1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Bignoob

Bignoob Well-Known Member

I don't know. I go on Reddit: pretty much same discussions as the ones happening here.

2. Solodice

Solodice Kinda-Known Member

Doesn't feel any different from any other forums I've been on. Hell, it's better than some.

Savnock and Camo Token like this.
  3. Camo Token

Camo Token Well-Known Member

What do you mean by "political"? Most everything can be construed as "political" and that fact is often used to silence inconvenient discourse. Is "political" discussion somehow against forum rules or is that just your personal preference?

If former, I don't see that here: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/en-general-forum-rules.257/ - what's forbidden is "Offensive, insulting, discriminatory, racist, sexist or aggressive posts [...]". Off-topic discussion is forbidden as well, but we're on-topic here, talking about the models and the fluff. The fluff itself strongly uses political and ideological components, there's no way to avoid talking politics when you're supposed to talk about a collectivist anarchist society called Bakunin shifting to religious autocracy.

If latter, it's weird and inappropriate that you're using red text to enforce your personal views.

Golem2God, Daireann and csjarrat like this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

1) Reddit is a dump

2) other places being a dump doesn't make anywhere less of a dump

5. Camo Token

Oh, my sweet, sweet summer child.

Reddit is a gold mine of reason, honesty and quality content when compared to the hellspawns of 4chan and other, even more niche anon boards.

Savnock, Chaserabinov, Lesh' and 5 others like this.
  6. Solodice

Solodice Kinda-Known Member

Same goes for Facebook, Discord, etc. So nothing new under the hobby sun no matter how many people tell me otherwise.

Golem2God and Savnock like this.
  7. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

The fist gen Daktari was always dumb, people just didn't talk about it because it wasn't that popular a game to begin with.

Here's the catch though:

There's nothing wrong with dumb, sexy, over the top sexyness, etc. There are ways to present that stuff to anyone in a manner that won't offend people (Remember, Bayonetta exists). I've talked about this a few times in other forums whenever people start to complain about the sexiness or lack thereof of the models.

However, to keep things in the topic, I think the new look is mostly the right kind of sexy. We still have some boob armor, shapely ladies, and come on, that moira with the ML is STACKED. It's going for a look that is good and fits the whole 'naughty nun' aesthetic.

My only issue with this look is that I didn't start bakunin for the naughty nuns. I started for the furry freaks and anarchists. So while I think it's a cool look, it's not a look I want.

Jumara, Abrilete, kesharq and 4 others like this.
  8. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

It is quite simple, when the discussion starts showing keywords then you know that it will devolve in politics and to be frank people are here to discuss minis the background and the game, and not political ideas, ideology and so on.

And the path to political debate has been demonstrated many times in the past and I am not willing to let the forum devolve in yet another debate of political nature.

Forum members can argue all they want that the minis were sexier back then, if they are the same now, why they like the current aesthetics why they prefer the older aesthetics, but the moment they try to attribute some external (ideological) force to why this happens, well it will inevitably and invariably devolve into politics.

I hope this clears it out.

Moving on, I always saw Moiras having the Nuns headdress, from the very first miniature, including the head covering cloth they wear under it so nothing changed for me as far as the headwear goes.

9. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Remained one of the best selling figures for many years.

Savnock, Solar, Brokenwolf and 4 others like this.
  10. Brokenwolf

Brokenwolf Well-Known Member

The Observance being more classical warrior nuns is ok with me. IMO, the biggest test of what new Bakunin will look like will be the future Chimera, Pupniks, and Morlocks designs.

Golem2God, Savnock, Jumara and 2 others like this.
  11. SpectralOwl

I'm in it for the Cyberpunk cops. Bio-modded Moderators, Zeroes and Prowlers in their faceless bodysuits, the Taskmaster and Lizard's imposing and serious bulk. The mysterious, masked Custodiers go great with that look, Moirae and Riots, less so, and these new HI with their Brigada knock-off armour look like they'll go terribly with my other Bakunin. Unless they're remodelling half the line, switching the studio scheme to de-emphasize the white is going to look bad on shelves too- all the older stuff will look like it's practically from a different faction.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I think 'This isn't something I like' is a more valid criticism than 'This is bad'

Because honest to goodness, it's not bad. The sculpts are fantastic, and the Halos are really, really cool. There are some uninspired poses, but overall the design itself is pretty great.

It's kinda sad this might not be *for me*. But it's fucking awesome.

13. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

so, basically here we have 2 types of bakunin players

Like weirdos, barely like Observancy

Got into Bakunin for the nuns, tolerate the rest

Always was difficult to make Bakunin cohesive without sacrifice something...

Jumara, burlesford, Rejnhard and 3 others like this.
  14. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

This forum needs to chill the hell out.

We got one leaked image of a bunch of Observance units and everyone is screaming bloody murder over how "I didn't start playing Bakunin for nuns with guns; they ruined Bakunin!" as if the entire faction is Observance now.

My brothers in Christ there are still other models in the faction; just because they're getting rid of the copyright-free Marvel Heroes doesn't mean the world is ending.

If you have problems with the sculpts that's one thing but god damn. Y'all gonna break your legs if you keep jumping to conclusions.

15. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Well, corvus stated that the new Bakunin will be Observancy-centred, so... screams and rage are on point

Golem2God, burlesford, Modock and 3 others like this.
  16. Shyvax

Shyvax Active Member

I'd love to see CB coming up with a little minis studio update.... since there has been a leak. And most active Infinity players are aware of it. I just hope that this leak hasn't ruin their plans for the next few conventions.
    Come on guys ;-) give us a little something ;-)

Savnock likes this.
  17. Camo Token

Yeah, naw, miss me with that.

I agree, this is not an faction addition, this is a faction shift / remake.

18. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

It's still a dump my delicate little sunflower, there are just worse dumps out there

19. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Almost every other discussion space I know for this game is way better than the forums tbh

Cthulhu363, Camo Token and burlesford like this.
  20. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I can assure you many other places aren't being too kind to the designs either.

Regarding the sexyness of the nuns or not. I think the problem is not in the sexyness itself but the lack of the cyberpunkish vibe. The original moiras were not typical nuns, they had tatoos on their faces, green lipstick, neons on their robes... they had a religious theme but they were as weird as bakunin could be. Now they look prude, boring nuns with guns.

I think the nomads, and specially bakunin, rely heavily on the anime-cyberpunk aesthetic. Much more than other armies. And failing to capture that makes the line look bland and easily comparable to many other miniature lines in the market (or even to another certain infinity faction). The Sin-eaters have their head implants, the custodes have their masks, but the defining traits that made the Moiras cyberpunkish have been toned down maybe a bit too much. And the design decisions on the new models are pulled straight from M.O. design dossiers instead of nomad style guide. Thus diluting even more the "Bakunin=weird" feel.

Also, i don't think the right one is a clockmaker. Unlike the Machinists in MO, the Clockmakers hail from bakunin itself, so it wouldn't make sense to remove them from the army they hail from.

Golem2God, Zsimbi, Jumara and 7 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation