1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Biotechvore, Loot/Sabotage and Onyx?

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Obeisance, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

So I got a game in tonight. Played Onyx vs. Blizzard 6 in Biotechvore. Ended up scoring a 6-1 win.

Played..
    Rodok 2 LSG, CR
    Rodok 2 LSG, CR
    Rodok Medic
    Rodok HMG
    Rodok ML
    Xeodron K1
    Xeodron Multi
    Samaritan LT Spitfire
    2 Imetrons

Biotechvore absolutely favours the aggressor. I want to go first so I can get out of the zone and set up some AROs to mess with my opponent. It also pushes close/mid engagement and low order count lists.

I hadn't used Xeodrons or Rodoks before. Super Jump is great. I repeatedly hopped up on top of different levels and peaked to get shots. But 4-2 is garbage. But being able to dodge ok is so refreshing. I killed a Jotum with three crits over two turns. lol.

Changes I'm gonna make for the next game..

Played..
    Rodok Lt 2 LSG, CR
    Rodok 2 LSG, CR
    Rodok Medic
    Rodok HMG
    Rodok ML
    Xeodron Red Fury
    Xeodron Multi
    Samaritan Assault Hacker
    Imetrons
    R-Drone
    300/6 SWC. Gives me a Hacker and a Repeater. Spitfire Umbra Lt doesn't want to push.

Golem2God and Ginrei like this.
  2. Obeisance

Obeisance Well-Known Member

So turns out Sphinx is pretty solid in Loot and Sabotage.

We really had few options for cracking the AC2. Kind of annoying.

Dr Worm
    Kerr Nau
    Sphinx
    Overdron and Xeodron bare fists
    Legate melee weapons

I might try out just adding an Umbra to a list that has Dr Worm and Kerr Nau add see view it gues.

What's your usual strategy for Loot/Sabotage?

Do you think I need Dr Worm to renove isolation/immobilized from the Sphinx in 10 order lists? So right.

3. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

I have an upcoming tourney with both Biotechvore and Looting and Sabotage.

I’m running with the Sphinx and Unidron team.

The Sphinx can be in base contact with the AC in 3 orders and have a good chance at taking it out with another 3-6 orders. It can eat a few aros while doing it. I tried it and it worked great although in that match my opponent turtled up.

Biotechvore is all about efficiency. Also, if you were unaware Imetrons are unaffected by the vore.

I’m running an Evo over Dr Worm to exile fireteams. I also have Bit and Kerr’Nau for repeater coverage.

All in all the Sphinx is very much a big risk big reward.

Ginrei likes this.
  4. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

That seems particularly brutal... Seems like it might take some doing to get an Exile off while they are still within the zone, though.

5. bladerunner_35

bladerunner_35 Well-Known Member

I haven’t tried it in Biotechvore yet but it’s usually troublesome for my opponent. It’s not very difficult to just shoot the repeater but it eats orders and the shock effect is often great.

For Biotechvore I will probably put Kerr’Nau in the Unidron team.

Depending on the table and AROs I should have about seven orders after getting the Sphinx and fireteam out of tye zone.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation