1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Randomizer

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Balewolf, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I know there was one back before HSN3 came out, but it doesn't look like it's been updated at all. It was easy to use and made some great handicap lists. After doing some digging, I haven't been able to find anything other than a something that pulls premade lists up from a pool.

Anyone know of any army list randomizers that are up to date?

2. Reece

Reece EI Aspect
    Warcor

Oh man, I completely forgot about that! That thing was cool.

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I have a game called Saganami Island Tactical Simulator, and one of the quirks you get was using a poker card set for random determination of stuff... without having a look at it (it's been years since I last played it, and I've been trying to sell it for months now) you would draw 3 cards, one would determine the quality of your ship's captain, other would determine a minus or bonus to the amount of points you had to build your forces ("lemon factor"), and the third card would determine your mission. Usually, the higher the card, the better.
    So if you would draw an ace, a one and a 7, you could use the Ace to get a +30% points for listbuilding (or a -30% if you chose the one!), while the mission could be just fend off the other player, etc...

Ported it to Infinity, once could draw an extra pair of secondary objectives and choose one among the ones you draw to modify the amount of points you would have. Or if you want something less extreme, tie some forces as reserves that won't come in until something happens (a casualty, an objective...).

4. Balewolf

Balewolf It's all opinion

I'm talking more of something where you pick the army size, and the army randomizer throws in anything it wants to fill in the points and SWC. Sometimes you'd have 20 Daylami, or Saladin being led by a Ghulam LT. It was just silly stuff, but I'm board with running the starter boxes vs newer/learning people, and funky handicap lists from a generator would be fun to do.

Your idea is pretty cool for a campaign of some kind.

5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The old random list generator was by @CoveredInFish. I don't know if there have been any developments lately.

Reece and Balewolf like this.
  6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

i made my own randomizer in march 2016 using Excel Spreadsheet which I keep updating as my collection grows (it is a pain to update). Because that was my main problem with the random list generator : that it would make lists that required too many proxies for me to use with my models.

Before that, one way to randomize was to shuffle and draw profile cards* until you reach the max. I now use a similar system sometime. Having a list of my profiles in excel I randomize the table then go down the list until I reach the pts/swc max, skipping over any that are too expensive.

*profile cards are still in the old forum, but out of date now. I stopped using profile card as you need to take out model from the bag and then find the matching profile card. so much trouble compared to printing army list.

unclesrouce and Balewolf like this.
  7. CoveredInFish

CoveredInFish Diplomatic Delegate
    Warcor

My random list generator had the data coming from a source that doesn’t update anylonger.

I have to admit that this stopped my development somewhat so that today still not all planned features are implemented.

If I can find another compatible data source I might - if I find time - start developing again.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation