1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You have grief ops

Solar likes this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

So you get one and then eat a koala and die? You're actually trading *down* in that situation, which fits with what I was saying about any solution to Moran repeater nets being more costly than the Moran.

3. Judge Dredd

Warcor

Points wise you are, but the positioning trade is an improvement if you need to breach it in an order. Otherwise you can use jump troops or camo infiltrators and just take a long walk up the building. Not ideal as it costs a lot more orders, but then like I said, you have the option of dropping the grief where you need him

Stiopa likes this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

If your argument is that Nomads are secretly op but Nomad players are all inherently less competitive and that's why they're outside the top ten but still need nerfing then I'm just gonna come out and say that's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read on this forum.

5. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

you can also interprete it on 2 more ways:

All nomad players are nice people who know, how utterly disgusting their faction´s best units are and that´s why they dont use them excessivly, to make the game more fun for everyone

-OR-

all Nomad players are so bad, that they need this level of overpowered units to be at least avarage compared to the uphill battles an onyx-players has to deal it each and every game

Your´s the choice :-D

Back to the topic i am quite happy with nearly everything i see (except the deamonicus, which feels VERY out of place). The rework with Bran realyfeels like his tasks have changed. With what he has now he´s not a run-at-that-and-explode kind of unit, but something whcih maybe does not hit THAT hard, but will be a long term threat if not properly dealt with.
    Kusanagi dont get a huge discount feels fine to me. NWI BS14 Mimetism should not be cheap as chips, imho...

Jumara, Golem2God and Solar like this.
  6. Judge Dredd

Warcor

My theory on Nomads is that CA, Aleph and other factions that can swat command and control and compete with their hacking strength keep much of their power in check. The game is hard to win when you are in loss of lieutenant for 1/3rd of it.

SpectralOwl and Solar like this.
  7. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Playing a faction is completely different than seen the faction on paper or even making lists with it, the past five months I play exclusively Invincibles and White banner, and I have come to appreciate their weaknesses and their strengths, and miss a lot of things any seasoned PanO player takes for granted and thinks its nothing special.

This also makes my gameplay against Yu Jing much better because I know what struggles they face and what options they have and not have to deal with a situation.

8. Hecaton

They're not "secretly" OP. But yeah, the vast majority of vanilla Nomad players don't run the optimized incarnations of it.

9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

So they're obviously OP but people who play them and either don't know or don't care to use the optimised lists, as opposed to everyone else who is doing that, and people who want to win tournaments aren't choosing Nomads despite them being obviously OP because they feel... bad? Because of some other ineffable reasons?

The other alternative being that you, a person on the Internet making these arguments in contravention of all the available data, are in fact wrong.

I hate to tell you mate but the magic 8-ball ain't showing signs in your favour

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Some might even say that it is an argument entirely contrived out of nothing to support your long running position that the faction played by people who regularly beat you, by your own admission, are OP

crikey what a thought

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  11. Hecaton

Some people might say that, but it would have more to do with antipathy towards me than being actually grounded in anything real.

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well I'm saying it and I don't know you from Adam, I have no personal dislike of you but I'm sure you're a very nice person. You're wrong about Infinity but Infinity is a game of toy soldiers so that's hardly important at all.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I think this has been adversarial enouph for quite some time and should stop, unless you two know each other and by each other I mean locally, I do not think anybody of us knows how Hecaton plays and how good or how fortunate or unfortunate (hey dice count) he is in the game, regardless I do not think how good one is in the game should diminish or boost in their opinion and I do think local experience and meta matters little outside the local community because it is hard to recreate outside said community.

Tristan228 and csjarrat like this.
  14. Hecaton

If you actually thought that you wouldn't have started out with insults and demeaning language. Don't worry, though, you can use a lot worse and PS won't do anything, since you're defending the status quo of the game and CB's decisions.

Lesh' and Camo Token like this.
  15. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Well I apologise if you were upset by my words. It is after all just a game.

16. Judge Dredd

Warcor

I do! He double crit my bagh mari hmg with a plasma sniper last game on my first order. Things did not get better for me.

17. AmPm

AmPm Well-Known Member

That's because the game hates you, and the dice hate you, and CB hates you because you play PanO.

18. Judge Dredd

Warcor

Dang dawg. It tru

19. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

FYI, review of last Army Update by Robert Shepherd.

Infinity Army March 23 Update - Hot Take

Golem2God, Alphz and burlesford like this.
  20. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation