1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you forced to inflict damage with * rolled?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Croepoek, May 5, 2020.

1. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Hey,

simple question: do you need to inflict damage with :2:rolled in attacks? It seems the reference guide is giving contradicting answers.

Page 3 under "Attacks" says in the last bullet "In the Effects step of the Attack, both Characters may use their unblocked :2: to cause the other that amount of :4:Damage." For me the "may" implicates that I also can decide to not cause :4:s.

Page 7/8 under F2F roll shows: "If the Action being resolved is an Attack, each Character suffers as many :4: as :2: remain on their opponent’s Roll"

Not sure what has priority here? Background to the question is to stop Moonchild from transforming by just not causing damage.

@-V- / @Damiel Can you help to clarify? Thanks! (Also: in the pdf on page 8 it says "4" instead of the :4:symbol)

inane.imp, AdmiralJCJF and Ealthril like this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Good question.

Whichever way it's ruled I think it'd make a good FAQ.

Ealthril, Croepoek and toadchild like this.
  3. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

Well... I have been invoked... And here I am... X3

Ok, this is not official, just my 2 cents, 'kay?

I think Damage should be mandatory.

Firstly, because the first moment during the Attack Sequence when you should resolve Damage is.

Also, if you can do something and also you are instructed to do somenthing, the most restrictive thing is doing it, so you do it.

Lastly, from lore and common sense, it's quite difficult to hit holding back the hit, in a free training environment... Now think about doing the same in the midst of a frantic Blitz game, in front of Vissiorama's cameras, with all the crowd shouting and the lights pointing at you...

:3

AdmiralJCJF and Croepoek like this.
  4. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Thank you. Same I would play it as of now, but I would prefer to wait for V to clarify :)

Damiel likes this.
  5. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Damiel is right. Whenever you Attack, you always inflict all the Damage. That "may" from page 3 is a direct translation of a Spanish expression that was bad, by the way. I'll add this to FAQ as other ones I've been noting down. But currently, we are pretty busy and I can't give you any date when this will happen.

6. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Thank you @-V- that changes things regarding how to deal with Moonchild lol. :grinning:

7. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

But... Is there a way to do it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ealthril likes this.
  8. Ealthril

Warcor

Certainly as you created a well balanced game, didn't you? :hugging_face::grinning:

9. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Oh, don't you know? The secret is that everyone is OP in Aristeia! :sunglasses:

volgo and Ealthril like this.
  10. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Some may be "slightly" more OP than others.

:-P

inane.imp likes this.
  11. Ealthril

Warcor

Yesterday evening, @HarlequinOfDeath made to me a real demonstration of the power of Eclypse, whom I considered not that useful... I have never been so far away from the truth ! Thank you for the lesson @HarlequinOfDeath

And so, as @-V- mentions it, this game is full of gold nuggets to be found :facepunch: :8:

AdmiralJCJF and Croepoek like this.
  12. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Eclypse is one of the most underrated Characters. We are conscious that she may not be the best support in the game, but we think it's unfair.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation