1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CB added a "Page 5" statement

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by DFW Ike, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Artichesus

Artichesus Member

What did I just ready??

2. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

An action?

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Not just GW, but even WarmaHordes has some ugly "X cannot beat Y" matchups. Even now.

INYLIY came out during the very first Beasts of War Infinity Week (what was that, 2010?). There were dozens of people posting every day, "Rate my list!" with a list straight off of the BoW video.

Us old geezers got really tired of answering the exact same questions for the exact same lists 20+ times a day. (Where's my :getoffmylawn: emoji?) Think it was @panzerkunst who came up with the saying first, he had a banner made from Shirow's Orion manga where Susano-O was mocking the idiots trying to kill him. @Magno got an animated one made saying, "It's not your list, it's your MOM!" And Panzerkunst was nice enough to make me a JSA-themed one with a field of katanas in the ground.

I kept using it till the end of that forum, and I had that image linked to the big thread talking about how not to lose the game in list design.

inane.imp, loricus, Pierzasty and 3 others like this.
  4. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

I keep hearing people say this, but the truth is it's nothing like GW. Hard counters in Warmahordes are probability skews. You might need to win a lotto levels of lucky, but even those I haven't really seen.

GW hard counters mean (or meant) you cannot win.

5. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Those were the good old days

A Mão Esquerda and Pierzasty like this.
  6. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

The days when 9/10 threads on a front page of a faction sub forum was rate my first list. The good bad old days.

loricus and Leper like this.
  7. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I'd take the old forum over the current one any day. Inevitable crashes during release day and all.

FatherKnowsBest and Flipswitch like this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Self-inflicted DDOS attacks were pretty entertaining!:laughing:

Berjiz, Pierzasty and chromedog like this.
  9. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

And they don't really exist anymore. There's no longer things that can't ever Wound or can't ever Hit.

10. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

Hence the "meant", at the time Warmachine released this was very much the case, and up until 5th edition when I stopped playing, mostly because of "finecast".

11. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

As a testament to my favourite tournament, the Infinity Northern Open that just ran their 15th tourney in Leeds, Uk, I came 32nd out of 36, and had a fantastic day with courteous and generous people. My first game was against the guy that came second and he was super friendly.

You know it's been a good day, with a good game in a friendly atmosphere when you can lose every game and still go home happy.

(Towards my actual performance, my lists were great and i'd spent a lot of time on them, but some of the changes to some missions in ITS10 threw me through a loop, plus I played against two sectorials i'd never played before that came out recently and my 6 month hiatus to have a child has put me out of practice. The day was full of teachable moments, i'm half tempted to make a battle report up. Every game was a laugh, and they were all really close even if the scores don't show it.)

#31 Superfluid, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  12. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

You ended up playing @Solar as well I believe 2nd round, thought I'd seen the name superfluid around somewhere before. I enjoyed NO10 it's the first event where I've got to play rather than run and occasionally be a bye.

Superfluid likes this.
  13. Wolf

Wolf https://youtube.com/@StudioWatchwolf

Apart from painting Terminators for my late Eighties Space Hulk set, I started playing Warhammer proper in the same month that Finecast was released. What timing! Having no prior experience of the game, it had to be explained to me by the regulars that honestly, it was unusual for miniatures to look like Swiss cheese, and to wilt off their own bases under merely moderately bright lights.

The scale of the Failcast debacle is incredible when you consider that Games Workshop were a 50 million dollar company who in Forgeworld, already had a wholly-owned subsidiary with long-standing expertise in short-run resin models. Yet they still managed to orchestrate a global release of resin miniatures that were no better than 'unfit for purpose, and not of merchantable quality'.

As critical as I can be of Corvus Belli, they've never done a Failcast on us!

RogueJello and Abrilete like this.
  14. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

I once went into my local GW and moaned about failcast to the manager there at the time in front of some other guy, specifically brandishing my venomthrope with a nasty lean, a fair few air bubbles and three of the same arm. Turns out the guy was in charge of finecast and had come to discuss why that store had so many returns.

Plex, Hecaton, Wolf and 3 others like this.
  15. Superfluid

Oh ho? The Tunguska Guy was @Solar? That's pretty cool to stumble across forum-ites, I'm so bad with names so I apologize that i've forgotten all of my opponents real names. I wish i'd paid more attention to the ITS names on the attendance sheet now!

That second round was probably the most sweaty, with Joan as a multi tracker running across open ground to try and murderize Mary Problems as an enemy tracker, as a final turn last few orders push to swing the game.

Solar likes this.
  16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

That was a really intense and great game! If Mary had failed one ARM save... Kudos to your Bulleteer too, genuine robot hero.

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Grats man!

Superfluid likes this.
  18. Superfluid

I realised after the fact I probably should have just nanopulsed you in that final turn. Or perhaps on a turn where you repsonded with SMG, should have just move-move to get close enough to chop you in CC. Learning for next time!

Thanks! It's been a whole thing. It put a stop on my slow paint haqq, but it's all worth it. Recently reclaimed our evenings which has allowed me to actually put some models and paint them for that last tournament.

Daniel Darko and Solar like this.
  19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well she has BTS 6 but yes that'd probably be a better idea! Or at least a different one. Really I should have been ARO-ing with Oblivion myself, hits on the same as the SMG and if you fail the BTS then she's isolated and can't claim the zone. But yeah you live and learn!

And congrats as well :)

20. Superfluid

Or even just move-move when you started shooting me with an SMG until I can get her into range to CC you. You were surviving because I was getting baited into FTF rolls. If I'd have taken a few hits from small arms fire in exchange for a good chance to chop mary in half then that would have been a better way to play that out. So many interesting little nuances in that situation right at the end.

Leper, AdmiralJCJF and Solar like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation