1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bakunin resculpts

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Lothair, Jan 18, 2018.

1. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

8-Ball will be my McMurrough - he is to big to fit neatly on a small base

inane.imp and Solar like this.
  2. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I use 8-Ball and Vania as Morlocks. :D

3. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

I`ve converted two Morlocks myself from Malifaux minis because I saw opportunity to re-create Boma from Heat Guy J.

Attached Files:

WolfofWinter likes this.
  4. IcariumVNam

IcariumVNam Well-Known Member

I'm tempted to round out my nomads by collecting all 3 sectorials, Bakunin is probably the least appealing especially given the lack of resulpts for the Zero's and Prowlers which is a strange decision. Since this year appears to be the year of new sectorials what are the chances of further Bakunin releases this year? Are the Morias new sculpts and in the correct scale? What can be used to proxie Zero's and Prowlers? I'm thinking Bandits since I dont have them in my Corregidor army.

5. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I think we're stuck with Zeros and Prowlers as they are. Honestly 3/4 are still really solid sculpts (the not-Hacker Zero is the one that really needs updating).

Honestly, except for a new Zero sculpt (which I don't think we're getting) or maybe a Lizard (which I'd also be surprised to see so soon after the Salzy), Bakunin is in a really good place.

Second, with Tunguska dropping in June I expect to see Tunguska for pretty much the rest of the year (Starter, Grenzer Box, 2nd Heckler, Securitate Box, Hollowmen Box/Blister are all likely within the next 12 months) . I also wouldn't be surprised if NA2 releases canibalise Nomad slots a little: Raoul and Brawlers both make sense to get released this year.

Locally a guy has converted the fem-Bandit into a Zero KHD and it looks sweet. So that's really quite doable. Wildcat / Prowler conversions are relatively seemless.

6. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Wildcats are still a bit small if that bothers you.

7. Elric of Grans

Elric of Grans Well-Known Member

Wildcats are old scale and the Spitfire is the old design, two of the three Tomcats are old scale and have old weapon designs, one or two of the Hellcats are old scale and the Boarding Shotgun is the old design; Carlotta and Morans are just plain terrible. The Intruder Combi Rifle has a lot less detail than the other Intruder minis too.

8. wellspokenman

wellspokenman Retired Intruder

CJC & BJC both have models that need a touch up. CB has been clear that Zoe is all Nomads are getting until after Tunguska is done, so I wouldn't expect to see anything for the other ships for a while.

CB's re-sculpt pace is really hard on retailers. Some places are carrying less stock as a result. I think CB is right to give those guys a break and focus on new stuff for a bit, even if, as a player, I want new sculpts.

loricus likes this.
  9. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Except for Carlota Corregidor is fine.

10. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I like the e-mauler Zero and both Prowlers. That Zero is really sleek, and the prowlers, while small as hell, have a really confident feel to them.

I'm pretty convinced we're done with Bakunin for the year, so I am going to convert up boarding shotguns for both. It sucks that nomad boarding shotguns are so rare...

loricus likes this.
  11. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

It was said we are in one of the convention seminars IIRC. Zoe was the last Bakunin unit this year, Tunguska's getting the limelight for obvious reasons.

One of the Bandits has a good Boarding Shotty for swaps, IMO. Can give him a Combi-Rifle or some kind of Pistol instead if you can source one.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation