1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootleg, Such a wasted oportunity

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Mc_Clane, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Oh, man, I would be all over Infinity minis in 15mm for platoon-company per side games!

2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

15mm is just a bit smaller than half. 10 (1/3) or 6 (1/5)... that would be big battles.

And CB can do details, no discussion.

3. Section9

Half the height, 1/8 the mass of metal per model.

CB used to be a company that made very high-quality 15mm historical minis, I have a box of their Early Imperial Romans.

I should point out that 15mm minis are a little smaller than most people can identify weapons at tabletop distances, so they wouldn't be a threat to 30mm Infinity minis sales.

Most single-based 15mm games are basically pushing around fireteams as the 'smallest unit', and the entire team shoots one target. Once you start basing groups of figures together, that turns into Flames of War or GW's Epic, a battalion of troops per side and platoons shoot at each other.

4. Mob of Blondes

They did 15mm by hand (licensed to Totentanz now, IIRC). I was thinking about what CB has done with 3d printing and what others have done that way and in tiny sizes (some are pushing down to 3mm... that is a bit extreme). And multibase, of course, with TAGs operating in pairs and trios (in 15mm they could still be singles), and vehicles (more doable in 6mm if metal).

I would be a threat... to other systems. DZC seems to be reorganizing, Planetfall & Halo are dead, and Epic is in "fan support" until outcome of new Titanicus is clear.

5. Lothlanathorian

Lothlanathorian Not a custom title

10/15mm Infinity would be awesome.

6. Mob of Blondes

[​IMG]
    6mm hand sculpts.

Icchan, jherazob, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  7. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

That is quite a work of art considering how small each of those models are.

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  8. Section9

Very nice!

Now, back up to normal table distance, have someone shuffle the models around and put them an inch or more apart, and then point out which models have the crossbow and which have handguns.

Pain in the ass, isn't it?

That's why 6mm games (and even most 15mm games!) tend to be multiple based with weapons abstracted across the entire base.

jherazob, chromedog and ev0k like this.
  9. Mob of Blondes

[​IMG]
    Digital 6mm, not many polys in the bases but otherwise nice.

My point about 6mm is that with 15mm it's too near to 28-32mm. Vehicles would still be hard (metal?), and full battlefields plain impossible (column of TAGs? city neighbourhood?). 6mm can do enough detail to be nice, even if hard to notice at distance, yet cram enough miniatures in a table to give a different feeling. Yes, of course, I expect them to be multiple per base, maybe even TAGs (duo with "wingman").

jherazob likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Yu Jing and only Yu Jing. I've not even pre-cleaned my JSA starter yet and might pick up Druze (which I've won a fair number of models of), Haqq or OSS before I do that.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation