1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Army 7 with Code One is online

Discussion in 'News' started by Stiopa, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

It is, in all likelihood, a data entry error. It seems that someone put the inch data into the cm slot and the site calculates one based off the other.

2. stormshroud

stormshroud Member

Website and Chrome.

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Small feedback item - the default sort order is based on idArmy, which is not visible or useful to players. I would recommend something like unit type (LI, MI, ...) and name (or ISC) as helpful defaults, as they make it easier to find what you're looking for.

4. CabalTrainee

CabalTrainee Well-Known Member

So i guess Army 7 is mostly made for mobile? I kinda liked my units in that horizontal line on my widescreen. But again i do most of my list building on pc.

5. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I downloaded Firefox ESR which is in version 68.7 (normal Firefox is in 72.0 I think) and that made me able to access Army 7 at work. Seems like a simple coding error in the browser version where t = t / 2.5 but it never reloads t when you change unit so the next unit will use the previous unit's converted Dodge bonus as the cm-value for the conversion calculation instead of the current unit's Dodge bonus in cm.
    Same error doesn't seem to exist in app version.

6. Nimlothautle

Nimlothautle Well-Known Member

Looks like the app has been updated and a bunch of clean-ups made. Ninjas no longer have hidden deployment, ML (blast mode) no longer has the circular impact template, and the Burst on Anti-material mode for the multi-sniper has been dropped from 2B to 1B, all changes in line with the Code One rulebook.

I want to say, I hope and assume that blast templates will return to the ML and HRL, etc. in N4. I also think the change to Shotguns is fine, doesn't really change the power level a ton and simplifies the rules. However, I don't like this change to the multi-sniper, and I am worried this will follow to the viral sniper as well (although this would be a great trade off, 2B viral, vs all the modes on multi). The reason I don't like 1B DA on the sniper rifle is that it pushes the weapon further from being an offensive option. As HMG's and, to a lesser extent, spitfires have stayed the same, this makes them even more of an auto include than they were in N3 and very much hurts factions that don't have access to great HMG platforms (Most egregiously: N3's Spiral Corps, which makes great use of core linked snipers).***

***This is very obviously speculation using the data about N4 we have now: The Code One Rule book and existing N3 army. It is very possible some other balancing to the weapons rock-paper-scissor will sort it out, but form the info we have now, this nerf decreases options rather than increases them. This is opposed to almost every other change in CodeOne which I see as increasing our tactical options, which is excellent in every way! If anything I would like to have seen a sniper buff: Marksmenship LX as part of the core rules (OrphanofToast's suggestion) for snipers, or a +6 range band from 40-48 (something hard to setup in the tables my Florida meta uses).

... I also didn't run the number on 2B AP snipers vs 2B DA snipers to see how big of change it really is, so if someone wants to slam me with that, I deserve it in advance. But I also think any offensive nerf at all was unwarranted. My guess is this was likely done as a push to get people to care more about ARM/AP...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation