1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can we talk about this?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Zewrath, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Why the assumption of ill intent? It was a genuine question because I didn't think Repeaters were so pricey.
    (plus it was answered already)

2. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Still there, in peripheral description
    [​IMG]

loricus and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Missed that, thanks!

4. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Hopefully scylla comes back out with similar properties so I can have TWO token state repeaters.
    Like I said before balanced or not it just doesn't sound like a fun interaction. It would have been a lot worse on the Moran who would have come up EVERY game against Nomads.

5. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

Ummm... is it my imagination or is the Mobile Brigada now 6-2? Seriously, it's okay CB.

6. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

ARM 5, too ;)

Lampyridae likes this.
  7. Lampyridae

Lampyridae Well-Known Member

Yup, glad we kept that ARM5 and the price didn't go up. But it's not as scary as some of the other upgrades handed out. Mimetism -3 to -6 on the Hulang... glad I'm keeping my Intruders around then.

Stiopa likes this.
  8. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

Mobile Brigada is one of the changes I'm most looking forward to, it's the model that sold me on nomads and hopefully now it won't feel like a handicap to include it in lists.

Zewrath likes this.
  9. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

there was no ill intent, not aimed at you specifically, more on a general basis. So sorry if it was read like that (I am not sure how to put it in english). A lot of people (Even I happen to do it sometimes, I cannot remember all rules at once) forgets to think about all implications of an interaction, or sometines we see something and focus too much on one part. Even there are others that never try to look at them (a person I know will never, never read the rulebook).

but once the moran is revealed, that option was no more... Bit can cybermask again (And again), and when Bit goes first in the game, the situation will be the same as with the moran

10. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

IDC I don't play her.

11. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

You do realise this change is a buff to Nomads, right?
    If anything you should be thanking me.

12. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Wait, wait, wait. How is removing unkillable hidden repeater is a buff now?
    "It was my plan all along", riiiight :D

What about bit&kiss? Is she the same level op like moran was since you can use repeater from cybermask?

13. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Lucian that's cute
    1. I like that you’re literally able to identify what made the previous profile broken, yet have adamantly denied it up until this point

2. The previous profiles never lasted more than 0-2 games, so it’s hardly something Nomads lost. However the old 22 point profiles got an insane 5 point drop, while being 1 crazy koala shy of doing what he was always capable of doing before (which was already strong).
      Now, you have even cheaper Zero’s to add to the midfield for camo shell games. All this for 4-5 points cheaper EACH, so yes this is literally a net buff to Nomads

3. I’m thinking you’re using the Bit&Kiss example in ill faith? Surely, you do understand that having a deployment zone repeater, that needs an entire order and prevents the owner from ARO with hacking, unless she also reveal herself and the peripheral, is not actually remotely the same thing?

4. Okay zoomer

14. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Cybermask repeater is essentially the same, yet you adamantly deny it. It's the same core hacking mechanic, you hack through the repeater without canceling marker state.

If only that repeater had like 6-4 move and ability for marker state (even more than one use)... Oh, wait, it does! Just for 2 orders more you can do the same.

I thought the whole big deal was the ability to hack through the hidden repeater itself without revealing it or being able to get hacked back. Bit doesn't have to hack herself, just use repeater without the fear to be hacked through it.
    I just wan't to clarify - the whole idea of being able to hack through repeater without revealing it is okay to you? It's just moran that op, not the mechanic itself?

Spitfire_TheCat likes this.
  15. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

@Lucian you were actually serious

16. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

A 5 point drop is quite the consolation prize. I was not valuing that mechanic at 5 points, so I am happy with the tradeoff. You're right that saying "the Moran had a broken mechanic that was fortunately fixed" is a little lame cuz that mechanic still exists. But if you got a chance to play both I think you would notice that the Moran is a lot better being able to start infiltrated in token state even when you go second. Think of the significance of Minelayer, this is a big difference. Also the ability to take two making it very hard to avoid...
    Personally I'm going to take my pitiful consolation prize of an extra 5-10 points per list from a unit I always took anyways.

17. Armihaul

@Zewrath, yes, morans (not zeros) got cheaper and better, and the interaction went out. That is good in overall

the problem I see, is that seems that for some people the original problem was not "the interaction" but "it is a nomad thing", and your lastest comments are proof of it. For some peopole don't matter if a rule interaction is too over, only matter if it is in nomads. We saw it with full auto2, we saw it with jammer in hecklers, and now with camoed repeaters.

for me, the debate is finished anyway. The moran camoed repeater is no more, we mostly agreed that it was unneded in the game, and now is gone. So why continue this?

18. SpectralOwl

Lucian's crowing really is basically the only reason at this point.

Also, your persecution bias is on display. Like, "Yu Jing subforum regular" on display, you might want to look at that and try to explain where these views are coming from. People were ticked about the Nomads getting the Kriza and its FA2 because a lack of such superunits was a major faction weakness at the time, and Nomads did actually get ahead in ITS rankings during that period until mixed Fireteams ruined it for everyone, so it's a fair cop to say people were annoyed because that one went to Nomads. The N3 Heckler Jammer and temporarily-broken N4 Moran were just coincidentally Nomads, they attracted hate because they had very limited satisfying counterplay. Jammers annoyed everyone in N3, I think the only reason we didn't see the same whining about the Zulu Cobra was that everyone was too busy whining about the Kamau, and everyone did whine about the Tian Gou and Mutts.

19. Armihaul

nomads went a bit up, yes (and FA was nerfed because all complaints too)... because they were a bit worse before, they lacked punch after ITS started to need shotty guys in button-pushing missions, a mid-tier faction got a bit better... that didn't make them top anyway (mixed fireteams were not needed because KB didn't bend the meta anyway). Still, they didn't become top to receive so much complaining. And the problem with heckler, is that, even after appearing zulú, or the linked-holoed-spec op jammer, I still saw more complaints against hecklers than against the other (Which also, got better ITS results than kriza when appeared).

I admit that I might be a bit biased, but seeing how after solving the problem in the nomad roster, the same complaints don't go to bit&kiss, is a bit discouraging. If this only happened now, or once in the past, ok...but this keeps happening over and over. Even late N3 after seen that numbers showed that any nomad subfaction was not even top 10 (taking into account all vainilla and sectorials out there), people still complained about nomads. But using words as "superunits", when they didn't work as good in the end, shows that, if I am biased here, I am not the only one.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  20. SpectralOwl

"Superunits" is referring to their ability to just run straight at problems, no tricks required, just winning through sheer in-game power. It's not a meta-commentary about the Kriza's power level, though I admit I could have been more clear there. I do feel for you on the Bit&KISS! issue, I at least have just stayed out of that debate because I really don't know Combined very well since neither myself nor any of my regular opponents play it. Hopefully we get a nice bit of errata that will neatly solve this whole Repeater-Marker business though.

Tourniquet and Armihaul like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation