1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brand new to A!

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Ric, Jul 25, 2022.

1. Ric

Ric New Member

So I am just learning, and I dont see many people around in my region playing. The warcor here is like "I dont do Aristeia" so I guess if I will get people playing it will have to be me. Beyond just demo the game, andyone have any suggestions for how to get people to even try?

Cervantes3773 likes this.
  2. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

There is the option to play via Tabletop Simulator online as an A! mod exists. Maybe this as a dtarter to get people into the game?

3. Cervantes3773

Cervantes3773 Rogue AI
    Warcor

Welcome to Aristeia!

I'd recommend developing a demo game script. Pre-planned forces, know the scenario, etc. Demos need to be fast, fun, and give the flavor of the game, but they don't need to be a 100% faithful recreation.

I'm not suggesting you lie or leave out key aspects, simply that you keep it fun, keep it moving, give the people a flavor for the game, talk to them about what you're leaving out, etc.

Like, don't give them the option to choose their team or cards, just have it ready, but explain that "each Aristo has different cards and you can mix and match and make your team however you like"

You also don't need to play the full game. Depending on attendance, etc, i may just play two turns or something.

I hope that helps, good luck!

Croepoek likes this.
  4. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Happy to have you on board.

As Cervantes told it, prepare well a demo game that you can do multiple times. Create small events in shops or gaming club to present the game. Even if you don't play, bring the hexadome and minis with you, settle the game, and you will see that curious people will come to you and ask questions or for a demo.

Have luck

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation