1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin revamp: what's going, what's staying

Discussion in 'News' started by burlesford, Feb 3, 2023.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

There is no "thelema" in these designs, or in the observance.

2. Odiseo

Odiseo ㅤㅤㅤ

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Spain the "Ave María" symbol has been used (more or less ornate) for centuries.

AM (1).jpg AM (2).jpg AM (3).jpg AM (4).jpg AM (5).jpg

3. psychoticstorm

It is a classic symbol.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  4. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

5. psychoticstorm

6. TenNoBushi

TenNoBushi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I see that after my doubt about the S4.

7. Alithear

Alithear Member

i think to bakunin continue to introduce some problem in overall balance for the game. With the policy to give in generalist all sectorial profil you give at some faction some new tools who are really too strong.
    For exemple for nomads generalist:
    you gain with bakunin update:
    new lieutenant impossible to kill in CAC or close too with decoy and +1 order.
    A TAG hacker.
    A doctor +3 with incredible stat.

For me it's a double fail. If you let all profile in generalist you add a new sectorial with some good profile for the sectorial but generalist are more strong with this new profil than the sectorial.
    Nomades interest in competitive game are better than the new sectorial competitive view. Or i supposed to you prefer to up your sectorial -_-.
    For me it's a fail and it's dangerous for the overall balance of the game.

Jumara, Golem2God, Stiopa and 5 others like this.
  8. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

I do not like the inclusion of the daemonologist in vanilla. I can maybe see it in Bakunin as ok, but I do not like it in vanilla nomads one bit and I'm a vanilla nomad player predominantly.

It is expensive, true, but it fixes one major Nomad weakness - the vulnerable lieutenants. Yeah, I'm absolutely looking forward to see the model, because there are some really cool design possibilities with pupniks-on-a-leash, praxis monstrosities and crazed religious fanatics involved, I'd be doubly enthusiastic if it is not in siocast, but I don't like this as an addition to the game, from balance pov.

I'm also concerned about the continuing irrelevance of the chaksa longarms in Bakunin (maybe we can just relieve them of military duty and unbloat a bit) and the bad place of the prowler. The rest of the stuff looks fine, I love new Bran and the new toys for O-12

Golem2God, Stiopa, KoG and 3 others like this.
  9. gravitypool

gravitypool Well-Known Member
    Warcor

They didn't always have vulnerable lieutenants. All the way to N4 we had an Intruder lieutenant profile that was your go-to for lieutenant hunting missions and was discontinued to much sadness of the community as it allowed to play full-camo lists like ariadna.

10. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

I still mourn the intruder lieutenant, but he was, in many ways more vulnerable than the decoy-protected religious guard dog owner.

burlesford likes this.
  11. psychoticstorm

I feel that as with many new profile complains it is something that will not survive the realities of the tabletop and in a months time people will complain about the profile been useless.

If not and the opposite becomes true I am sure the data and actual feedback will show the need for some readjustment.

Jumara, Rejnhard, Cthulhu363 and 5 others like this.
  12. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Which never happens though. There should be enough data to show that the Bearpode specifically and vanilla Nomads in general have many problematic profiles, but do they ever get readjusted? No.

13. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

Does CB hate E/Mitters in Bakunin?
    I want my bran one hit brick TAGs and the like :cry:

Overall the changes seem to be ok overall, although the Prowlers feel phased out.

burlesford likes this.
  14. KoG

KoG Taagma Schemer

Dude can't you understand? All these things are intended and healthy. The only thing that unintended and unhealthy is you (and me). Who don't play those. Use cash to join premiere league.

15. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I am playing those though. That's the thing: these complaints are not coming from users who have to play against them, but players who play them themselves. Basically everyone agrees. Except CB, apparently.

16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

People are so easily shaken. Pull yourselves together, play games against BJC and beat them on the field. They'll be fine.

17. anubis

anubis sarcastic exaggerator

I have very mixed feels with the update...
    I am always a fan of new stuff. But i cam not sure if a want a 2 Wound Voronin with a Vorinin-decoy and counterintelligence... One thing i always liked about nomads was, your ltn is either useless or obvious. Sometimes both. The observiate demonicae is.... well.... i don´t want to say "multitool powerhouse", but it is at least not very nomad-typical (for my feeling)

Frenzy on moiras feels...oddly discount-ruley... i mean it is fitting for religious fanatics, but on the other hand.... mmmh...Don´t get me wrong, i love to see my Moira-List beeing 17 points cheaper for no reasen at all. But 23 points for BS 12 Mimetism-6 Multirifle seems.... nice.

I like the mimetism-6 on Healers to make them fit with the other referents. Te discount mimetism felt always a little odd.

My personal favourite in this update is defenetly the Boarding shotgun Moderator. Who else wants to trade my cross-eyed cheerleader with a freaking B2 DTW :-D Can´t help but i like that!

And wonder above wonders: riot girrrls still exist
    I like my new bran in his "take a hit for free"-state. finally i am thinking ´bout using templates again.

highly agree. Prowler to me was already kind of overpriced, compared to (vanilla) alternatives, but now the competition in Bakunin has also become pretty hard.

Out of my way, low-wage peasent. Your poverty sickens me.

same here. How often did people die in agony to newly released rules and profiles, and after some time everything went ok. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But let us play some rounds with and against bakunin, and time will show

Golem2God, Stiopa, Cthulhu363 and 3 others like this.
  18. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I said it on another thread, but I'll repeat: I dislike the daemonist, but it's not a game breaker and will not be. Too expensive in an expensive army.

What I kinda disliked about this update is the ammount of shock CCWs on people. Healers have it, Bran has it. That's odd. It makes bran bizarrely bad at killing stuff in CC.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. psychoticstorm

How so? he got MA L2

20. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

Down from MA L3. So he went from a DAM15 DA CCW to a DAM14 Shock CCW. He really can only kill small stuff now. He's more survivable doing it, but I won't send him against any two wound trooper anymore.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation