11. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

huh?

It's just a game. If a guy shows up to a store to play in a tournament, pays his entrance fee, what exactly are you going to do in your attempt at "drama"?

12. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

If you keep saying that shit it's going to get pointed out that what you're saying has no basis in the rules, but the mods asked us not to discuss that.

theradrussian likes this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Assuming that there are a bunch of you who know how the guy plays (or how he cheats, or how he sucks all the fun out of playing him, whichever), say "If That Guy(tm) is playing, we all want our money back."

14. A Mão Esquerda

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. Hecaton

I don't know why you're laughing; you take my posts the most seriously out of anyone on the forums. If I said the sky was blue you'd type until your fingers cramped up claiming it was orange even though you know damn well it's blue.

AngryPanda likes this.
  16. A Mão Esquerda

Or not, considering that's what it actually is, and that for once you'd be stating something demonstrably true, rather than your usual...

DFW Ike likes this.
  17. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Its called setting social norms. Too many people try to avoid that by hiding behind "rules". But people can have discussions about whats reasonable and whats expected as a community.

I think infinity does that well because the community forms around leaders of the ideal everyone wants to follow and generally backs said leaders up when they need to have the hard conversations with people trying (to quote many a infinity group rule) "be a dick"

18. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

Suggest you watch the interplanetario final. Its not intent to the extent some people call it. But its certainly not what you advocate as been in the rules.

19. A Mão Esquerda

Which is neither here nor there. As has been noted many a time, what the rules say and the way it's allowed to be played on the table are two entirely different kettles of fish. Being played incorrectly and let slide is different from being what it actually is. Nonetheless, it's been noted that CB prefers we not dive into this again, so comment as you'd like, I've no more to say on the matter.

Wolf and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  20. Hecaton

And it's a really bad thing (probably the worst thing about Infinity) that they are different.

theradrussian and DFW Ike like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation