1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

April-la Guard News

Discussion in 'News' started by roobot, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

It's awful.... I love it!

roobot likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I personally find Shaolin to be fairly likely in the box, unless they invent a new "Frontovik style" trooper, but the old sculpts will probably be retired if that's the case (I think they're still traditionally sculpted and not 3D-modelled), however, in the context that Code One will feature more than just a single Starter for each faction, this Operation box doesn't need to cater to vanilla as there will be an IA starter, an ISS starter and (likely) a vanilla starter broken out from Red Veil as well - ditto MO starter, Varuna starter, vanilla starter, likely SAA starter and maybe NCA starter. Add to this that at least one type of Remotes will be Code One:d as well...
    Kaldstrøm looks like pure addition.

P.s. ALT+155 on numpad for those wondering how to type it on a non-DK/NO/ layout.

Knauf likes this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

It's just that Kaltstrom and Code One are being released simultaneously, so I'd expect the former to be a valid Code One starter set in all but name (or maybe even explicitly so). I doubt CB will just release rules for Code One and hope that people will buy the old vanilla starters. They will want a fresh new set of miniatures to go along with it.

And if Code One is really just Vanilla factions as teased, that's where a certain balancing act between Vanilla and Sectorial has to take place. I'm curious how the whole branching paths concept for the product line is going to work out, though.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I'm flatout expecting Auxilia to go the way of the Exrah, with some trash about how "They had to get pulled back to security duty and can't ever, ever, ever be on the frontlines!".

Auxilia have not ever been handled well by CB, in terms of the way they are presented.

Stiopa likes this.
  5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I wouldn't mind them being pulled as a separate unit.

What would work perfectly fine for PanO would be adding Auxbot loadouts to units here and there (ORC, Fusilier, Kamau, Bagh-Mari, Teuton, etc) - with various options, not just HFT - and releasing a box with four Auxbots to use as required.

Berjiz, Smiler and barakiel like this.
  6. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Here's my line of reasoning:

Do we really need a new Nisse sniper sculpt? do we really need new Fusilier sculpts? probably not and logically these 4 things would be included in a Sval themed starter. They could theoretically just take the 4 existing minis from the Icestorm starter and stick them in the new box.

At the same time they would be doing themselves a disservice by doing this, obviously you want new minis to get new and old fans alike excited about your new box. if they just recycled old minis that would go over pretty negatively.

So the two option are:
    Make new Nisse and Fusilier sculpts, totaling 6 combi fusilier sculpts (because the vanilla PanO starter is still in production) and possibly have some overlap with an existing Nisse sculpt (though the could just make a plain combi guy, or arm him with a new profile or whatever.)

or

Create new line troops. maybe something a little tougher and more elite than the fusilier and a pretty un-exciting nisse sculpt. since we already have an HMG, sniper, hacker.

7. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Invencible starter pack have 0 Zanshi's, why Svalhareima Starter MUST have 3 Fusiliers?

8. MikeTheScrivener

Logically, yes, starters generally include 3 versions of the AVA total line troop. Especially a 2-player starter box. Zuyong are the closest thing IA have that fit this description.

9. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

I'll will expect more about Corvus 2020 than a 6 basic line troops in the box,

And if not... well, congrats for the new new resculpt shinny fusilers and zanshis hehehe :p

10. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Don't you dare talk shit about furcoat Zhanshi and helmeted Fusiliers.

11. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Ouuuuu!!! That will be a good "Snow Redesign-Resculpt"!!

12. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

Orcs, Bolts, Aquila Guard are my main picks for Auxbot loadouts.

I'd also cut every single damn Knight out, as per usual, into a NA2 and call it a day. ;)

Either way, we know it won't happen. You and I have been part of suggesting Auxbot variants for how long? They just don't seem to give a shit about doing anything unique and interesting with the concept anymore.

Stiopa likes this.
  13. RolandTHTG

RolandTHTG Still wandering through the Night

Ok, looking at the Pan-O as it will likely mirror the Aleph from Coldfront (where Aleph was elite LI & MI vs Ariadna's cheap LI and a HI)
    3 dakini (line)
    1 shukra (support/close assault)
    1 yadu (MI)
    1 deva (support/LT)
    1 naga (sniper)

3 LI line troopers - maybe the snow fusliers, but I wonder if they might make Svalhareima Regulars, that will have a mountain or multiterrain rule in N4. That would avoid duplicating fusliers, and then they could also have just a "Regulars" entry in CodeOne for the old SAA players to also use.
    The NISSE would likely fill the Yadu MI slot, then you have 3 slots to fill with a camo trooper and two support troopers.

I'd expect the hospitalier knight and Auxilia + auxbot to be in the beyond pack if they're in the sectorial.

14. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

@kanluwen well, PanO updates are a mixed bag. With Quinn it seems we're back on the boring track. I have other armies to play so I'm not that attached and can simply wait and see what they do with the faction in N4, for now I say it can go either way.

Guardian likes this.
  15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

I know it is only a rumor but, I see Auxilias, like mentioned before, go to the parking deck. They are basicaly line troops with auxbots, nothing to build on. They could be easily candidates for profiles that are superfluous. Their function can be replaced by adding a bot on this or that profile (as mentioned before).

The Box should act as a starter for code one and it should be both the svarla sectorial startes. That mean, it should contain line troops. It is totally possible that CB serves us new and shiny fusis and zhanshis, even this will not make the veterans happy. I doubt that they will introduce a new type of line troops to both factions. Pan O has three and YJ two (basicaly three, but I´ll not count the HI line troops (intrestingly Shang Ji are also line troops, so four). I could even see regulars are so busy planting new trees, that they are unable to fight in N4.

Very difficult to guess what is in the box. I could see Shaolin for YJ but if they remain irregular and impetious they will one have one in the box (maybe they are regular in Code One and irregular in N4).

So Yu Jing: Shang Ji Combi/FT (if they not go out of the game, the situation is good, only one availabe model, in this case I see a Daofei here), Guilang, Shaolin and ... Zhanshi?

Pan O: Svarla Orc (hope not), or fifth Hospitaller, Nisse Combi that will be the haris profile, a new jump troop or a crusader, if they are lazy and ... maybe Order Sgt. as shared line troops for Svarla with AVA 4 or something?

Knauf likes this.
  16. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

I do wonder if they need to do the "3 line troops" style since Code One won't feature any fire teams I think. So if you're building out a N4 team from this, you'd be buying additional stuff anyway and could just add on a pack of line troops. They could have a variety of sculpts without repeating the basic cheerleaders for Code One.

Not really "teased", directly stated to be just core factions. (edit: other thread says just Combined Army, PanO, YuJIng and O12) I wonder if Code One will simply change the stats of minis, or just ban minis that have profiles that depend on the expanded rules too much. Probably a mix of both.

I wanted the Aleph, and Coldfront was out of stock, so I emailed them asking if they were splitting out the Ariadna/ Aleph packs and when. They responded with saying Coldfront was back in stock (it is, on their site) and would be shipping to distributors soon. So not sure when they plan on splitting off Aleph (Ariadna has a different starter pack) as a starter pack.

#36 Vocenoctum, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  17. Vanderbane

Vanderbane Well-Known Member

I vote that the new line troops all come with light flamethrowers. Because they're cold.

Deathwig, Berjiz and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  18. Vocenoctum

Vocenoctum Well-Known Member

And ice picks for melee?

Vanderbane likes this.
  19. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

With Red Veil, Beyond Red Veil, and Yu Jing starter set to be discontinued in April, they might do three zhanshis again. I wouldn't mind, if they were new sculpts (including a combi + LGL) and they made them ten points base. How many different Nox troopers will there be by the time defiance is in circulation?

20. MikeTheScrivener

Defiance is never going to retail. Kickstarter was a one and done.

Xeurian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation