1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bokhtar speculations

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by Cannon Fodder, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

This is what I ran
    gZIQaGFzc2Fzc2luLWJhaHJhbQhTdGFuZGFyZIEsAgEJAIFJAQoAAIFJAQUAAIEtARIAAIEtAQ4AAIE4AQMAAIE4AQMAAIE7AQEAAIFMAQEAAIFUAQMAAgUAgVQBAwAAgUMBBgAAgUMBBgAAgUMBBgAAgUMBBgA%3D

It's a spin on my usual skeleton, which is this
    gZIQaGFzc2Fzc2luLWJhaHJhbQhTdGFuZGFyZIEsAgEKAIEtAQ4AAIFRAQEAAIFRAQEAAIFJAQUAAIFJAQoAAIFMAQEAAIE4AQMAAIE4AQMAAIE9AQEAAIFUAQMAAgUAgVQBAwAAhgkBAwAAhgkBAwAAgUMBBgAAgUMBBgA%3D

I cut the Nadhir because they are pretty mediocre versus vanilla Ariadna, since the bears ignore continuous, UKR has MSV and HD doesn't match up super well vs camouflaged trooper.

I cut the Barid and Missile bot because they don't have anything hackable, and guided missile is kinda in the same spot as Nadhir in that matchup.

I played the Red Fury Bokhtar, and filled in the rest of the list with a Rafiq (to have the option to sensor), a couple of Daylami (mostly because the mission was Firefight, so I expected my opponent to more forward than usual, and because they have pseudo 360 vs parachutists) and I added a Ghulam Number 2, just because it gave me back my Sixth Sense in the team and I had 13 points left.

Made the list pretty fast, so there might be some very obvious optimizations to be done.

#81 Diphoration, Jul 30, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
    RobertShepherd likes this.
  2. Apollon

Apollon New Member

What's the reason for the Tian Gou?

3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

To make people underestimate them or something.

4. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

What a bidah I have just read?!

5. sololobo

sololobo Well-Known Member

Brutal response! lol Now I’m like crap they are exactly the same why would I pay more?

6. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

In a faction with tons of very skilled Doctors, some of which can heal 2W up fully, 1W and NWI are definitely not as good as 2W and an actual Unconscious state which you can recover from.

That Tac Aware order is also super nice.

#86 Savnock, Aug 1, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
    Judge Dredd and Brokenwolf like this.
  7. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Don't get your hopes up. They changed the wording for TacAware in N4 so now a days the FAQ entry is just a reminder to read the rule. I'm not sure if the N3 FAQ pre-dates the filming of the Shas release or not, but they get even more basic rules wrong

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The Battle Report was in N4 iirc. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

9. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

I coudn't agree more.

10. Diphoration

Warcor

On the non-Parachutist version, thise two things matter.

On the Parachutist version, NWI is arguably better as it doesn't leave the change for the opponent to do a classified, and Tac-Aware doesn't work. (And you pay a big premium for the real wound and the Tac Aware.)

Urobros and Methuselah like this.
  11. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

Has anyone gotten more experience with the Bokhtar? I am thinking of switching her for my Namurr in Vanilla?

12. Diphoration

Warcor

It's more comparable with the Mukhtar in vanilla, but I think the Mukhtar is much better (mostly because it's a lot cheaper).

Where the Bokhtar can edge is on the parachutist profile, I've played it twice so far (playing it again Friday and maybe before then if I can find a game). It differentiate itself from the other profiles by allowing to hit other angles.

Brokenwolf likes this.
  13. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I've used BokhtaR in our TACOS* 250pts tournament last Saturday. I played Vanilla Haqq. To squeeze her in the list I had to use some cheaper other units and end up with getting back Lasiq VSR for example, after long time of using mostly Knauf.
    https://infinitytheuniverse.com/army/list/gZEJaGFxcWlzbGFtASCBLAIBCwCGNQEDAACBMQECAACBSAECAACBLQEIAACBTQEBAACBLQEJAACBPgEBAACBTAECAACBRgEEAACBSwEBAACBQgGEcgACAwCBQwEGAACBQwEGAACBVAECAA==

I wanted to maximally try out BokhtaR, so I used her in all games aggressively. In the first game I was facing Neoterra with Bolt fireteams, they started, killed few my units. The BokhtaR came in, was supposed to take out few members of Fireteam, but I rolled really poorly, and finally put down only one. Hid BokhtaR and waited for enemy active turn. Bolts came closer and attacked BokhtaR, but her high Dodge and ARM let her survive and hide better. In my next turn she managed to dismantle almost the whole Fireteam. In the end she was wounded, but survived, killing few units and helping me win 8:4.

In the second game, against JSA on a heavy link (Tankos + Domaru) I got initiative and decided to use BokhtaR to kill some weaker units. Put down Yuriko Oda (it's nice to have MSV1 and Mimetism -3), then Aragoto Hacker and some Paramedic. What's funny, I also wanted to dodge a mine, but failed and got wounded. In the end of first turn I put her in total cover, but... It wasn't so total, I failed ;) My enemy was able to move Fireteam to a position, when he saw BokhtaR. Two dices on Missile Launcher against high dodge, JSA critted and BokhtaR vaporized. It was a sign, as I lost the game 4:5.

In the final battle against Corregidor I dropped Bokhtar near enemy camo - propably Intruder. Discovered him, failed to kill him, he survived hit and went prone. Then used few order to go closer, shot some Moran on the way (survived hits and went prone). Then SuperJumped to see Intruder and took things personally with Viral Pistol. I thought about hunting McMurrough, who were close, but had only 2 orders left, so it would be really risky. Decided to withdraw, took a good position and suppressive fire.
    Nomads used smoke to advance a bit and ordered haris of Digger and Jaguars to kill BokhtaR, but Hassassin dodged nicely and hide. Lasiq killed one of the haris, Digger also got wounded by Daylami.
    In my active turn Zuleyka took care of approaching enemies, even took out Gecko in CC. Then BokhtaR killed some other enemies, taking high ground on the end of turn.
    McMurrough risked jumping closer to my Hassassin, but got hit with both Lasiq's Viral Sniper, and BokhtaR Viral Pistol.
    In the end I won 6:0

kOKfJCF.jpeg (3072×4096) (imgur.com)

To summarize - I liked playing BokhtaR. She's tough, fast, and the NCO order is really nice. The combo of her stats and abilities is good. But she's also really expensive and taking her changes the whole armylist. And her gun could've been a bit more devastating, as DAM 13 isn't too powerful.
    I'll propably use her in some future games, but not sure if she'll be one of my staple units.

PozdRawiam / Greetings

*) I highly recommend using TACOS from time to time. That's a totally crazy playset, but forces both players to do objectives from the start to the last round. And it's fun.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation