1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Armory list advice + Suryats in Onyx

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Sharrankar, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

Hey there fellow extraterrestrial invasive species of aliens! I have an armory game coming up (don't yet know who's my opponent, since we're playing a league and the pairings are not yet up) - I came here to seek advice regarding a list I came up with.

It's pretty standard, with the Unidron link team, Q-Drone, Noctifer and all the jazz, but it also includes a Suryat - I've never run this monkey in Onyx, they are overcosted imo and just not worth taking in general, but I absolutely love their models and would love them to be viable. So, my questions are:
    1. Does this list seem decent to you? The aim is to have as many DTWs as possible, to either clear the armory out or be a pain in the ass to get cleared out
    2. Have any of you had any success with Suryats in Onyx? Do you try to build your list around them, do you take more than one, or do you leave your heavy monkeys at home?
    Here's the list:

Armory ──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    NEXUS Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device)
    Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    KERR-NAU (UPGRADE: White Noise)
    Plasma Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    UNIDRON
    Missile Launcher, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 20)
    UNIDRON
    Spitfire / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1 | 18)
    UNIDRON
    Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    UNIDRON
    Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    Q-DRONE
    HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    SURYAT
    MULTI Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 41)
    FRAACTA
    Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    IKADRON B
    Repeater)[/b] 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    NOCTIFER
    Missile Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID (Journalist L1)
    Submachine Gun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

2. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

you can potentially switch suryat for Malignos KHD, as he has dazer and mines, so in case you go first you can enter and mine the place and put a dazer. if there are no restriction on unit limit (Tactical Window), you can get an r-drone or upgrade some units for spare points. Also with armory, there's a giant LOS-blocker in midfield, which makes ML a bit worse, as most likely you will be shooting in +0 range rather than +3. I prefer plasma sniper rifle.
    If you don't like Malignos, you can always grab an extra fraacta. I personally really dislike suryat except the HMG profile.

#2 Lesh', Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  3. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

Maybe tactical sense hmg suryat for more fire power and plasma sniper instead of missil launcher unidron to more burst that may help in active turn

4. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

What about...
    Armory
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    NEXUS Lieutenant Hacker (EI Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Nullifier / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    KERR-NAU (UPGRADE: White Noise) Plasma Rifle + Pitcher, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    UNIDRON Plasma Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 24)
    UNIDRON (Forward Observer) Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)
    UNIDRON Plasma Carbine / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 14)
    UNIDRON K1 Combi Rifle + 1 TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 17)
    Q-DRONE Plasma Rifle / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    SURYAT Vulkan Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 37)
    SURYAT (Tactical Awareness) HMG + TinBot A (Deflector L1) / Pistol, CCW. (2 | 48)
    Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID (Journalist L1) Submachine Gun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Plasma Sniper is far superior to Missile Launcher, and you won't need two of them. A K1 Combi could be a nasty surprise, instead!
    Suryat Duo Vulkan + TA-HMG to close in the Armoury and to be placed in Suppressive Fire inside.
    Bit&KISS to expand your Killing output in hacking, just remember to put a Nullifier on the head of your Lt! And KISS inside the Armoury is a free ADHL shot to anyone entering...

5. Sharrankar

Sharrankar Well-Known Member

Tbh, I just really wanted to make a Suryat work, as I really like the models, but it just seems that they are overcosted, compared to what they do and what other options we have in Onyx :/

I also think that one fraacta should be enough, as the 2nd one doesn't really bring much to the table - the idea behind her was to either catch people moving into the armory during the 2nd turn, or try to place a DTW through the door (if she manages to get there alive lol) - I prefer malignos over the 2nd fraacta, I like the idea of mining the place and just chillin there

Tac aw. Suryat is cool, but isn't really suitable for defense imo - the multi rifle + light ft. one is better imo, cause he has DA rounds and threatens a DTW if you come too close to the armory itself, which you eventually have to do. He's super expensive tho, and doesn't stack any modifiers :/ malignos is a bit cheaper and is harder to kill, so he might really be a better choice here - thanks for the suggestions!

Edit: @tox - interesting approach, I'd change the Q-Drone to hmg tho (better range just outshines plasma ammo imo)
    I'll deffo consider double Suryats, maybe I could get them to work!

Also, has anyone ever made Suryats work in Onyx?

#5 Sharrankar, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I think the plasma Q is for suppressive in the armory. It can output a potential 6 wounds to the HMG's 3.

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

That's it! You have a huge roadblock in the middle of the field, more often than not your HMG will be wasted.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation