1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casual Fun :]

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by sololobo, Dec 7, 2018.

1. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I finally got a game in with my buddy so lets break it down.

ME:
    • Max
    • Mendoza
    • Prism
    • Laxmee

BUDDY:
    • Mutair
    • Bill
    • Massacre
    • Panda

TACTICS: In the future I will add each teams tactical choices.

SCENARIO: Assault

DEPLOYMENT: 3 & 6

ROUND ONE: Max, Prism, and Mendoza hold the center; thus, giving my opponent only two spaces to contest the zone. Those two contenders were Massacre and Panda. Note, Bill failed to damage Max and Mutair was unable to displace Prism out of the zone. Prism had taunted two targets in response. I won the round. Zone 1 was the new scoring zone.

ROUND TWO: Prism attacked Mutair, but failed to cause damage. Mutair tried to kill Prism, but failed to kill her. Panda moved Prism closer via flipping some characters around, but failed to kill her. Max moved base to base with Bill blocking his line of sight since he was next to blocked zone. Bill was unable to move away. Massacre tried to kill Prism, but failed to kill her. Mendoza attacked the Panda causing two wounds issuing him two burn tokens. Laxmee, ran to the objective for a sweeping win. Zone 3 was the new scoring zone.

ROUND THREE: My memory is getting fuzzy. But, from what I can recall. Prism activated taunting more opponents, but Mutair, in response, on his turn, finally killed Prism. Panda failed to damage Mendoza to only erupt into flames killing him. Mendoza brought Prism back from the dead while setting Massacre on fire. Max blocked Bill from moving. I forgot what Massacre did and Laxmee was unable to reach the objective. No one won this round. Zone 6 was the new scoring zone.

ROUND FOUR: Mendoza died due to Massacre who was then revenge killed by Prism. Mutair was unable to break away from Prism nor kill her. Max contested the zone with the Panda and Bill was unable to kill Max with two pistol attacks. And, Laxmee was unable to reach the scoring zone.

ROUND FIVE: We realized even with a full sweep for my buddy, he did not have enough points to contest a win, so we shook hands and laughed.

WHAT DID I LEARN:
    Max, Mendoza, and Prism make a solid tar-pit giving your support/scoring model unlimited breathing room to move about. A solid contender for Laxmee's place is Gata; however, if the opponent is fielding an oppressive state team Laxmee or Parvati will take priority. Speaking of Laxmee, I failed to activate a focus switch off of her d/buff ability. But, on average, I was able to cast one focus and stun or two stun states per d/buff activation. Because of this, I find her "Team Upgrade" and "Team Reset" to be her best tactics since it is so easy to stun the enemy team. But, again, it all comes down to team composition - on both sides.

Next week, I plan to use Max, Mendoza, Valkyrie. I will likely field Taowu over Laxmee since I already field tested Laxmee. Till then, catch you guys later. :)

#1 sololobo, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Sounds like a tight match! I was hooked reading it.

A couple things though:
    >Mendoza brought Prism back from the dead while setting Massacre on fire.
    Sorry, but you can't do this. Once Prysm is fragged she goes to the infirmary and stays there until the end of the round, only then she is moved to the bench and gains the -2:E: state. Mendoza's Hic et Nunc, which I assume is what you used, can only be used with characters already in the bench.

>No one won this round. Zone 6 was the new scoring zone.
    In Assault, you only move the scoring zone once it's been scored. Since nobody won points that round, the scoring zone remains in place.

#2 treiral, Dec 7, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  3. sololobo

Ahhh...then me and my buddy have been playing this critical step of the game wrong. Thank you for pointing this out to me. I was flipping from wiki link to link to link nailing this all down. lol

Yes! I realized that as I was writing up the BatRep! My palm hit my face at that exact moment. lol After I wrote it up I was like, “well maybe no one will catch it.” Hahaha Sniped! But, it’s a good thing. :)

In the future I plan to scribe everything down for a better moment by moment read. Plus, I’ll make it a little less dry and more flavorful. I’ll even add picture pre and post rounds. :)

treiral likes this.
  4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Don't worry about your mistakes. Nobody was born knowing all. Next game will be more amazing, for sure!

:wink:

sololobo likes this.
  5. sololobo

Oh yeah! Once Treiral informed me of our match mistakes I hit up my buddy and were both like, "Ohhhhhh that makes this game way better!" haha Before, we had just used our original deployment zones as our re-entry zones when a character was brought back into the Dome. And, we even did that wront! lol But now, I feel like we are both up to snuff on all the rules to the point I can teach anyone. And, once some of my terrain comes in from Spain I'll try to host a "how to play Aristeia day!" I think we will have like...4 hexdomes to play with. :D

treiral and -V- like this.
  6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

That sounds great!

:wink:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation