1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awesome poses and resculpting old models

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Nemo No Name, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

I like the new one far better. I think the old one looks derpy.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  2. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

That you could transport it this way is without question.
    But it doesn't make any sense. You can't go through doors or a gap between trees. You can't draw it fast and the risk of damaging the rifle when you hit something is much higher.
    Infinity plays in a combat environment.
    If you walk a wide forest trail or on a plain this is legit.
    Otherwhise it is only stupid.

3. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Another cool looking old model is the vaulting-clipsos, I love her.
    Yes, there were some weird poses in the old models, but many others were plain awesome and felt natural and dynamic.

BTW, I also prefer the old Naga.

4. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I agree with you.
    I assume her to just take a look at something using her scope.

5. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

I like the older Naga pose better, but the new one is good too. CB have gotten better with the detail and crispness of their miniatures, probably due to digital sculpting. I think there have been a lot of posters crying for more realistic poses, and CB is listening. Myself I find some of the more realistic poses boring and static. There however still seem to be a lot of both available, so everyone go buy the ones you like!

The one thing that does bother me is the increase of tactical gubbins. They might be realistic, but they make the models extremely busy, and difficult to paint. These things are only 32mm(?) tall, a little abstraction is warranted. I could do with a few less belts, bags, pockets, and pistol holders.

6. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

I don't give a damn about realism in the game. At least not realism for the sake of looking real or having a real world paralel. However I do care for consistency, specially internal consistency.

So, for example, the old pose naga gave the idea of a cocky sniper being a little too playful on the battlefield. Maybe posing for a picture? Idk, she just looks kinda arrogant and funny. I like that.

New one is a lady with a gun. Like pretty much every other sniper out there. In fact, I'd wager most the sniper models are female. It's a good sculpt, but it does lack personality, because there's little to set her apart from all the other ladies with guns in this game.

I'm not sure if reusing old poses is a good idea as some of them are super dumb (that leaping wulver and the naga running while hacking are good examples.). However, I would love to see more dynamic poses in the game, yes.

7. benn

benn Well-Known Member

I'd love to see more ridiculous tacticool poses like the crouching dasyu or spektr sniper. There's just something incredibly appealing about poses like that and we don't see them much in newer stuff.

8. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I've noticed there's two people: those that want realistic and those that want creative. It's hard to get both. I'm more for the creative and like interesting "slice of life/action" poses. To me, the new one is very nicely made but boring. The old one is still a good fig but, realistic or not, more interesting to look at. One of my favorite figures is the Hunzakut that's crouched down to put a mine or repeater on the ground. A great blend of realistic and creative. I think too some think a figure is unrealistic because you are seeing a static pose but the artist is seeing it as a moment of action. I still love the old Wulver, jumping over the wall. It's a great moment of action, but many didn't like it think it look weird. Sometimes it doesn't work out, like the falling Minuteman. There was no context to the figure so people couldn't figure it out. Or the kicking Mobile Brigada. Put a door in front of him and it makes sense. Realistic or not though CB still does some amazing figures!

Berjiz and Abrilete like this.
  9. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Nothing else I wanted to say with my first post.
    You are totally right.

10. chaos11

chaos11 Well-Known Member

Personally, sculpt quality is a much bigger deal to me than being in a cool pose. Ideally, we’d have both, but it isn’t always possible and if everything is in a cool pose, they don’t stand out so much anyway. So I much prefer new Naga to old Naga, even if she’s in a standard sniping pose.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Because one is a reasonable pose that isn't wildly unbalanced with the model itself(Dasyu) to one that is a nightmare to balance and just looks ridiculous(Spektr Sniper).

12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

They can't please everyone, I think they should design aesthetics to different factions. I think ALEPH and a lot of Nomads supports flashy urealistic poses while something like Ariadna or PanO tend to not. With a lot of exceptions of course.

I friggin love the Spektr MSR it was the first model I bought after the Correg starter.

13. kanluwen

There's one thing to be said for "flashy unrealistic poses" when we're talking about ALEPH, since there we have effectively the Altered Carbon styled 'bodies'.

Spektr MSR would have made much more sense if it was inverted with a line ala the artwork we had in Paradiso.

14. TaHu

TaHu Well-Known Member

While I disagree on naga sniper, I prefer new one. Most recent releases have similar static poses to me. Kamau HMG, Bagh Mari HMG and Kamau combi have identical poses, for example. I miss old intruder sniper, I started nomads because of him, he looks like a total badass tacticool deadshot, while current one is just meh.

15. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

CAD has made models easier to put together and are overall crisper in detail. However, since moving to CAD a lot of the models have lost a natural flow to them. To me the new CAD models (save a few) are stiff and static. With that a lot of character for those units has been lost as well.

Some examples:

Asawira Spitfire went from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

Crane Agent went from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

Charontid went from this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

The new versions are just stiff and not as dynamic. The Asawira and Charontid changed from poses with lots of character to soldier #31 holding the gun with two hands doing a squat or lean.

Now there are some CAD designs that do pull of some good poses to give the unit some character:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, to me all new basic LI units still don't stand up to the old metros when it comes to character and poses:

[​IMG]

DFW Ike, Berjiz, Marduck and 5 others like this.
  16. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

And Metros don't stand up in the future releases :(

Personally I really like Metro HMG model. Tacticool hoodie machine gun, totally acceptable.

loricus likes this.
  17. kanluwen

It's fun cherrypicking sculpts.

The Charontid original was a ridiculous pose. The Crane had nothing special about him with that original sculpt either; there were quite a few models in similar poses.

The new Asawira is just a bad sculpt. CAD or handsculpt it's just bad.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  18. Solodice

Solodice Freshly Squeezed Troll

When it comes to detail, size, and assembly.

I'll take them over soldier #100 standing straight up with gun in hand every time though.

That was the point of the post... picking out the CAD models that are dull and boring in my eyes compared to the old ones.

But we know your love for all things hand sculpted right, Kan? Those wildcats sure were great for their time.

coleslaw, ObviousGray and loricus like this.
  19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

There are only so many ways to hold a weapon. Though I wouldn't mind someone getting the difference between American and Russian marksman's standing (Russian is much more shoulders-squared-to-target, while 'Murrican is highly angled).

loricus likes this.
  20. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Pretty sure Nomads have those bodies too if not as advanced. Humans don't typically get that PH without a suit or Ariadnan mutation.

Miss? There's no reason not to use that one it's sized fine. I haven't even built the new one.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation