1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battle Report: MO vs Steel Phalanx (and some questions)

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Arkaon1125, Aug 13, 2021.

1. Arkaon1125

Arkaon1125 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, after a stop period me and my friend started to play agin. We are not so very experienced so we did a lot of newbie mistakes, but this is what came out.
    The battle was very short (at second turn became very straightforward for one side). Here the lists

MO v3
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    MENDOZA (Forward Deployment [+8"]) MULTI Rifle(+1 Dam), Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 57)
    BLACK FRIAR FTO (Sixth Sense) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser / MULTI Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 25)
    KNIGHT COMMANDER (Lieutenant [+1 Order]) Combi Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 28)
    CROSIER (Paramedic) Combi Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    CROSIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)
    CROSIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 11)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]3
    BLACK FRIAR MULTI Sniper Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 30)
    TRINITARIAN (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 27)
    TRINITARIAN (Minelayer, Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Flash Pulse, Shock Mines / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1 | 28)
    TEUTONIC KNIGHT (NCO) Spitfire / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (1.5 | 31)
    TEUTONIC KNIGHT Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 20)
    TEUTONIC KNIGHT Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 19)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

N4 300pt Gruppo di assalto N°4
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    MACHAON (Lieutenant) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    PHOENIX Heavy Rocket Launcher, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / DA CC Weapon, Heavy Pistol. (1.5 | 35)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    THORAKITES (Fireteam: Enomotarchos) Boarding Shotgun, E/Mitter / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 18)
    THORAKITES Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    THORAKITES Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    THORAKITES Feuerbach, Nanopulser / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 23)
    SCYLLA (Hacker, Hacking Device [UPGRADE: Trinity (+2 Damage)]) Boarding Shotgun, Pitcher ( ) / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)
    [​IMG] DEVABOT CHARYBDIS Heavy Flamethrower / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    THRASYMEDES (Infiltration) Submachine Gun, Zapper / Pistol, Shock CC Weapon. (0 | 29)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    ATALANTA (Total Reaction) MULTI Sniper Rifle ( | TinBot: Discover [+3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 44)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)

5.5 SWC | 298 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I deployed first, i set up quite everything on cover except my spitfire teuton guarding a firelan and the BF snoper on a roof.
    Starteed good, moved my BF Rocket launcher on a roof and killed on of the two rocket laucher, and with a second orther the other one. I left him too much exposed, and atalanta killed him stright away on his next turn.

My sniper got shotted by fauerback, so i had to easly dodge the FB aro that was haunting my teuton. Teuton got the middle of the field, but one them got shredded by a double nanopulser from Myrmidon. Mendoza moved far on the middle, putting uncounscius his infiltrato with grenades. (Can I toss granade in a point i see, not a model but just a point on the table, without accouring in the -6 for speculative?).

My turn ends and then he start moving pieces. With His doctor he revive the Myrmidon and the infiltrato, using medikit with range option. Mendoza survived some shots but teuton could not stand submachingun fire and some myrmidon. He killed my BF with rocket using Atalanta, covered by his hacker.

Second turn was pretty funny. I moved Mendosa dodging quite the impossible, getting the back of sniper + hacker. Killed the sniper but hacked Isolated me, with Oblivion. Match ended here since his second turn would be quite the total annihilation of me.

• Mendoza: liked a lot this trooper
    • BF: very useful, i need to place them better
    • Teutonic: best troop so far i played
    • Trinitarian: i love them but in this battle they did nothing, maybe 2 are too much?
    • Core fireteam oc croisers. Is very cheap, but i still have to understand how to use it properly.

Edit: feel free to post suggestion, impression and hints for make better list and play better. I would like to grow while playng!

#1 Arkaon1125, Aug 13, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  2. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I think you should really try to get at least 9 orders in your first group. Mendoza is an order-heavy trooper if you don't want to have to take some unneeded risks. To get the orders you need, I would get your Sniper out of the list and get a Fugazi, two Deactivator Mulebots and the Warcor. With the points left, you can upgrade one Crosier in a Paramedic.
    These are the easy changes, you could do some more, but it would be more trade-off rather than improvements.

Lesh' and Arkaon1125 like this.
  3. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

As for your spec fire question, no. It must be placed directly onto the target unless you spec fire. Only target less weapons like smoke grenades can normally ignore this.

Arkaon1125 likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation