1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ARO and Cover

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Morkai5, May 12, 2020.

1. Morkai5

Morkai5 New Member

In the CodeOne video from Guerrilla Miniature Games (link here), Ash gets cover in his face to face rolls if a miniature begins out of cover but ends its movement in cover. He says it's a change from previous edition.

But in the CodeOne Rulebook, page 23, it says:

In Infinity CodeOne, Orders and AROs are simultaneous regardless of the Skills declared. For example, if an activated Trooper declares Move + BS Attack and chooses to shoot from its starting position (to take advantage of a favorable Range), and its target reacts with a BS Attack, choosing to shoot at the end of the Movement (again, for Range purposes), then both actions are still considered to be simultaneous for all game purposes.

So, I read that I can still choose to shoot the miniature when he has no cover yet. Am I wrong?

2. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

No you're not.
    There is even an example (page 68) where it is represented.
    upload_2020-5-12_10-34-8.png

The fusilier opens fire on the Caliban before he reaches cover.

The error came from one of the first video, where it seemed the contrary. But the rules are pretty clear about.

Morkai5 and Mahtamori like this.
  3. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I commented in the video that there's still the "all at once" rule, so he clarified that the starter rules in Kaldstrom don't have it, but Code One does. He was just doing a Kaldstrom game with the rules/ missions as they were written rather than adding in the full rules.

It's worth noting that the video was made before CodeOne released, he just happened to uploaded it now. There's a few things he says during the video that date it that way.

Morkai5 likes this.
  4. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: I clicked through to the video, then clicked through to see what other videos they had. It’s wargaming variety show. That’s the sort of thing you want for the enthusiasm, and the overall impressions, not the technical details, I think. Sort of like old school Bostria videos. :)

Anyway, the Kaldstrom box has the same sort of extended introduction rules that the other Operation boxes do. It can be sort of infuriating looking at the missions and thinking about what they chose to leave out compared to what sold me on the game originally. :-/

AdmiralJCJF and Morkai5 like this.
  5. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

GMGs Infinity videos have alot of rules mistakes in them. Especially in N3. I wouldn't take anything Ash does in there as rules explanations. I do love the channel though. The dude is playing so many different systems i think it is alright to not be ass deep in all of them. I love the channel for the variety.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation