1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are any other army splits planned?

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Lanic, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Let's just say that unrealistic storytelling on CB's part didn't start with Uprising.

oldGregg, Berjiz and kanluwen like this.
  2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, I can see some sort of "it was one of the ships that made it" given the EI might not have initially realised that they were going to take over 50% casualties in transit into the Paradiso system.

But it was totally unmarked as civilian in an otherwise totally militarised area.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I know Infinity is heavily informed by anime tropes, but can we please skip the Harem storyline?

Remember that the Shas racial priority is "Do whatever it takes to survive"

Dropping a seed ship in a war zone could help provide reinforcements (which would make it a valid military target under current Laws of War), and it's possible that the EI usually stomps the opposition hard enough that nobody had the capability to destroy a seed ship by the time the seed ship arrived. (Remember, 50% casualties in transit)

Golem2God, Solar, Berjiz and 2 others like this.
  4. Stiopa

I don't know. There's something fascinating in a story of how Thamyris brags about being the lover of the Human Sphere, only to hear "Ekhm, actually..." from Angus...

No way it's going to be Aida. In a classic Betty and Veronica plot Boring Betty (Bipandra) usually wins over Vivacious Veronica (Aida, and actually all the other girls). I don't like it, but that's the way writers usually go.

#104 Stiopa, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    TheEmptyRoad likes this.
  5. SpectralOwl

Given certain changing tastes in the anime industry, my bet is on a surprise last-minute seduction of Achilles.

AidanO likes this.
  6. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I mean, people were wondering how Sheskiin got close enough to scan him. He clearly has a Kirk-complex, loves the green skinned women.

7. Section9

Agreed.

Golem2God and stevenart74 like this.
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Angus ends up seducing Achilles but in a surprise plot twist achilles is actually Patroclus!! Angus will be able to get over the deception because he actually has a secret as well...Angus is actually Achilles.

Nemo No Name likes this.
  9. Stiopa

Then it turns out they're actually two Speculo Killers.

TheEmptyRoad, Section9, Solar and 5 others like this.
  10. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

Of course we then have the spinoff where all the characters are students in high school and all the girls just want senpai Angus to notice them.

11. Skjarr

Skjarr EI Mouthpiece

Perhaps just a difference in interpretation.

I read it as the EI isn't totally happy with the Shasvaasti as their Transcendence project is going nowhere and it feels they are a little too distracted with their own agenda.

It's nothing major at this stage but CB are painting a picture of all not being 100% rosy in the EI garden and the EI not bring above replacing it's client species if it feels they aren't doing their job.
    Basically giving themselves narrative scope for future shakeups in the future should they wish to.

12. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

"Why do we keep losing our seed ships to enemy action!?!?!?"

saint likes this.
  13. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

I have a hunch that the EI will propose to Aleph. At first she will say no, but in the end, AI (which is also the word for Love in Japanese) will conquer all. Aleph and the EI will join forces, and call themselves "Alei". Then we will have a new Faction called AI Allied Armies (A3), composed of PanO, Yu Jing, Aleph and Combined loyal to "Alei".

Errhile likes this.
  14. RogueJello

RogueJello Well-Known Member

I'm fine with that, if this is the cover of the next book.

[​IMG]

Danger Rose likes this.
  15. Section9

Oh, dear god in heaven, NO!

No Evangelion mindfuckery!!!!

16. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

It's no use living in denial.
    When Aleph and the El finally get over their anime romance comedy hangups, at the end of season three, all of your sectorials are going to be discontinued.
    :v:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation