1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Painting Log: Defiance

Discussion in 'General' started by archangeleong, Mar 21, 2021.

1. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

The purple is golden in this painting!! Did you used airbrushes? If so, which colors? XDXD

2. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Thanks Guys for the encouragement. I don't use airbrushes because I am too lazy (It takes me more time to set up and clean one than actually paint!).

Croepoek likes this.
  3. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Aïda Swanson

[​IMG]

Aïda Swanson
    Another nasty little traitor. Like Victor, I based her differently than the other villains due to her duplicitous nature as a merc playing on both sides. It was fun trying to come up with a non-green colour scheme for her and doing some wild purple and turquoise camo.

LunarSol, Abydog, Abrilete and 8 others like this.
  4. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Combined Army
    [​IMG]
    Combined Army
    So they ended up being quite a colourful lot of villains. I had some second thoughts when applying my Halo theme to the character models, but I'm happy overall with how everything turned out (just a bit more outlandish than your typical army with all matching colours). The Combined Army sure do remind me of the Covenant with it's mix of different species that all share the same insane goal of universal domination.

I was also hoping to channel a bit of synthwave retro futurism with the fluro colours combined with the purple armour and magenta guns. To this end I think the alien tufts of grass (from Gamersgrass) sell this better than I painted it. All up it was quite a marathon to get all these guys done in one month but I managed pulled it off in the end.

LunarSol, Abydog, Abrilete and 13 others like this.
  5. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

Beautiful minis! I'm putting mine off to force me to work through my SW:Legion first.
    But, now that you've done them all, you obviously have plenty of time to do all the reinforcement packs, right? :smiling_imp::wink:

6. crouchingotter

crouchingotter Well-Known Member

Excellent work. They all look great as individual models and yet cohesive as a group thanks to how elements other than a unified colour scheme ties them all together.

7. archangeleong

Good luck with your SW. I didn't get any reinforcement packs. Just too many minis to get through. It would melt my brain and crush my motivation to have that many to finish at on time. I only like to by and work on a manageable amount of minis at on time.

Thanks. I'm glad it seems to work as a whole.

8. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Jazmin "Jazz" Caticovas & Billie

[​IMG]
    Jazz & Billie

These guys were the first heroes I did in the set. It was nice to work on something different to all the purple Combined Army villains. I tried to match her colours with my Nomad army. I didn't stray too far from the artwork in terms of colour selection but I did use black instead of white as a contrast colour. The writing and logo on her top was a cool little detail that I never noticed until I worked on her.

[​IMG]

Abydog, Abrilete, Barsik and 11 others like this.
  9. BigBadFox

BigBadFox Well-Known Member

+1.

Especially Sheeshkin looks really good, because she pops out without looking too different.

archangeleong and crouchingotter like this.
  10. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Qiang Gao
    [​IMG]

Qiang Gao

This guy was fun to paint. So chonky. I added lots of little markings here and there so he would tie in to my Invincible army. Had plenty of practice painting Yu Jing yellow/orange armour so this guy was a breeze to paint, although he took the longest out of the heroes just because of his large size.

[​IMG]

#30 archangeleong, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    Abydog, Abrilete, redeemer and 11 others like this.
  11. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Uma Sorensen

[​IMG]
    Uma Sorensen
    There were lots of fine details on this mini that took ages to paint. I enjoyed sprucing up her guns the most. I like her a lot in the game. Once she is upgraded she can take out most enemies in one turn.

[​IMG]

Abydog, Abrilete, Barsik and 10 others like this.
  12. crouchingotter

I honestly think I need to strip my Uma model and start again as I suspect I’ve either primed a little too heavily on the midriff or even worse, I’ve filed away detail that looked like a mould line

13. archangeleong

The detail was so fine there that I think I almost filed it all away too. In the end I had to paint it back on carefully myself

14. crouchingotter

Then you’ve really impressed me. So much so that I might have to try doing that myself.

Wish me luck!

Yours looks lovely by the way. You’ve definitely set a high bar for me to try and match.

15. archangeleong

Thanks and good luck. I studied the artwork to carefully trace the lines around her midriff with paint. I also used what remained of the detail that wasn’t scratched off to help sketch where the lines should go. Hope that helps.

crouchingotter likes this.
  16. archangeleong

INFINITY DEFIANCE: Cadin "First Strike" Donn
    [​IMG]
    Cadin "First Strike"

So this guy is my first Ariadnan. That said I wasn't really sure what colour scheme to follow. I did want to keep him green though as each hero in Defiance is essentially a game piece done in a primary colour. I studied pictures of soldiers' army fatigues and in the end settled on Vietnam era US soldiers for my main colour palette. The mini has a dynamic pose that was pretty fun to paint.

Cadin starts out pretty weak in the game but once you upgrade his weapon and movement speed he lives up to his name and strikes hard and fast, smashing his opponents aside with satisfying ease. He went from a bit of a benchwarmer to mvp in my Defiance roster.

[​IMG]

Abydog, Abrilete, Barsik and 9 others like this.
  17. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Dude, please tell me you're not knocking these out one per day.

borisgreymenace likes this.
  18. archangeleong

Lol, na it took about 2 weeks to get all 6 heroes done. I’m just trying to write up and post pics each day this week before I start work :-)

RolandTHTG and Nuada Airgetlam like this.
  19. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

Effin' thank you, I can go back to merely disliking you for the quality and not hating you for the speed as well ;)

Time Bandit and crouchingotter like this.
  20. archangeleong

thanks... I think? Lol :-)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation