1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BS Attack Into a Close Combat

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Hsien, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hi, all!

Don't find a clear answer for this case:

Unit a(friendly) is in cover from unit c
    Unit b(enemy) in close combat with unit a, but not in cover from unit c
    Unit c declare bs attack in close combat.

In resolve unit c hit both units a and b. Who will get cover bonus and from this attack?
    How mods for cover apply for shoting in cc?

BS Attack Into a Close Combat

If a BS Attack is declared against an enemy Trooper that is engaged in CC Combat a -6 MOD must be applied for each Allied Trooper engaged in the CC (in addition to any MODs for Range, Cover, Mimetism... for the target).

Every failed BS Attack Roll will hit the Allied Trooper, forcing them to perform a Saving Roll. If there are several Allied Troopers locked in that Close Combat, then the Trooper’s player chooses which one of them receives each hit.

2. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

Unit C target is Unit B. Unit B has no partial cover bonus from unit C. Unit C apply a -6 MOD to BS. Any failed BS attack rolls, hits Unit A. Unit A Saving Roll can apply cover bonus to his Saving Roll.

Jumara and chromedog like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Fwiw, I've been waiting for an official answer to this ever since IJW answered that friendlies hit by cc shooting can also claim cover.

If I read the rules as mechanically as I can, cover applies based on the target's position but we are not instructed that the target changes on a missed attack into CC. Add to this that an Engaged ally may even be in Total Cover.
    Personally I would apply Cover based entirely on the intended target's position.

Qwerinaga, Jumara and Hsien like this.
  4. Hsien

Hsien Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, it was my second question)
    What if friendly unit is total cover?)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation