1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army Lists: OTM to Army problems and work around

Discussion in 'OTM (Official Tournament Manager)' started by Myomer, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Myomer

Myomer Tyrannosaur in an F-14
    Warcor

Hello all, I am currently running the Old Dominion Disagreement Online 2021 and I have had a difficult time checking lists posted to OTM. Today I finally found a reliable method to view lists and wanted to share what [currently] works for me. This post is to explain the issues I have had along with solutions that have, at various times, worked. The issues were repeatable in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, but only the third solution was repeatable; my operating system is Windows 10. I will also cross-post this in the Army bugs thread.

Problem: selecting an army list from OTM will open a new Infinity Army window, but it will variably remain at the home screen, load a strange mixed sectorial page, or even occasionally work correctly.

Third and Most Successful Solution:
    1. Open the army builder and select any sectorial sectorial as if you were going to build a list. (i.e. click on Yu Jing and then on Invincible Army as if you were going to build a list for that sectorial).
    2. In the OTM, click the army code for the list you want to view.
    3. Look at Army to see what sectorial icon appears on the right of the screen in the player's list.
    4. Return to Army's home screen and select that sectorial as in step 1.
    5. Select the code in OTM (yes, again).
    6. The actual list will now appear for verification.
    Result: This method was clunky but repeatable in Chrome and Edge.

First Attempted Solution: Select and copy the army code from the OTM link and use Import Army Code to load the list into Infinity Army.
    Result: Mixed, semi-repeatable. Some days this will work every time and I can check multiple players, sometimes it will only work if I continue to select the same sectorial, and sometimes the list will appear to be loading but Army will then revert to the home screen.

Second Attempted solution: Clear cache (ctrl-F5) of Infinity Army
    Result: Semi-repeatable. The first selected list from the OTM will sometimes load in Army, but subsequent selected lists will only load if they are from the same sectorial. This worked consistently for a few lists but then I would begin to be sent to the Army homepage without the list loading. Effectiveness of this solution has remained inconsistent.
    Secondary Result: If a list from a different sectorial is loaded next, the previous sectorial's army list will remain on the right, but the faction logo of the new list will be placed at the top of the player's list on the left; no units are loaded, however. See for example the image below, where Yu Jing was previously loaded and a Varuna list was selected in the OTM)
    Different sectorial selection.jpg

Third and Most Successful Solution:
    1. Open the army builder and select any sectorial sectorial as if you were going to build a list. (i.e. click on Yu Jing and then on Invincible Army as if you were going to build a list for that sectorial).
    2. In the OTM, click the army code for the list you want to view.
    3. Look at Army to see what sectorial icon appears on the right of the screen in the player's list.
    4. Return to Army's home screen and select that sectorial as in step 1.
    5. Select the code in OTM (yes, again).
    6. The actual list will now appear for verification.
    Result: This method was clunky but repeatable in Chrome and Edge.

Wizzy likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation