1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bolts...nice?

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by yoink101, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Zsolt

Zsolt Well-Known Member

All the bolts became 1 pt cheaper, the Combi + LS another 1 pt cheaper, and the drop bear another 1.

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

41 posts. 16 about NCA changes...

I love these forums

3. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

No. I played two variation of the hosp + mag list.

Nonetheless I can't say for sure but I think you can do pretty well with the MO like they are right now. They are less straight "one good list above others" but they can have more flexibility with Santiago jumping from a Magister link in def into the hosp haris link if you need that BS 17 HMG in active.

And last but not least they are more fun to play now. And that is probably the most important part imo.

oldGregg, ijw, volgo and 6 others like this.
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I'd just like to state, for the record, that when PanOceania smashed America in the Nanotech War your ludicrous date format died, alongside your hilariously outdated system of weights and measures.

Solar, xammy, BLOODGOD and 8 others like this.
  5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Say what you want, but thematically America lives on in the form of PanO

Lieutenant, Judge Dredd and Keyrott like this.
  6. Shoitaan

Shoitaan Well-Known Member

If America's only theme is unchecked capitalism and grotesque inequality between the rich and the poor then sure.

Solar, chaos11, DukeofEarl and 4 others like this.
  7. MikeTheScrivener

cmon man, you gotta be fair – there's more parallels than that, although what you've listed is certainly part of it. PanO, much like America, is a melting pot of culture and ideas, they're both predominately christian to the point where public policy may or may not be influenced by their ideals and both are seen as a type of "Bully" to other countries or factions.

Judge Dredd and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. Shoitaan

So did all the Indians that were part of the founding of Pan Oceania suddenly convert to Catholicism just because a segment of their alliance - that was introduced later - were Christian? They have a large representation of Christians in their military but that's not the same as the populace. Yeah absolutely catholicism is a big and improtant part of one section of PanO but Catholism is not the same thing as Christianity - particularly in terms of the denominations of Christianity that's big in USA. Also in India, Sikh's (used to) form a disproportionate part of the military even though India's religion was Hinduism. Another good example that you shouldn't let SpaceKnights completely cloud your idea of what the society is like.

There's some overarching parallels between USA and PanO but if you start getting into detail like religion and foreign policy then they are quite different.

Also, India, like the rest of Asia, like the sensible parts of the world also uses metric. Although sometimes, in some rural parts, some unusual metrics are used for measuring property sizes. Given this is how this tangent started, I'd like to reiterate that the Yankee dating system and IMperial measurement system only exist in Ariadna territory.
    US Ariadna territory as well cause the Scotts and French are using metric XD

9. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I don't really agree with that at all. As an American I can see a whole lot of similarities. The fact that the neo-catholic church has control over resurrection and is the only religion with such power speaks volumes of its influence in Pano society. In much the same way that the party having control over resurrection says a lot about its control over Yu Jing society.

Its not a perfect comparsion but thats because Pano isn't a stand in for the USA specifically but rather modern western values as a whole with a slice of imperialism to go with it.

10. MikeTheScrivener

I never really said it was a 1:1 comparison – PanO plays a similar role in the setting to America in modern day politics. Just the emphasis on military superiority alone says that much. Obviously PanO is a utopia, something that is still a pretty far off idea than what we have in our society today. Of course theres going to be differences there.

11. Shoitaan

I think you two misundertood me somewhat. The fault is mine for not being clear.

I never disagreed about PanO being Infinity's enshrinement of western values. It absolutely is. But while America is an important part of western culture, America itself is not the West (regardless of what Americans may think XD). Hence saying something as reductive as PanO is Future/Space America is quite foolish. Australia is a vital part of PanO and is a Western society. If anything, the form of western culture and values PanO is based of is Australia's not America's - which is yet another sign that they would use metric system but that's what we use.

And there's a lot of similarities between America's culture and Australia's but any Aussie that's been to america or been exposed to too much of it on TV can tell you exactly where and how they're different. And regrettably, although Australia has been letting USA dictate a lot of its non-pacific foreign policy in the last 20 years or so, pre-9/11, our policies were better aligned to England. Which again, may have similarities but is quite different from America.

12. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I was wondering how long it'd take someone to screencap that and make it a meme...

You try getting into space using feet and pounds!

For the record, the Apollo instruments did all their calculations in metric, and converted to feet and pounds in the display.

Yeah, NO.

It's a sad sign when someone who swore an oath to defend the Constitution of America would rather live in the totalitarian hellhole of Yu Jing than in PanO.

volgo and theradrussian like this.
  13. Skoll

Skoll Well-Known Member

i'd live in pano just for the sweet knight themed power armor.

alas im clearly a bs 12 magister not one of them big brain bs 14 bois. ill be all too happy to stick em with the pointy end

FatherKnowsBest and eciu like this.
  14. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I'll just agree to disagree on that. I'd much rather live in Pano. :P

That is if I'm at least of middle class. If I'm born dirt poor than I'd rather live in Yu Jing.

#54 Death, Mar 22, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  15. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

This variation was single different unit wasn't it ? (and even there it wasn't totally different unit, just 2 flavors of the same thing)

16. AdmiralJCJF

While I think your position on this is foolish, it certainly nicely underlines the fact that PanOceania is NOT just "America of the future".

It is the Western ideal embodied in the Pacific nations projected into the future.

Shoitaan likes this.
  17. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I wrote everything in my mind at the time in this article. It has been a year and half now. I can't remember better than what is in this article. : https://infinitythegame.com/blog/item/389-the-infinity-4th-interplanetario-winner-list

And yes, the two list were pretty similar, one had some remotes for hacking net and to scan TO, and the other had a MSR black friar in case of a lot of ODD / more elite listes (hate the Steel Phalanx for that) or to shoot warband though smoke. Because I'm of the firm opinion that, even if there definitly are bad lists and bad options, Infinity is not a science and there is no auto-winning list. "It's not your list it's you"

I remember that before I made the list public I read some article on FB speculating on what I played. And a lot of people tought it was TO sergent spam, wich might be good actually. But I had the habbit to abuse TO spam and now people in my meta all have scanner to discover my TO. Funny how perception of what is good / bad may vary with time.

Being familiar with what you play, and how it deals with what the opponent play, is far more important imho. And my mental capacities are maybe too limited for me to be familiar with two completly different lists. :D

18. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

How do we feel about YYYY-MM-DD?

BLOODGOD and volgo like this.
  19. AdmiralJCJF

[​IMG]

Ok, so, coming back on topic.

This whole thing looks pretty good for Bolts overall. I've had viable Bolts lists before, and the cost reductions only make them better.

To be fair, this looks pretty damn solid:

Neoterran Capitaline Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]5
    BOLT Spitfire / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23)
    BOLT Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    BOLT Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    BOLT Boarding Shotgun, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    BOLT Boarding Shotgun, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

2 SWC | 104 Points

Open in Infinity Army

And that's before we start thinking about including a Machinist, or a Black Friar, or an Aquila.

20. injenegr

injenegr Well-Known Member

So far i'm eager to try 3 teams:
    - haris+khd+Aquilla - to clean and hold a midfield and keep Aquilla in SupFire safe from enemy hackers and CC guys
    - haris+khd+BF - same, but less pricey
    - haris+khd+spitfire - just to flank and mine every corner

Core slot is better suited for old humble fusi and their ARO missile, i think. With a couple of CSUs around to reform link in case all goes wrong.

IMO the only thing to improve with new Bolts is baggabe bot linkability: cheaper links and MOAR bears. Hope wi'll see this eventually.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation