1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are Mormaers bad?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by AkiPL, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mikes

Mikes Well-Known Member

If I have the points I do like a T2 mormear to hold down a flank, but the hmg is just too expensive for a 1 wound model. Considering I can have a grey in a 5man link with better BS, and extra burst and four extra pairs of eyes to cover his back for not much more than the Morm, it's no contest.

As mentioned though, if they got NWI I'd include them more often .

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

As it stands, they're a decent unit, but competing with Wulvers and Greys they're very much a third option for most people. Add soldier of fortune into the mix and with a Wallace LT Bounty Hunters, Kaplans and Druze all start to look like better options, even the Anaconda (or Scarface if you don't care about hiring war criminals) is in the same price range as the cheapest pair of Mormaers.
    If they had NWI, and kept shock immunity they'd almost be auto include, even if they cost a point more each. If the Haris option was changed to the HMG Mormaer and 2 Greys, they'd be a lot more attractive. If they had even a 1 point reduction, they'd look about as good an option as the greys or Wulvers.

3. Envihon

Envihon The Sword of Haqqislam, High Commander Envihon

Oi! Don't talk about Scarface like that! It wasn't his fault! It was the Druze that got him hyped up on combat drugs so that he would lose his mind and kill innocent people under the direction of the MagnaObra corporation. This is why when Haqqislam sent a Hassassin, they went to strike at the leader of MagnaObra and not at Scarface or the Druze, you know, to do Caledonia a solid.

But yeah, totally agree, it's not that they are bad but there are better options to use those points for. Mormaers only need slight tweaks to become a more attractive option.

T. Rex Pushups likes this.
  4. EpicDiceFail

EpicDiceFail Patron Saint of Horrible Dice

I've always had good luck running the Wallace Mormear link when I've taken them. Yes they are expensive, but they can also be one hell of a rambo unit. I'll move them around into favorable positions with Wallace then open up with the APHMG when I've got a nice juicy target. Put them into suppression before the Reactive Turn and have Wallace guard the rear with this flamer.

5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I feel like ARM5+Cover is pretty good.

RogueJello likes this.
  6. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

It is, but is it 2 shotguns, smoke and frag, 2 inches of movement, and decent cc good when compared to the grey? How about climbing plus, an extra wound, grenades, movement, natural born warrior, and damn good cc good when compared to the wulver? Is it 8 points, smoke grenades, movement, and a drop in cc ability better than the hmg grey? Sure they have 1WP more than Greys, and 1BS more than wulvers, and they won't frenzy, but neither will linked Greys or wulvers...

Still a good unit, but there is definitely a premium being paid for the extra armour.

Commoner1 likes this.
  7. Lazarus0909

Lazarus0909 Well-Known Member

I've said so on the old forums - in CHA they're decidedly "okay" (nothing to write home about, steep price for what they do, stiff competition from greys and wulvers) but defintiely wouldn't bother in vanilla vs. superior vet Kazaks and the Blackjack.

Envihon, Commoner1 and cazboab like this.
  8. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Mormaers in my experience are one of those units that looks bland boring and overcosted on paper. But my experience is that in game they are legitimately brutal units, and pairing the Haris up with a Grey+Vol core gives 2 B5 AP HMGs ont he table. furthermore the 2 T2 BS13 Xvisors that tag along wiht the haris they are very good at holding down the field. the combo of Xvisor and T2 rifle is also easily underestimated though fighting with B4 and BS10 (Assuming cover) out to 32 is a legitimate way of getting non-SWC range threats into a list.

In short I really do rate the Mormaer haris after actually putting it on the table, I just dont always expect them to live so dont get attatched

T. Rex Pushups and RogueJello like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation