1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avatar and droves of drones, oh my ...

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Yog.0, Oct 3, 2018.

1. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The thing is, I find that aspect of strategos to be a bit of a waste with the Avatar. Since it's got so much of my firepower tied up in a single model, it's a very rare turn that I don't spend at least one order on it.

C0MR4DE likes this.
  2. C0MR4DE

C0MR4DE Malfunctioning Unidron

True, but he made lists with 9 order :)

toadchild likes this.
  3. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

The addition of Libertos to vanilla armies has immediately produced an update to my high model count Avatar list.

[​IMG] LIBERTY PRIME
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]6
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] GAKI AP CCW. (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]2
    [​IMG] LIBERTOS FREEDOM FIGHTERS Light Shotgun, Chain Colt, Antipersonnel Mines, Minelayer (1 | 10)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    [​IMG] KURGAT (Operative Group) Boarding Shotgun, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    [​IMG] KRAKOT RENEGADE Submachine Gun, Chest Mine / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    [​IMG] AVATAR Lieutenant (Strategos L3) MULTI HMG, Sepsitor Plus / DA CCW. (3.5 | 137)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] STALDRON Flash Pulse / Knife. (0 | 0)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Cthulhu363 and Golem2God like this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

It is? The update isn't showing for me. Maybe I should reload the Army Builder again?

5. RobertShepherd

Army builder hasn't been updated, I manually added him to the above list. But we have the full rules, and there are no new skills on the profile, so it's easy to play.

Golem2God likes this.
  6. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

I'm fond of taking 4-6 Gakis as speedbumps around the avatar in the event I have to go second against Rasyat/Shinobu etc. I didn't do that at the last event I attended and I regretted it immensely 2 missions out of 5.

Golem2God likes this.
  7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I find the Krakot's ability to get B 2 berserk hits is great for getting the Avatar un-stuck if someone tries to lock it down in CC.

Golem2God likes this.
  8. locksmith

locksmith comlog active

well there's not much lockdown with Shinobu or a Rasyat, they just kind of kill the Avatar so your only hope is to bog them down on the way in...

9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The worst I've had so far was Al Djabel. Also your opponents' Rasyats must have much better luck than mine; I've never done a great job of killing something like a TAG with one.

10. Barrin

Barrin Nomadic squirrel
    Warcor

I'm convinced that you're seeing list challenges at comletely different places.
    An Avatar list, for me, is about maxing effeciency by raising difficult situations with hard choices for my oponent. Strategos 3 is not about that order, it's about getting two reserves and no reserve for the other side. You have difficulties with Shinobu and Al Djabel? You'd better learn how to deploy your units. You always have to put your Avatar as a last piece on the table. If infiltrator or impersonator gets him for five or less orders, it's always your bad play and your fault. There's no reason for repairing Avatar. If he goes unconcious, he has to die in order to take advantage from Mnemonica rule. You are CA, Haqq impersonation is lowered because of that. You have huge WIP 17 to discover, flamer bots for 9 pts and even after that, if your oponent spends his whole starting turn by killing Avatar, you have 9 orders to wreck his deployment with your Speculo killer. She was your second reserve, wasn't she? (Btw. locking Avatar in CC with Rasyat? GL with that 21 vs 18 CC. Try to make that 16+ ARM double save after you fail one roll with him.)

11. RobertShepherd

Disagree that there's no reason for repairing the Avatar. You don't always have to do it, but especially when your opponent doesn't have a means of playing around him other than to go through (e.g. PanO) that preventative maintenance can translate directly into enemy casualties.

Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation