1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best reactive options against MSV/Smoke

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by WiT?, Jan 21, 2018.

1. WiT?

WiT? Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, have been out of the loop for a while and more or less forgotten how to play =/

The other day I ran up against the YJ MSV bot on the reactive turn. It defeated all forms of reactive play and lucked out on a few clear shots I got at it on the active turn, leading it to steamroll most of my army.

Against this type of unit, I would prefer to use hacking areas, mines, or perimeter weapons - but these are not always available, are not always deployed top of turn one, and don't work against long range variations on the MSV/smoke attack.

Typically I play Tohaa, and use pokemon invincibility to increase the odds of my ARO options surviving an exchange with a piece like this, and consider that to be a sufficiently effective countermeasure. However, these days I don't get enough games to warrant playing my same old tournament stuff the times I get to put models on the table, so I'm looking for ways for other armies to counter this approach.

An MSV/smoke attack can defeat template weapons via change facing shecanery, TR bots via the -6 penalty, links (cheap, elite, or even MSV) via weight of dice, elite single pieces via -6 and ignoring their own penalties. That sort of leaves me drawing blanks on a means to engage this across a fire lane, with the best approach I can think of being the expensive and risky HD sniper attempting to double engage when the model takes onmy primary ARO piece. This is sketchy at best. So looking for any suggestions - what have I forgotten that can help with this type of approach?

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

4+ links, mines, high PH and your own, longer ranged MSV2. Most things can't survive a MSV2 Spitfire anyways.

3. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

In Tohaa you are pretty much limited to kauri sentinel snipers and gao rael sniper triad with mates to ARO against smoke tricks with any form of return worth the risk. Anything else has to duck and cover for the reactive turn (A rui shi will have enough orders to find you though).

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation