1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bikes, Booty, and Deployment

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Hecaton, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

once casevac the IMM should wear off by itself.

"may not be cancelled in the usual manner" means you cannot cancel with engineer, at the same time the sentence does say it "can be cancelled", so it must somehow be possible, and yet not possible by the usual manner... which brings me to the conclusion it is automatic once the space conditions improved. Probably at the end of the Order in which it happens.

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

wow, at the end of Casevac, there is a special case for Casevac and motorcycle : when you casevac, you only casevac the trooper, leaving the motorcycle equipment behind placing a Motorbike Marker.

So the motorcycle, if you pick it up in an alley, is really stuck there forever; but you can casevac the pilot from the crashed motorcycle. If it was a crashed car i'd understand, but for a motorcycle, he really should be able to do it by dismounting himself.

3. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Not really. As the only way for the Motorbike marker to be in place is to actively Dismount, if you started with the Dismounted profile there'd be no Bike to get back onto.

4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

For my sake, please read my previous post as consisting of multiple parts:
    Part 1a: A lament about the lack of explicit clarity in how troopers with multiple profiles are displayed.
    Part 1b: A lament about the Motorcycle rules being minimally presented, and or partially absent
    Part 2: A wish for the functionality embodied by the Motorcycle equipment would be better if the players had a choice to start dismounted (with the accompanying marker placement).

:)

Edit: And, frankly, if the choice is between "You get a motorcycle but you're immobilized" and "No motorcycle, but you're not immobilized", that's still a better outcome than the current situation.

#24 solkan, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  5. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

But where do you place it?
    I guess in B2B to the Bounty Hunter (that has to be in B2B to the engi).
    Can you maybe use this to free the motorcycle?

6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

In the case of an unconscious motorcyclist...

i think you replace the motorcycle model (the one you transformed into, and which got stuck) by motorcycle marker (a simple replacement), and then move the dismounted S2 pilot always in B2B with the friend when the friend moves.

In the case of IMM, the same applies, swap the motorcycle model with a motorcycle marker (as is usually done when you dismount yojimbo), then place the pilot in b2b with the friend.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation